• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage

In summary, Nicole's mom had a bad few days with lots of medical issues, culminating in a cast and surgery on her right leg. Nicole is staying positive and is looking to get through it all with her mum's support.
nikked
Gold Member
That's my new motto...BRING IT ON!

DH left for Iraq on Sunday. We miss him terribly, but he has "landed" in country and is getting settled in. Hope to talk with him tonight or tomorrow.

Now for the fun stuff...

Sunday afternoon, my 2 1/2 year old had the stomach bug, which my mom then got on Monday...which triggered her Lupus, so we spent 6 hours in the ER on Tuesday getting her morphine, steroids, and various insundrious (sp?) other medications to bring her out of it.

A friend of mine (who has watched the kiddos before without incident) watched the three girls yesterday. And, unbeknownst to me, had my 2 1/2 year old on her trampoline, unsupervised, with two 9 year old boys. Needless to say, things did not turn out well...

After almost 5 hours at the doctor today, she now has a cast from her thigh to her foot on her right leg. She didn't necessarily break anything, but she separated her growth plate in her foot, and it has to be imbolized for three weeks.

Ugh! To top it all off, I had the stomach bug last night, while trying to deal with a little girl in a lot of pain.

So, to all of this, I say...

BRING IT ON!!!

There ain't nothing we can't handle, and now mom is staying a little bit longer...YEAH!

Thanks for putting up with me, and for your continued prayers and thoughts!

Nicole! What a lousy chain of events. I admire your determination!
Hope everything else turns out better! You deserve it!

What a great attitude you have! You go girl!!

I say "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

you are a brave and STRONG woman - I would've lost it already

I'm proud of your determination. Keep it up.

While I would be crying feeling badly for myself you are taking it in stride- what a great role model for your children!!

Wow! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You must be Superwoman by now.

Hang in there Nicole. I'll be praying for you.

Hang in there.............It's going to get better:)

You GO GIRL!!

geez!! I hope it gets better!!! on a side note how long has your mom had lupus? a friend of mine was diagnosed in 1996. she is 25 now. just curious....I really do hope everything gets better!!

You are one tough cookie:)

OMG! I admire your can do spirit! It sound like you have chosen to be all that you can be...a fighter & a strong woman. That will help you in the months ahead while DH is in Iraq. It is so important now so that he doesn't have additional worries at home to distract him while he's there.

And, you know if the going gets tough(er) you always have your fellow cheffers here!

Best of luck with all this Nikki. I KNOW that I would not be positive like you are being!

You have the right attitiude! Keep it up! You and your family are in our thoughts.

jenniferlynne said:
What a great attitude you have! You go girl!!

I say "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

Thanks, I love that saying! Reminds of something said in the movie "Rob Roy", which is one of our favorites!

chef 2 four said:
geez!! I hope it gets better!!! on a side note how long has your mom had lupus? a friend of mine was diagnosed in 1996. she is 25 now. just curious....I really do hope everything gets better!!

My mom was diagnosed in 1982. She's had good years, and bad. Lately, it's been better, but she's had some other weird medical things happening that have weakened her immune system.

chef endora said:
...And, you know if the going gets tough(er) you always have your fellow cheffers here!

That's one of the reasons I love this site (other than the great information shared). It's a real "community", and I feel like I can share without offending, getting political, or being called a "whiner".

THANKS EVERYONE!

1. What is "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" about?

"Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" is a heartwarming story about a young woman named Sarah who overcomes obstacles and finds inner strength and courage through her passion for cooking.

2. Is "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" based on a true story?

Yes, "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" is based on the true story of a Pampered Chef consultant who used her love for cooking to inspire and empower herself and others.

3. How does "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" relate to Pampered Chef?

"Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" showcases the power of cooking and how it can bring people together and create positive change in one's life, which aligns with Pampered Chef's mission to bring people together through the joy of cooking.

4. Can I purchase "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or through your local Pampered Chef consultant.

5. What age range is "Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" suitable for?

"Bring it On": A Tale of Strength and Courage" is suitable for all ages, but may be particularly inspiring for young adults and adults who are looking for motivation and strength in their own lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates