• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Confidence with Lynn Conway's Workshop Notes

In summary, Lynn Conway's work shop was a great refresher for things that I knew and hadn't thought about for a while. She had a bad day though, and her timing was off or something. I also felt like she was really trying to sell her products instead of give a workshop. However, the content was good and I learned things that will help me in my business and in my life.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
Here are my notes for Lynn Conways work shop I love this one!!! I will be posting the other two soon!!

Attachments

• Contact with Confidence workshop.doc
    26 KB · Views: 504
Great thanks for sharing Leah! I took the class too and haven't gone over my notes yet!

I wasn't really a big fan of this class. It really didn't do much for me and was my least favorite of any class.

thank-you for sharing. I am GOING to conference next year!!!

She has a chart of 100 no's. However, she looks at it differently. When you reach every 7th no, reward yourself. It will help you go through your 100 no's easier.

One more thing...she had a phrase, "contact without follow-up is like....." So I thought - it's like putting microwave popcorn in the microwave and not pressing the "popcorn" button.

Just some aha moments.

yummybytes said:
I wasn't really a big fan of this class. It really didn't do much for me and was my least favorite of any class.
Me too. It was a refresher for things that I knew and hadn't thought about for a while. I think that Lyn was having a bad day though. I was in the first workshop and she just didn't seem to have it together all that great, her timing was off or something. It was an okay class, just not as great as others. I also felt like she was really trying to sell her products instead of give a workshop. JMHO.

For me this was a class that I decided to take at the last min..... I was going to take recurting from maybe to yes..... When I took the second day... she seemed like she had it together... but she remind me of things that I haven't thought about in a while or not at all!!! But the reason that I loved what I learned is because they are things that not only apply in the world of Pampered Chef but in my personal life, my day job... etc.......

luvs2cook said:
She has a chart of 100 no's. However, she looks at it differently. When you reach every 7th no, reward yourself. It will help you go through your 100 no's easier.

One more thing...she had a phrase, "contact without follow-up is like....." So I thought - it's like putting microwave popcorn in the microwave and not pressing the "popcorn" button.

Just some aha moments.
Oh my gosh! That is so funny because around 10:00 PM tonight, I went to pop some popcorn in the micro, and when I opened the door to put the popcorn in, I found lunch from around 3 or 4 PM this afternoon. Ha! So...Contact w/o follow up is like warming leftovers for lunch in the microwave and finding them in there 5 or 6 hours later!

thanks for the laugh!!!

She was great. I felt like I got lots of stuff that will help me in my business and in life in general.

I took her the first class of Wave 1 and had mixed feelings about it. I found the content good but the presentation just ok. I did end up going by her booth and getting some CDs but I am a CD addict (I haven't started recovery yet). I have listened to a couple of them but I did have a 20 hour drive home and still feel her presentation could be better but I have gotten some reminders on things I need to do consistently in my business.

in all honstey I really prefer Balinda..... BUT I also learned somethings from Lyn too....

Thanks Leah! Do you mind if I share your notes with my cluster (under your name of course)?

I find it so interesting how peoples opinions can differ.

For me I found this class eyeopening and empowering I considder it the best of all the classes I took. Also I think it set me up for a great conference. I will use many things I learned in my everyday life.

I was a bit dissapointed in my recruiting from maybee to yes and my high impact host coaching. They were good and I took lots of notes but just not what I was looking for. Maybee I was expecting too much?

chef_kimmo said:
I took her the first class of Wave 1 and had mixed feelings about it. I found the content good but the presentation just ok. I did end up going by her booth and getting some CDs but I am a CD addict (I haven't started recovery yet). I have listened to a couple of them but I did have a 20 hour drive home and still feel her presentation could be better but I have gotten some reminders on things I need to do consistently in my business.

One of my clustermates was in her first session at Wave 1 and said she wasn't all that impressed either... felt like the presentation was rushed, jokes weren't landing, everything was a bit out of sync, yadda yadda yadda. But, I was in there the second day and she seemed to have found her groove. Not much new information, but it was what I needed to be reminded about at the time.

chefjwr said:
Thanks Leah! Do you mind if I share your notes with my cluster (under your name of course)?

Nope not at all!!!

