• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Card Swap **Read and Respond**

In summary, Kelly McNamara is organizing an opportunity for 75 different people to send in their business cards with their reasons for beginning and staying with PC. Each person must mail 75 cards with a self addressed envelope with enough postage. The deadline for the cards to be mailed was extended to August 31st. There are 84 people participating in this swap and those who do not mail their cards within the allotted time will be cut from the exchange. Latecomers are still accepted and if someone does not have 75 cards, they can send less and receive less back from the swap.
Yeah! I can't wait to see them.....thank you so much for doing all of this for us.. your the best......

Thank you! Thank you! You done good! Kudos! I do appreciate it and can't wait to see them all!

Kelly....you are AMAZING!!!! Thank you sooooo much for doing all this. Sorry I am causing you a trip to the PO though! :eek:

PChefPEI said:
Kelly....you are AMAZING!!!! Thank you sooooo much for doing all this. Sorry I am causing you a trip to the PO though! :eek:
That's not why I said that!! It is NO biggie!! I just didn't want EVERYONE to think there's was on the way yet!!

Thanks, Kelly! I'm really looking forward to getting these!

I'm with the others - anything left, please use for your recuits. Or, you could strategically place them in places where people will pick them up and call because they are looking for a business opportunity ... :balloon:

Yahhh!!!I got my cards today :D I havent started going throught hem yet (supposed to be packing :p) but I took a peek and I cant wait to read through all the different reasons.

Thanks again Kelly :D Your the BEST!!!

I got mine, too. Thank you Kelly!

Mine arrived today. Thank you Kelly for all your work. Thanks also to all the consultants who participated. I hope that this will generate greater interest in the business.

Wow! I can't believe you guys are getting them already! That is super fast!

I got my cards today also!! Thanks again!

I didn't get mine, but hopefully soon....

Got mine today too! Can't wait to read and use them. Thanks everyone and especially thank you, Kelly!

I got mine today & put them in the business card case I found at Big Lots.
Thanks Kelly! Having done card swaps before I can imagine the work it took!
I'm planning on taking them to our show on Saturday!!!

Thanks Kelly, I got mine today.

I received mine today. Thanks a bunch!

It's interesting to see at a quick glance that there is a huge commonality of money and family between those who responded.

For some reason I thought it was interesting that about 1/3 of the cards (eyeballed, not counted) didn't put their address on their cards. What has the response been to this when handing them out? Any questions about where you live in proximity to the people getting your cards?

--Jenny L

got my cards today! thanks kelly your great! i really appreciate this...

how are you girls gonna show them at shows at stuff?

I got mine today, too! Thanks. :) I've got something to do now while I'm in bed recovering from my surgery! (that's put the cards in the cardholder. Nothing else....trust me! ;)

jlevernier said:
I received mine today. Thanks a bunch!

It's interesting to see at a quick glance that there is a huge commonality of money and family between those who responded.

For some reason I thought it was interesting that about 1/3 of the cards (eyeballed, not counted) didn't put their address on their cards. What has the response been to this when handing them out? Any questions about where you live in proximity to the people getting your cards?

--Jenny L

For me that is a combination of a safety/mental thing...

1. Even though they can probably go to the phonebook, it makes people make an effort if they want to track down my house/kids. They don't need to come see my house to be a PC customer.

2. I don't want people 45 minutes away think I'm "too far" to service them when I may actually work 1-2 miles away. Takes out those preconceived notions when they see an address. I've never had anyone yet ask where I live.

3. They can contact me through my website! :)

BTW, got my cards today!

I got mine today too!! They are awesome!!

Got mine today also. Thank you so much for all your hard work, Kelly, well worth the wait.
I also noticed the commonality in the reasons, and gotta love vista print :p

I can't wait to show these off at a party for my mom's group on Saturday, but was also wondering how others were going to use theirs.

YIPPPPEEEE

I got mine today. I haven't even opened them yet because I wanted to get on here to say

THANK YOU!!

BTW - on the no address on the business card.

I don't put it on mine for similiar reasons as Janet's... my main reason is Houston is a huge place and I don't want people to make judgements that I live to far from them to do a show.

I need to check my mail!

Got mine too!!! I am excited to sit down and read through them. Just glancing through them, it is really cool just to see how many different kinds of business cards there are!!! I was also wondering what people might be doing with these?? Are you just going to have them for possible recruits to look at, or have it in a book that everyone has access to???

I got mine today!! I even got one of my own back! LOL!!!

THANKS KELLY!!!!

I got mine today (well, yesterday now). Thank you so much! I sat and read through them with my dh and oldest dd. We, too, commented on the common factors so many of us share.

I'm on of the ones without an address listed. I couldn't think of a single reason someone who wasn't already a customer or host would need my address. As we already know, it's hard enough to get them to call us, so the chance of sommeone coming by the house to set up a show or order....well, highly unlikely!

This sounds NEAT, it ever it's done again I want to be included. Does seem like a lot of work though!! Only someone with a heart of GOLD would volunteer to coordinate such a HUGE TASK!!!

I don't have my address on them for the reason: I have more important things that I want on there!

My newest cards (just got them the other day from VistaPrint) look like this:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/livepreview-1.gif

There just isn't a reason to put my address on there. If they REALLY wanted my addy, they could look it up using my phone number or give me a call!

Kelly very cute!!!! I just ordered these:

Attachments

• Apron Business card.jpg
    Apron Business card.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 407
Thanks Kelly~got mine yesterday! I had to open them up right away & look through them.
Man, I noticed several from Vista; some cute ones! I think I may have to check them out....
Now, wasn't there a thread about some protective sheets to put them in?...

KellyTheChef said:
I don't have my address on them for the reason: I have more important things that I want on there!

My newest cards (just got them the other day from VistaPrint) look like this:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/livepreview-1.gif

There just isn't a reason to put my address on there. If they REALLY wanted my addy, they could look it up using my phone number or give me a call!

Kelly, that's a really cute card!

I also like the reason that there are more important things to put on a card than the address. I'm used to having an address on my card from my other business, so have always just had one. Never dawned on me not to.

--Jenny L

Got mine yesterday too! Thanks! I have mine in two business card albums. Plan to pass them around at shows.

I got mine today - THANKS!!

Kelly thank you so much for all the work that you put into this. I got my cards today and read some of them before heading into work tonight. Cann't wait to get home and read the rest.

Got my cards - thank you to everyone who went to the effort to participate in this. I can't wait to use them at my show Tuesday night!

Got mine too! Thanks!

Got mine too - thanks! I used them at last nights show. This was at a friends house with friends and family who have been to my show many times so I did not expect any recruits out of this and did not have the clear pages yet. I just tossed them all in a SA small square on the coffee table and those that wanted to read them got a kick out of them....they loved seeing all the cards from different places. This is great!

I got mine yesterday... My 3 year old wanted to see them, so I let her look through them. I walked out of the room for a few and when I came back in and found that she was interested in something else, so I picked them up and put them back in the envelope.

About 3 hours later, I went to my desk to get on here, of course, and found one of my business cards on the desk. I went to put it away and realized that something was stuck to it. It was sticker on the back and It was a card from the envelope that looked just like mine. She must have thought that one of mine got mixed in and put it on the desk for me. I thought it was cute !

Anyway, I did enjoy reading them, will show them around, and also will check out all the designs and websites listed for new ideas !!

Thanks for sharing the extra cards Kelly, That is how I got mine and I appreciate it ~!!!

I forgot to add.. What if I hadn't realized it and gave it out to a recruit lead and they signed under that person. Great for her, but I would have missed out:cry:

BTW, it was overseas so I guess the lead would have noticed, but what if they just went to her website and signed without talking to anyone:eek:

So what are are all of you going to do with these cards? How are you going to bring them up at a show?
I can't wait to get my cards, it sounds like I am going to have some reading to do. :)
Thnks Kelly
Rachel Durkee

I can't wait to get mine. It will take a little longer since I'm overseas.

I got mine today! Thanks so much.

I love the reasons why everyone has joined and stayed with PC. Very good!

pampered_rae said:
So what are are all of you going to do with these cards? How are you going to bring them up at a show?
I can't wait to get my cards, it sounds like I am going to have some reading to do. :)
Thnks Kelly
Rachel Durkee

Rachel,
By the way, it was your card that looks just like mine.... I almost put it in with mine, but realized it had something on the back. You never know what could have happened even though you are in Germany !!!!

I got mine, and they are SO GREAT! Thank you, Kelly, for taking on this project. And thanks to all of you who participated. It's really fun to go through them-- I think I've read them about five times! I was just wondering if we could figure out a way to use them in a game. Like giving one to each guest as they arrive, and having them put the consultant's name on their nametag or something. Then maybe telling out loud what the back of their card says? If anybody wants to run with this idea, feel free. I'm not sure quite yet how to make something that as fun as possible, but I'd love the guests to be able to interact with them, rather than just showing them in a book with no dialogue. Am I making sense? I'm all brained-out. :)

KimmyDarling said:
I was just wondering if we could figure out a way to use them in a game. Like giving one to each guest as they arrive, and having them put the consultant's name on their nametag or something. Then maybe telling out loud what the back of their card says? If anybody wants to run with this idea, feel free. I'm not sure quite yet how to make something that as fun as possible, but I'd love the guests to be able to interact with them, rather than just showing them in a book with no dialogue.

Am I making sense? I'm all brained-out. :)

Kimmy, Love your idea!

What if they got a kiss or coupon for each new reason that was read? What if they got something for the situation that is closest to their current one? What if they got something for recognizing the situation on the card in a friend or someone else they know? The premise would be whoever has the most "somethings" would get a small prize.

Hmmm, . . . . .

--Jenny L

Thank you Kelly again for you hard work and time to do this for us. I got 57 business cards, can't wait to share them with soon to be new consultants.

Kelly - I was just curious if you mailed mine yet as I have not received them. I do remember putting postage on it. Thanks!

I got the business cards today!! I haven't looked through them yet. Thanks so much Kelly!

Thanks Kelly for your hardwork!! I organized mine in a binder w/business card plastic holder sheets...I will bring them to my shows, and hope people get inspired...and join my team!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg