• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation: Start Your Day with a Positive Note

In summary, the author loves the Bare Minerals makeup and recommends it to others. They also recommend the Smashbox primer for people with sensitive skin.
DebPC
Staff member
Lyn Conways Daily MotivationI get her email every day with a motivational quote. She does promote her workshops at the bottom of the email, but it's worth it just to get the quotes. Usually there first thing in the morning to get me going on a positive note.
Do a search for her website and I'm sure you can sign up there.

So often her sayings are RIGHT on the money for where I am that day! I also encourage anyone who isn't getting them to sign up. They are always short and meaningful.

Okay, I can't find her website...can you post it?

Thanks so much!

I love the Bare Minerals Make up. I use the 3 powder system for my base. I have very oily skin and this is the best most natural looking makeup I've ever used! It covers up my large pores and blends terrific. I would never go back to the liquid cover up base I used before.

I tried the trial set and liked it, but the colors were hard to figure out. Any tips?

I love the bare minerals makeup too, I didn't buy mine my friend bought hers and didn't like all the effort she had to put into it. I like it because I thought it was easier then the other stuff I used to use. I don't have tips for the colors though I just use the light kind of any thing.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bare Minerals. I have never enjoyed putting on make up, always doing just the bare minimum so as to not scare small children :) My sister discovered Bare Minerals so I gave it a shot. I absolutely love the ease of it and how I look when wearing it.

Bought off an infomercial and did the "membership" for a while but it shipped faster than I could use it up. So I canceled and now just purchase when I need it.

I tried the Bare Mineral make-up, but didn't really like the way it looked on me. I then tried Sheer Cover and loved it. I still use some of it. But my base is a new mineral make-up from Melaleuca. I love it.

I was not surprised to see other companies coming out with mineral make-up. Avon and even several brands at WalMart now have mineral make-up.

When I first looked into it my daughter had read reviews and she told me most people that didn't like it were putting on too much. They were applying it like normal powder. So I always remember to tap the brush into the cover before I apply. I bought my starter kit at Sephora and they tested some base on my skin to see which kit color I'd need. It was medium. It came with Medium and Medium Beige- I use one in winter and one in summer- the colors are perfect on my skin. I just have to be careful to use only a little bit of the warmth though. Otherwise I look like I have a fever. Still its the easiest and best looking make up I've ever used.

I too LOVE bare Minerals. I decided to splurge and order the startup set. And have not used anything since. I do not use it up as quick as they ship it either but they do have an option to change your ship date. I have done that and works so much better.

I also use Bare Minerals and love it !
I actually heard about it on CS and ordered the free trial kit and have been hooked ever since.

i like bare minerals, but my favorite brand of makeup is Smashbox (hence my screen name)

Never heard of Smashbox...tell me more!

Where do you buy Bare Minerals. Is this good for sensitive, prone to break out skin?

cmdtrgd said:
Never heard of Smashbox...tell me more!
Ooooh Smashbox. Ok. I have VERY sensitive skin and this is the only stuff I can use without it aggravating it. Also,prior to smashbox, half way through the day I would somehow "lose" my makeup on my face. It would just disappear. Smashbox has this primer that I use before the photofinish foundation and my skin not only looks FLAWLESS, but it is really smooth too!You should check it out. http://www.smashbox.combtw, I am a cosmetologist and worked in the finest salons, and this is by far the most superior cosmetic line. Some people swear by Bare Mineral or Bare Escentuals but I feel like my make up looks flaky with those lines. This is just MY opinion! :D

smashie said:
Ooooh Smashbox. Ok. I have VERY sensitive skin and this is the only stuff I can use without it aggravating it. Also,prior to smashbox, half way through the day I would somehow "lose" my makeup on my face. It would just disappear. Smashbox has this primer that I use before the photofinish foundation and my skin not only looks FLAWLESS, but it is really smooth too!

You should check it out. http://www.smashbox.com

btw, I am a cosmetologist and worked in the finest salons, and this is by far the most superior cosmetic line. Some people swear by Bare Mineral or Bare Escentuals but I feel like my make up looks flaky with those lines.

This is just MY opinion! :D

Hey- I am licensed too. I just don't practice. I needed a regular income that I could count on. But I keep up my license. I worked to hard to give it up. This sounds like exactly what I might need. Sometimes my skin is oily and sometimes it is dry. I never know what to use to make it right.

chefkristin said:
Hey- I am licensed too. I just don't practice. I needed a regular income that I could count on. But I keep up my license. I worked to hard to give it up. This sounds like exactly what I might need. Sometimes my skin is oily and sometimes it is dry. I never know what to use to make it right.

ME TOO!!! I had to quit about 3 years ago (medical reasons), but I miss it.

My skin is the same exact way. I am in my oily faze right now, and it's driving me crazy.

I seriously recommend Smashbox. I think you'll be happy. If you go to Ulta or Sephora they usually have a Starter Kit that is pretty cheap. It's normally about 45-60 dollars depending on what is in the kit at the time.

Here is a link to Ulta's specials. I think they also ship for free. http://ulta.shoplocal.com/ulta/Default.aspx?action=detail&storeid=2396256&rapid=0&listingid=-2092685454&offerid=

reba515 said:
I also use Bare Minerals and love it !
I actually heard about it on CS and ordered the free trial kit and have been hooked ever since.

correction mine is called Everyday Minerals.

I tried Avon's mineral makeup and didn't like the way it looked on me...very blochy.

Is there a place I can go to actually TRY the BareMinerals or Smashbox before I buy them? I have oily/dry skin and larger pores on my nose that drive me crazy! I would love something that looks natural and covers up those pores!

Kelly, you can totally check them out at Sephora or Ulta before you buy. It's the best way to go!

1. What is "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation"?

"Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" is a series of daily positive messages and affirmations created by renowned motivational speaker and author Lyn Conway. These messages are designed to help you start your day with a positive mindset and empower you to achieve your goals.

2. How can "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" benefit me?

Starting your day with a positive note can have a significant impact on your overall well-being and productivity. "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" provides uplifting and inspiring messages that can help you stay motivated, focused, and confident throughout the day.

3. How can I access "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation"?

You can access "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" through our website or by subscribing to our daily email list. You can also follow us on social media for daily updates and reminders.

4. Are there different themes or topics for "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" messages?

Yes, each day's message from "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" focuses on a specific theme or topic, such as self-love, gratitude, productivity, or personal growth. This variety ensures that you receive a well-rounded dose of motivation and inspiration.

5. Can I share "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" with others?

Absolutely! We encourage you to share the positive messages and affirmations from "Lyn Conways's Daily Motivation" with your friends and family. You can also gift a subscription to someone who may benefit from daily motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies