• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with Attendance Rewards: Tips from Cluster Meeting

In summary, at Patsy McGovern's cluster meeting, the first, she had a great suggestion to reward the hostess for attendance because HO is just rewarding them for sales, but that we need attendance for bookings. What would be a good number? Should I say if you have 15 people I will give you the hot selling 29 Minute cookbook? Or some other reward? I need to call my hostess but wanted to get input here firstinteresting thought! My creative juices are swirling :D
ButterflyVioletta
At my cluster meeting, the first, Patsy McGovern had a great suggestion to reward the hostess for ATTENDANCE because HO is just rewarding them for sales, but that we need attendance for bookings. What would be a good number? Should I say if you have 15 people I will give you the hot selling 29 Minute cookbook? Or some other reward? I need to call my hostess but wanted to get input here first

interesting thought! My creative juices are swirling :D

$1 off the host's order for each person there
free cookbook (not a SBRC, one of the larger ones)
RUFTH trivet
2 seasonings or 1 sauce

I like the dollar off per person, but I might add per adult.

I like these ideas! And if it's an item, I have to remember to add it to the host's order so it doesn't cost so much. Ok, so how many should I ask the host to have? 10? 15?I know there are additional opinions out there....

Crystal Patton said:
I like the dollar off per person, but I might add per adult.

or $1 off for each actual guest's order.

Kelly V

I like that idea, especially since I need to increase attendance at shows. I printed up a page that says:

Introducing...
The Attendance Challenge!

For every adult guest in attendance
at your party, I will give you
an additional $1.00 in free products

This special offer is presented by me personally,
and is IN ADDITION to the free merchandise you
earn from Pampered Chef!

I'm trying it out this week. Any thoughts out there? Thanks.

I love it but I think I would have a minimum - say 12 - and have it say something about can you beat the average show attendance? Or make it for orders and say the average number of show orders. They don't need to know what your actual average is - make it your dream average - and my dream average would be 12-15 at each show. And I like that you said "in free products" and not that you would take it off her total. This way you can still use her discount to offset some of the cost.

Oh, I like that "can you beat the average?" Thanks!

I like the additional free value, but if you want to mix it up, offer 50¢ for each adult in attendance who doesn't place an order, and 75¢ for each one who does. Or when there are more than 15 orders on the show.

Last party I had there were 7 people there...2 ordered so I would not give a reward for each adult there, but perhaps for each order received...I don't know. Then you have people combining, etc. but these 5 other people did not even order.

baychef said:
Last party I had there were 7 people there...2 ordered so I would not give a reward for each adult there, but perhaps for each order received...I don't know. Then you have people combining, etc. but these 5 other people did not even order.

I agree. My last show, there were 5 people (including the host and her boyfriend), and only one $25 order. The previous show, the orders were better ($300 show), but about 10 people in attendance, most of whom were there more for the barbecue then the PC show. In fact, most of the guest sales come from just one person.

I like the idea of attendance incentives, but there does need to be restrictions, so the host doesn't just invite people off the street who she knows won't order anything. (Now we know why HO is so strict!)

I see the point on counting only the actual orders received, but the idea is attendance - and even if someone doesn't order, they are still a potential booking or a potential recruit. They are still a body and they are still there listening, watching, etc., so I would say that based on orders wouldn't be a good way, just my opinion.
I tend to use this line that I stole from a NC cd from years ago on boosting sales and I tell this to all of my hosts about a week from the show.... "all of my hosts agree that by collecting 5 orders before I ever even show up, that it dramatically changes your show total"..... they don't want to be the 1 host that doesn't do this!! I'm telling you, it's been working very, very well.

I do like the idea of an attendance award....I think I'd start it at 10 and go up from there.

I think I'd go with actual orders received. PC used to give special benefits for that on the old points system - I think you got extra points for 15 orders..and then again for 25? (it was a long time ago...) and then, every so often, they do still offer something special for a certain # of orders. (like free ice cream scoop w/ 12 orders...) I think that the # of orders would also help with people combining orders.

If you go with # of guests, then I would set a bottom line. For instance: $1 FPV for every guest in attendance (Must have at least 8 in attendance - $1 for each person over this #)....or something like that. I don't think I would reward w/ FPV or gifts if someone only has 3-4 in attendance.:rolleyes:

Ditto on $1 for each order received. If they attend and don't order, it is almost like they really didn't show up (no record of their attendance, so to speak).

I would also include $1 for each outside order received as well.

I like Becky's idea of $1 per guest OVER a set minimum (my average attendance is 5, so I would use this as the minimum), plus Danielle's $1 per outside order.

I'm keep thinking about this. My problem is that I actually like my shows to be between 8-15 in attendance. When I have more than that, I can't connect with people the way I like, and I don't get the bookings like I do with more avg. attendance shows. For instance, I had a show with 21 people, sales were $650, and one possible booking. I had a show the next week with 10 people, sales were $450, but I got 4 bookings and one of those is talking about signing at her show! I'd rather have the second show. Little less in sales, but still worth my time, a recruit lead, and lots of bookings!

I think I might just keep encouraging my hosts to invite everyone they know who eats, and also encouraging outside orders.

