• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bsf Bible Study Slot Needed for Child!

In summary, Kelly is trying to find a bible study that she can join and is interested in learning more. She is encouraged by the fact that there are many local chapters and that the class she is interested in is very regimented.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

A while back, someone mentioned a really in depth bible study called BSF. Today was my first day, so I already had a babysitter lined up for this week only. After this, I need to bring him with me so he can attend the children's classes while I am in my class. I need prayer for two things please:

1. That there would be an opening for both me and my little guy. As of today, I don't think there is a slot available for Evan. They also mentioned that there were so many of us in the "newbie" class, that there may not be slots for all of the ladies! They will be calling us in the next week to let us know.

2. That once God provides a way so I can attend each week, that He would show me how/where/when to do my studies for the class. I really need to get to know my bible, and this class will help me do that! I have been a Christain for 7 years now, and I am ashamed to admit that I know VERY LITTLE other than the basics.

Thanks for your prayers!
:)
Kelly

Kelly, my DH did BSF and LOVED it. I will pray for you!

Kelly, I will definitely pray that God shows you the way to make this work and makes spots available for you both.

How did you find out about this program? I am interested in joining a bible study group.

I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted!

Kelly - I hope it works and you have the support you need. It is good to have that much hunger and demand for study!Let us know what you need us to hold you accountable to. :)

sfdavis918 said:
Kelly, I will definitely pray that God shows you the way to make this work and makes spots available for you both.

How did you find out about this program? I am interested in joining a bible study group.
Someone on here mentioned it to me, and the lady I sing with at church has been involved with this study for over 5 years. She has learned a TREMENDOUS amount.

Here is their website: Welcome to BSF
and then you can check out your local area to see if there is one that meets by you. Most offer a children's class for kids 2 and up as long as there is an open space for them! Once I found the one close to me, I contacted them through the website and someone from my local chapter called me to give me all of the info. This is a very regimented bible study that meets each week. They are an international group and EVERYONE is studying the same thing at the same time. Right now, they are on the study of the book of Matthew. There are "assignments" that you do each day, then you meet in a small (15 women max) discussion group, followed by a lecture that everyone attends. Let me tell you...even though I had not read the lesson for today, I learned a TON in the lecture! During the first part (where I would normally be in discussion) we had a "newbie" class that told us what was expected, and where we could sign up.

If this sounds like too much of a time committment, I would call some of your local churches to see if they have bible studies. I know our church used to have a women's study on Wed nights that was not as involved.

I prayed about how God could get me into His word daily, and then this was mentioned a few times to me. I think this is God's way of holding me "accountable" to someone to be spending time each day with Him! (Cuz the way it is now...it's not happening! :grumpy: )

I pray that God leads you in the path to a bible study that is perfect for you!

Thank you all for your prayers!

Janet- I need to be accountable to do my "homework" each day! Right now I am going to get off here and go read my notes that I was given today!

Thanks again everyone! I knew that there were many on here who would lift me up in prayer!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Kelly,

I will pray for you and Evan. This is my first year in BSF and I love it!

I'm guessing you'll get into a class. I think they tell us that we might not get in just in case. I didn't know that (that there might not be a place for me) when I went to the first class and was really worried that I would not get an assignment.

jzramom is in BSF right now too.

Thanks Jeanine, now that I look back, YOU were the one who pointed me in the direction of BSF...so a personal thank you to you!

Nice to know that there are a few others who will be studying the same thing as me!

Kelly - post your latest news so we can keep praying please...

Sorry...I didn't get a chance to update this thread!

Janet knew that I found out Friday that there was no opening in the children's part. I almost started crying on the phone on Friday when she called me to tell me that. I was upset, because I attended on Wednesday (found a sitter for Evan for that first day) and it is SOOOOOOOO what I need right now. I was crushed that God's answer for me to attend this class was a "not right now." But. I SERIOUSLY gave it over to Him. If His answer was "not right now" it's cuz HE KNOWS MORE THAN I DO about what may be coming up in my life or something.

I have continued to pray. I know others are praying too. My "second mom" called me this morning to check and see how things went on Wednesday and if I was going to be able to get Evan in the child rooms. So, I had to tell her no...but we were discussing other options...or how maybe now just isn't my time to do this.

http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs318.gif
Then, about an hour ago, the lady from BSF called me again to say she just got out of a meeting where she found out that there is ONE SLOT OPEN and she offered it to Evan!! Thank you Lord for answering my prayers and the prayers of so many others!

So, I wanted to share my praise news! And to ask you all to continue to lift me up in prayer. My time management is in the toilet. That includes my bible/prayer time, houshold things, and my business. It's been in the toilet for a long time now. God had been speaking to my heart for a long time now, and I KNOW without a doubt that once I am obedient to Him and spend time with Him and learning about Him each day, that all of the other pieces of my life will fall back into place.

Pray that He lights a fire under my behind to have a DESIRE to do this each day...and then the TIME and ABILITY to do it each day.

Thanks to all of you who have been praying about this.
I know that there are MUCH bigger problems out there that others are facing (even others right here on this board) but I do believe that there is a spiritual battle going on in my heart and that diving into The Word will give me the strength to do battle!

http://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gif

There are no "little" problems to God. He's much bigger than even the ones we consider the "biggest."

I'm glad all the pieces fell into place for you. Sometimes it's the very act of letting go (of our expectations, our wants, our desire to fix things ourselves) that allows God to step in and meet our needs.

Yippee! I am so glad you and Evan found a place at BSF. :)

My time management is nearly non-existent. One thing I've started telling myself (this has to do with exercise, home care, healthy eating & my PC business) "it's not about how you FEEL it's about what needs to get done". (Anyone who watches Joyce Meyer will recognize this mantra and it is so perfect for me.)

Enjoy BSF. Yes, you do have to make time to do your "homework" but I think you'll find that it's not as hard as you might think at first.

WHOHOO Kelly!!!! That news is AWESOME!!!!
You were obedient to turn it over and not dwell on it and God saw that and answered.

Yeah God!

I'm so excited for you!!!! :D

Thanks for all of the postive responses! I really DO believe that God stepped in and opened up that slot BECAUSE I let go and didn't dwell on it, or "pout" over it! I know He doesn't ALWAYS do that, so I am super thankful!

Welcome to the ranks of BSFStrap on your belt, your in for a great ride!

I have been involved with BSF for almost 9 yrs now. It is the most amazing tool God has used to draw me closer, cause me to trust Him more deeply, and watch how Godly women love and support eachother.

Sorry I missed your post earlier, we were out for 2wks camping on the Central Coast of CA. Would have loved to have prayed for you, but there were already others here and at your class, praying. I enjoyed reading through the series of posts b/c I already knew the outcome before getting to the Pooh Bear!

You didn't ask for advice but I am offering it anyway :angel:

The questions are set up for about a 20 minute time investment each day. It's amazing what you get in that short amount of time. Don't get overwhelmed with the notes. If you don't finish in the day alloted MOVE ON. Then go back if you can. If not, you have material for the summer break.

What happens is you will at some point miss a day or two - it happens to everyone. Don't start where you left off. Pick up the questions at the place you were suppose to be if you hadn't missed. Then as time permits go back and catch up. What you will find is that you will have a broader overview of the passage covered incase you never get all caught up. The you get to talk on the last day 's questions too:p

Expect and pray for the bizzare road blocks. Initially, I have seen it over and over again, flat tires, dead batteries, plumbing issues all on class day. Your kiddo will inevitably get sick on class day as well. Don't let it frustrate you! Pray and know God is soverign. Know your leader is praying for you EVERY DAY personally. Your childrens leaders are praying daily for each of their kids by name. Also, put everything you need for class in your car the night before. If I needed a lunch for my kids I made them up the night before and put it all in the car. Less to remember, less getting lost, less being late.

Hope I didn't come off as a know it all. I just wanted to share my experience. Now I need to get my rear off the computer and finish my own lesson for the morning:D

Keep us in the loop of how things are going! Expect great things!

Juliann

PS
Next year is the study of the life of Moses - my absolute favorite!

Related to Bsf Bible Study Slot Needed for Child!

What is a BSF Bible study slot?

A BSF Bible study slot refers to a designated time and place for a Bible study group to meet and discuss scripture. It is typically led by a facilitator and involves group discussions and activities.

Why is a BSF Bible study slot needed for a child?

A BSF Bible study slot provides a structured and age-appropriate environment for a child to learn about the Bible and grow in their faith. It also allows for social interaction with other children and encourages accountability and consistency in their study habits.

How can I find a BSF Bible study slot for my child?

You can find a BSF Bible study slot for your child by contacting your local BSF group or visiting their website. They will be able to provide you with information on available slots and how to register your child.

What age group is a BSF Bible study slot suitable for?

A BSF Bible study slot is suitable for children ages 3-18. There are different age-appropriate classes and materials for each age group, ensuring that your child is learning at their level.

Is there a cost for a BSF Bible study slot?

There is no cost for a BSF Bible study slot. However, there may be fees for materials and resources used in the study. Financial assistance is available for those who need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
raebates