I took this workshop on day 1 and loved it. Yes, it was a little rushed, but so was every workshop I took. I frantically took notes. We have to remember that she tried to put a 2 hour session in to 1 hour. So, it was condensed. This was by far the best workshop I was in. There was a lot of info that I already knew, but I wasn't using it. Now I am kind of charged up. Since Monday I have spent most of my time working the restaurant, but I have also picked up 4 new customers - 2 are potential hosts and 1 is a potential recruit.

When this class started (I took it 3rd day of Wave 1) I was a bit put off by her presentation. Sort of a breathy voice, and not a lot of animation or excitement. But my mindset was "Hey - she must have something to teach me ~ she has been successful for years!" So I started taking notes. I came away with alot of good ideas and things to think about considering my own mindset when making phone calls and meeting new people. I love her whole "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!" approach - and thought it tied in so well with the 3-2-1 "theme" of the conference.
Although some of the other workshops I had were more exciting - This one had the most solid info. It's Lyn Conway's words that I keep repeating to myself as I am making phone calls and staying motivated w/ my business.

chef_kimmo said:
I took her the first class of Wave 1 and had mixed feelings about it. I found the content good but the presentation just ok.

That is EXACTLY how I felt! Back in Feb at our Regional Training, Julie Wiess (may have spelled her last name wrong) spoke and KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF!!! That is what I was expecting from Lynn and never got it.

I did come away with a few good ideas, though, so it was worth my time. I think I just had VERY HIGH expectations for her that were not met. I did NOT buy any of her CD's.

Did any of you have a chance to talk with her one-on-one? I purchased her cd set The Language of Success. When I went to pick it up, I was the only customer at the booth. (I noticed a huge crowd later, so my timing was great!) She's a sweet woman who gave me a big hug and signed my cd cover.While a bit of her information was a review/reminder, but that never hurts. There were several "aha!" moments for me. Sometimes it was just a new perspective on an old idea, but that didn't make it any less profound.Again, I was in her first workshop of Wave 2. Her presentation style worked for me, but it may have been different on that day than it was when you attended. I know she apparently changed her way of doing the angel/devil demonstration from when Ann took it in Wave 1.

I was just about to post about that, Rae. I think we on Day 1, Wave 1 overwhelmed her with how, um... enthusiastic we were in the small group exercises. She had a lot of trouble controlling the group. Heck, at one point she compared us to the noisy geese in her yard! SO that may have thrown her presentation off a little.

I got her "I want it all" package at the booth, and have listened to the "Makeup Optional" CD- great "car" material for on the way to a show. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of the things we've heard before, or to hear them phrased differently.

I don't know what it was about conference this year (maybe the fact that I actually had someone from my team there with me), but I finally realized that I can do this, and Directorship isn't a stupid pipe dream for me.

Here are my notes:

Contact with Confidence
Lyn Conway
Pampered Chef National Conference 2007

The secret to a successful business is enough—enough sales, enough recruits, enough time, enough . . . whatever. And, I’m the one who defines enough.

Introduce yourself, not your services. Build a relationship so you can determine their needs.

Shut off the bad angel. Every time you try something new, you will have a good angel on one shoulder cheering you on and a bad angel on the other telling you all the reasons you’re going to fail. Smack that bad angel down and refuse to listen to him.

It’s okay to feel fear. Just don’t act on it. You don’t have to be brave to act brave. Behave like your best self until you become it.

Never assume people will initiate contact. Nine times out of ten the other person will be shyer than you.

Pay attention to details—accent, logo clothing, cute haircut, distinctive jewelry, etc. This will give you a way to start a conversation. Once you’ve established contact, ask good questions. They should be open-ended. If they seem open to more conversation, explore. This may be a new friend, a new customer, or a new recruit.

It’s not about maneuvering the conversation. Don’t be in a rush to get to the PC stuff.

Develop a poker face to deal with rude people or negative reactions.

Talk to yourself on tape, voice mail, in the mirror, etc. Gauge your voice and expression.

Circulate and cultivate! If you always go where you’ve always gone, you’ll always see the same people.

Go in. We can do most of our business from our cars, but that doesn’t really offer the best opportunity to connect with others. Chicken? Dare yourself.

Become a friend-finding magnet. Work the room looking for people to connect with. Again, don’t make it all about PC. If you build relationships, the customers will be a natural consequence.

raebates said:
Here are my notes:

Contact with Confidence
Lyn Conway
Pampered Chef National Conference 2007

The secret to a successful business is enough—enough sales, enough recruits, enough time, enough . . . whatever. And, I’m the one who defines enough.

Introduce yourself, not your services. Build a relationship so you can determine their needs.

Shut off the bad angel. Every time you try something new, you will have a good angel on one shoulder cheering you on and a bad angel on the other telling you all the reasons you’re going to fail. Smack that bad angel down and refuse to listen to him.

It’s okay to feel fear. Just don’t act on it. You don’t have to be brave to act brave. Behave like your best self until you become it.

Never assume people will initiate contact. Nine times out of ten the other person will be shyer than you.

Pay attention to details—accent, logo clothing, cute haircut, distinctive jewelry, etc. This will give you a way to start a conversation. Once you’ve established contact, ask good questions. They should be open-ended. If they seem open to more conversation, explore. This may be a new friend, a new customer, or a new recruit.

It’s not about maneuvering the conversation. Don’t be in a rush to get to the PC stuff.

Develop a poker face to deal with rude people or negative reactions.

Talk to yourself on tape, voice mail, in the mirror, etc. Gauge your voice and expression.

Circulate and cultivate! If you always go where you’ve always gone, you’ll always see the same people.

Go in. We can do most of our business from our cars, but that doesn’t really offer the best opportunity to connect with others. Chicken? Dare yourself.

Become a friend-finding magnet. Work the room looking for people to connect with. Again, don’t make it all about PC. If you build relationships, the customers will be a natural consequence.

Nice and concise Rae! The lines I highlighted are the ones that have really stuck with me!
There were a couple other things she said - One thing was that most people who are going to respond with "yes" will do it on the 5th-10th contact. I was really struck with this, and how many times I have heard people say "Three strikes and they are out." Think how many bookings, leads, etc....have been lost because of that rule!
The other thing just slipped my mind!:rolleyes: I'm gonna have to go check my notes!

I purchased the "Language of Success" CDs. I spoke to her on the first morning and she was so sweet. I was in her workshop that afternoon. I had planned to sit up front, but they wouldn't let people in and we had to stand in a long line and by the time I got in there...no seats in the front. I sat about mid way back.

I bought the CD set on the last day. I spoke with her son. I asked him several questions and he was very informative. They were very personable. One thing he told me was that not only could we download workbooks to the CDs that we were free to copy the CDs for our downline or fellow consultants. I had thought about that, but consider it to be a copyright problem, but he said it was okay. So, I have made 2 copies for my downline and downloaded the workbooks to make them a disk.

I love Lyn (I've seen here before at NC) and she was my best class at Wave 3. I was wondering if she was having problems with her voice because I found her to be breathy this time and I don't remember that from before.

If you get her CDs, I think you'll find MUCH valuable information.

I got the ...Contact with confidence CDs as it was all I could afford. It was an exact duplicate of the info she gave in the semminar done while on a teleclass. I have to admit that she is not the most dynamic speaker I have ever heard but like everyone else, there were the "a ha" moments.
I am going to try to get out to the website though as I am sure there is more info there plus all the paperwork should be out there as well. The worksheets we used in the seminar are out there. I need blanks as well as I know I am going to be asked about it at our next cluster meeting.

I always look at my seminars like this...
I take what, 5. If I only get one new idea out of each, I have 5 new paths to look at. And personally, that's enough for one year.

PS Leah, thanks for the type up. I just haven't had time and this will greatly help.
You are too cool my dear!

pampered1224 said:
Contact with confidence CDs as it was all I could afford. It was an exact duplicate of the info she gave in the semminar done while on a teleclass. I have to admit that she is not the most dynamic speaker I have ever heard but like everyone else, there were the "a ha" moments.
I am going to try to get out to the website though as I am sure there is more info there plus all the paperwork should be out there as well. The worksheets we used in the seminar are out there. I need blanks as well as I know I am going to be asked about it at our next cluster meeting.

I always look at my seminars like this...
I take what, 5. If I only get one new idea out of each, I have 5 new paths to look at. And personally, that's enough for one year.

PS Leah, thanks for the type up. I just haven't had time and this will greatly help.
You are too cool my dear!

John,

I honstly try.... I have my notes posted for Sell the Dream too... but I haven't goten the last two posted yet... I am working on it:rolleyes: stupid homework got in my way LMAO!!!!! :eek: :D :p

yummybytes said:

DITTO Jenn! I dislike it when adults talk to other adults like theie kindergarteners ~

Ginny

pamperedlinda said:
Me too. It was a refresher for things that I knew and hadn't thought about for a while. I think that Lyn was having a bad day though. I was in the first workshop and she just didn't seem to have it together all that great, her timing was off or something. It was an okay class, just not as great as others. I also felt like she was really trying to sell her products instead of give a workshop. JMHO.

Hit that one on the nose Linda! Sell this, buy this...I had her on the second day ~ same thing, no different than yours. I would have left, but Doreen Grass was sitting behind me...but then later I thought ~ "dang, Gin, you SHOULD have left with Doreen behind you!"

My evaluation said it all...

Ginny

etteluap70PC said:
I find it so interesting how peoples opinions can differ.
Maybe I was expecting too much?

So true Paulette! I think it also depends if this was your 1st or 10th conference too...I remember at my 1st conference, everything seem to be WOW...since I hadn't heard any of it. I was just expecting a lot more. I'll take Belinda anytime...and her stuff really doesn't change that much. Her energy and humor make it!

Ginny

pamperedlinda said:

I dont think it was you... I was wave two so she had plenty of time to get the kinks out and I DEFINITELY felt the same way as what you indicate above. Especially the bold parts.

Kitchen2u said:
Hit that one on the nose Linda! Sell this, buy this...I had her on the second day ~ same thing, no different than yours. I would have left, but Doreen Grass was sitting behind me...but then later I thought ~ "dang, Gin, you SHOULD have left with Doreen behind you!"

My evaluation said it all...

Ginny

I think this was my least favorite workshop as well especially because of the selling her CD's at the end (the last 15 minutes to be exact!) This totally turned me off. While I know everyone needs reminders every so often I felt that, that was I all i gained from this workshop.
I guess I was just so looking forward to it, maybe I expected to much?

But the girl behind me said she loved my hair!:D That me happy!:p

hmmm... I don't remember her hawking her CD's in the session I was in. Not like the speaker at my Exec Banquet, whose name escapes me. Before she even approached the podium, people were passing out order forms and there was a table set up at the back of the room loaded with product. It felt a little mercenary.

Ilene Meckley was at my Executive Banquet and she had a table at the back of the room.

Ann, where you there??? I'm in Randy Weiss' cluster.

OMG! That's whose group I'm in! I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was.... I was a little annoyed that we had to have something serious at the banquet.I was at the pool party table. Which one were you at? Do you know if they'll be compiling the theme party ideas and distributing them?

Ann,
I was at the "Desperate Housewives" table. Nobody would listen to what other people had to say. It's funny because I just did a Desperate Housewife theme show prior to going to conference.

I hope they do compile and distribute the list.

Are you on the Weiss Cluster Top 100 Recruiting Yahoo group??? I think Randy really wants her cluster to step up to the plate and earn that awesome promotion!!!

No -the sheet never got around to my table. Actually, I rarely hear anything from Randy. Communication in my extended group (under my SD) is often a little, um... quirky.Ironically, my recruiter, who moved out of state right after signing me, ended up in MO and attended Randy's meetings. But she ended up signing with another company and dropping PC.

Do you want the information regarding the Yahoo group?? If so, email me privately at [email protected].

Thanks..

I really enjoyed Lyn Conway, much better than Belinda, if only because Belinda talks to fast!

Related to Boost Your Confidence with Lynn Conway's Workshop Notes

1. What is Lynn Conway's workshop about?

Lynn Conway's workshop is about boosting confidence and self-esteem through self-reflection and self-empowerment techniques.

2. Who is Lynn Conway?

Lynn Conway is a renowned motivational speaker and life coach who has helped numerous individuals overcome their fears and insecurities, and build a strong sense of self-confidence.

3. Are the notes for Lynn Conway's workshop available online?

Yes, the notes for Lynn Conway's workshop are available online for anyone to access and utilize for personal growth and development.

4. How can I use these workshop notes to boost my confidence?

These workshop notes provide valuable insights and practical exercises that can help you identify and overcome your limiting beliefs, as well as build a positive mindset and self-image.

5. Are there any additional resources or tools recommended by Lynn Conway for boosting confidence?

Yes, Lynn Conway recommends a variety of self-help books, online courses, and support groups that can further enhance the effectiveness of her workshop notes in boosting confidence and self-esteem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies
Views
LoisCuller
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine