• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Positive Momentum: A Bible Study on Complaining

I am grateful every day for the relationships I have. I'm grateful for my health, for the sun that shines down on me every day, and for the ability to choose to be kind and to take the time to be grateful.I second your thoughts exactly. I am blessed beyond measure with 4 healthy loving children, and a wonderful supportive DH of >22 years (I am still madly in love with).:love:I have a secure job :)To those already given, I'll add that I am healthy and able to do whatever I set out to do. There is nothing but myself keeping me from completing the tasks set before me today.James MacDonald is AWESOME!!!! His church is here in Chicagoland and I
PamperedCaniac
Ok, I am doing a Bible study every Thursday with a group of ladies called Lord change my attitude by James MacDonald and Barb Peil. One of the main things we talked about last week was "Complaining"!!!! Uh oh.... LOL

They define complaining - as a way to express dissatisfaction with a circumstance which is wrong and doing nothing about it yourself. Also we talked about how God hears our complaints (Number 11:1, Exodus 14:2, 15:24, 16:3, 17:3 and I could go on) and he does not like it because you are complaining about things God has allowed in our lives and that God's grace is sufficient! So I thought I would start a thread of "something good"! We are not perfect we are going to gripe or complain but I thought it would be great to give thanks, or just say something good that is going on in our lives! Like the post of people thanking Chef Becky!!

Ok I will start!
* I have 2 children, a husband and family that truly loves me for me!!:angel:

I feel blessed to live in an affluent part of the world. Even with the current economic stress, we are still better off than most of the world.
Our kids have easy access to education and (in most cases) healthcare. Women and girls are regarded as equal members of society (not chattel). OUr boys are not plucked from our homes to become child soldiers.
Even though we all are worried about the economy & security, we are so much better off than 90% of the world's people.

peichef said:
I feel blessed to live in an affluent part of the world. Even with the current economic stress, we are still better off than most of the world.
Our kids have easy access to education and (in most cases) healthcare. Women and girls are regarded as equal members of society (not chattel). OUr boys are not plucked from our homes to become child soldiers.
Even though we all are worried about the economy & security, we are so much better off than 90% of the world's people.

I second your thoughts exactly. I am blessed beyond measure with 4 healthy loving children, and a wonderful supportive DH of >22 years (I am still madly in love with).:love:

I have a secure job :)

To those already given, I'll add that I am healthy and able to do whatever I set out to do. There is nothing but myself keeping me from completing the tasks set before me today.

James MacDonald is AWESOME!!!! His church is here in Chicagoland and I attended a few months ago on a Sunday when he was preaching. It was incredible beyond words.Glad you are liking your study. I am trying to get one together with some friends--I'll have to look into that book.

I am thankful for Christian friends who follow God's leading and help me do the same.

I'm thankful for a church where the Gospel is preached and Jesus is is the main consideration in all decisions.

DebbieJ said:
James MacDonald is AWESOME!!!! His church is here in Chicagoland and I attended a few months ago on a Sunday when he was preaching. It was incredible beyond words.

Glad you are liking your study. I am trying to get one together with some friends--I'll have to look into that book.

This is a video and book based study group and we meet once a week for 10 weeks and I am loving it so far! I think you would love the class too and it really puts your "thoughts" in perspective! LOL I mean you never realize how much you complain and others too until you listen to yourself and others all day! LOL This week we will talk about Gratitude and that is a choice we make daily to show kindness received is valued and appreciated! Off to get ready now! Have a great day!

So thank you cheffers for all the fabulous ideas giving to me the past few months!! LOL :chef:

I'm blessed today with a wonderful, faithful, loving husband, and our incredible gift from God - our son. I love my life, and am amazed every day at the grace and goodness of God.

I have wonderful friends. Many of those are close enough to hug and to have lunch with. Many of them live miles and miles away and are only accessible most of the time through my computer. Both groups mean the world to me and are blessings in my life.

1. What exactly is "Finding Positive Momentum"?

"Finding Positive Momentum" is a Bible study focused on the issue of complaining. It explores the negative effects of complaining and provides practical tips and biblical guidance on how to shift our mindset to a more positive and grateful one.

2. Who is this Bible study for?

This Bible study is for anyone who struggles with complaining or negativity in their life. It is suitable for individuals, small groups, or church groups looking to deepen their understanding of biblical teachings on gratitude and contentment.

3. What makes this Bible study different from others on the same topic?

"Finding Positive Momentum" combines biblical teachings with practical exercises and reflection questions to help readers apply the lessons to their own lives. It also includes real-life examples and personal stories to make the material relatable and engaging.

4. How long does the Bible study take to complete?

The study is designed to be completed in 6 weeks, with each week focusing on a different aspect of complaining. However, the study can also be adapted to fit a shorter or longer timeframe depending on the needs of the group or individual.

5. Do I need any additional materials or resources for this Bible study?

No, all the necessary materials are included in the study guide. However, participants may find it helpful to have a Bible, journal, and pen for taking notes and completing the reflection questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lesliec
  • General Chat