• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth at a Community "Yard" Sale

In summary, the cost of doing a booth at a community yard sale is only $25, and last year there were consultants from a couple of direct sales companies there. There are many different ways of doing a booth, and it can be helpful to read through other threads in this section before deciding what to do.
nene960
I have signed up to do a booth at a community yard sale at our local minor league baseball park. The cost was only $25 so I couldn't pass it up. I went to this event last year and there were consultants from a couple of other direct sales companies there. Here are my questions.....What products should I set up in my booth? Should i have c&c items? If so which ones? I will have to take my own tables so how many should I take? I have done a couple of booths before but they were for bigger events. This yard sale thing is new to me. I would appreciate any help!

There are many different ways of handling how you do a booth. You might want to read through other threads in this section. Because it's a yard sale, people might be looking for a bargain, so if you do cash and carry, I'd buy things from the outlet and sell those. You could promote all the free things you get when you host and do a drawing for a free show.When I've done fair booths, I liked having either 2 tables set up in an upside down L shape, so people see what you have and walk down through it, or have it an upside down U shape. You can stand in front of your booth and have free recipe cards to hand out to everyone, you can put labels on them with your info.The last booth I did, though, felt completely awkward. Standing out in front of my booth, I felt like I was scaring people away. In that setting I felt like maybe I should've had eye catching things on a front table and me behind it with another table on the side that I could direct people to to show them more, or keep my old catalogs, minis, and recipe cards on. I'd hold the recipe cards (or have them handy) to give out to people.Another idea I had was to maybe demo things like the A/P/C/S and the Food chopper and the mandoline. People might come by if they see you doing something.Just some ideas. There are tons more out there. :)

Thanks for the input. Just one more question.....When you do c&c do you make the order through a personal order? I have never done c&c before.

I've never done c&c before. I have a booth on the 17th and they want me to have it. I'm torn on how to do this and how much to spend. I'm in debt w/ PC right now, so I really can't do this, but I can see why they think I need to have it. There's a lot of people who come from all over the country to this event and the women who come like to shop. I'm trying to figure out what to do. The policies guide makes it sound like it needs to be a personal order, but others have said to put it in on a show order. That way you make commission on it and it counts towards your sales. Large items I won't buy for c&c because then people won't have the guarantee along w/ it. But consumable products and mini spatulas and quick cut paring knives and maybe a mix n chop and kernel cutter or something. Also, others have recommended buying stuff from the outlet, because those don't come w/ a guarantee anyway.I'd love to hear more feedback from others on this topic myself! :D

Hi there! Congratulations on signing up for the community yard sale at the local minor league baseball park. It sounds like a great opportunity to showcase your Pampered Chef products. In terms of what products to set up in your booth, I would suggest choosing a variety of items that are popular and versatile. This could include kitchen tools, cookware, and even some ready-made mixes or sauces. As for c&c items, it's always a good idea to have a few on hand for customers who are looking for quick and easy meal solutions. Some popular c&c items from Pampered Chef include the Quick Cooker, Microwave Popcorn Maker, and Veggie Spiralizer. As for tables, I would recommend bringing a few, depending on the size of your booth. It's always better to have more space than not enough. I hope this helps and best of luck at the yard sale!

1. What is a "Booth at a Community "Yard" Sale"?

A "Booth at a Community "Yard" Sale" is a designated area at a community yard sale where vendors can set up and sell their products or services. It is a great opportunity for small businesses, like Pampered Chef, to showcase and sell their products to a larger audience.

2. How can I reserve a booth at a community yard sale?

You can usually reserve a booth at a community yard sale by contacting the event organizer or checking their website for registration information. Some events may require a fee to reserve a booth, so be sure to inquire about any costs involved.

3. What types of products can I sell at a community yard sale booth?

You can sell a variety of products at a community yard sale booth, but it is important to check with the event organizer to ensure that your products are allowed. Typically, items such as handmade crafts, baked goods, and direct sales products, like Pampered Chef, are popular at these types of events.

4. How do I attract customers to my booth at a community yard sale?

To attract customers to your booth, it is important to have eye-catching displays and signage. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice potential customers. Additionally, promoting your participation at the event on social media can help attract more people to your booth.

5. Can I make sales at a community yard sale booth?

Yes, you can make sales at a community yard sale booth. However, it is important to check with the event organizer to see if they have any specific rules or regulations about sales and transactions. Some events may require vendors to have a business license or collect sales tax.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MeredithG
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MeredithG
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • chefloretta