Another thing you can do, although you'll be relying on the host's honesty, is to offer to bring something extra to the show when they have a certain number (you pick, based on what your goal is) confirmed to attend. Make it another recipe - something that's inexpensive for you, shows another product or 2, and is a 30-second demo, so it doesn't take away from your main demo. Like a beverage in the QSP. You will have to rely on the host to be truthful when she gives you a headcount before the show, but it's less money out of your pocket and can easily be tailored to your preferences for attendance.

baychef said:

this has been my issue too...

chefann said:
Another thing you can do, although you'll be relying on the host's honesty, is to offer to bring something extra to the show when they have a certain number (you pick, based on what your goal is) confirmed to attend. Make it another recipe - something that's inexpensive for you, shows another product or 2, and is a 30-second demo, so it doesn't take away from your main demo. Like a beverage in the QSP. You will have to rely on the host to be truthful when she gives you a headcount before the show, but it's less money out of your pocket and can easily be tailored to your preferences for attendance.

The easiest thing to do for this is the cake in the rice cooker. You can always have a box of cake mix and a tub of icing in your bag to take with you and then you only make the cake if there are the correct number of people there. If you say at least 12 people and she tells you she has 15 and then there are only 7 - you just don't make the cake. She'll have a couple of eggs and oil at her house 99% of the time, so this is something that can always be done just by carrying the cake mix and icing.

pcsharon1 said:
The easiest thing to do for this is the cake in the rice cooker. You can always have a box of cake mix and a tub of icing in your bag to take with you and then you only make the cake if there are the correct number of people there. If you say at least 12 people and she tells you she has 15 and then there are only 7 - you just don't make the cake. She'll have a couple of eggs and oil at her house 99% of the time, so this is something that can always be done just by carrying the cake mix and icing.

I'm the ultimate cheapskate...but I do dangle a carrot for my hosts. When they have 15 or more CONFIRMED guests, I will bring the DCB or Fluted Pan and make the microwave cake (they provide the ingredients). I only ever do one recipe, so this is a huge thing for my hosts, particularly the ones that have experienced the cake before.

I don't know how many of you remember the formula for a $1000 party. 5-15-5. 5 orders before your party - 15 during - 5 after. It is one reason I never close a party right away. It is simply not fair to a host who is only so far from another level to stop taking orders if they are simply so close to another level. And it is something I have used for years and it helps. However, I found it does not always work for attendance. I had a $1200 party once where only three people showed up! The lady who hosted had over $1000 in outside orders! This does help me achieve attendance and orders at the same time.

Attachments

• Cooking Not sure who to invite.doc
    51 KB · Views: 365
I offer to bring a trifle if she has at least 12 confirmed guests. I used to say 15 guests but it was too far to be motivating. Usually people cancel and there aren't 12 guests but the host is happy and I can show off the trifle bowl and my kids got a treat at home since I make a mini-one for them. I will bring it if the host is saying things like "I'm not going to get to 12" or "I really wanted that trifle so I called xxxx." I'm rewarding her effort on what she can control.

I rolled it out to my hostess as Dozen Donuts Bonus (yeah cheesy but this is how it goes when I talk on the fly) and told her that for the summer, I was personally topping the PC benefits and rewarding the hostesses who have a dozen or more guests with the 29 Minutes to Dinner, my most ordered cookbook, which is a perfect complement to using things they will get with their benefits!I, personally, am a bit squeamish about taking dollars off their order. Kind of like the incentives we get. That tote bag may only be worth $7 but we'll work like hell to earn it whereas we wouldn't work so hard to get $7. Or to use another analogy, I'd rather receive a gift at Christmas than a gift card, even if that card is worth more than the gifts. So the $14 (or whatever) cookbook, less the hostess discount, plus me getting commission on it and we are both happier. This is just IMO after reading all the different ways to do this...it's worth what you pay for it ;-)

Michelle,
I AM looking to change mine up and was wondering how giving away a cookbook is working for you? Has it helped keep attendance up and how about show averages based on that? This is the major thing I love about this being my own business, I can change it when I want too! And I think I need a change.

pcsharon1 said:

I say make the cake but in the DCB!!! Big show stopper and much pricier item!!!

1. What is a cluster meeting?

A cluster meeting is a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants within a designated area. These meetings provide a great opportunity for consultants to network, learn new tips and techniques, and share ideas with their peers.

2. How can I boost bookings with attendance rewards?

Attendance rewards are a great way to incentivize guests to attend your cooking shows. By offering a small gift or prize to those who attend your cluster meeting, you are more likely to see an increase in bookings and attendance at future shows.

3. What types of attendance rewards should I offer?

There are many options for attendance rewards, but some popular choices include product samples, kitchen tools, or gift cards. You can also get creative and offer a discount on future purchases or a fun game with prizes for attendees.

4. How do I track attendance at my cluster meetings?

The best way to track attendance is to have a sign-in sheet or use a mobile app where consultants can check in when they arrive. This will also help you keep track of who is eligible for the attendance rewards.

5. Can I use attendance rewards for online or virtual shows?

Absolutely! Attendance rewards can be just as effective for online or virtual shows. Consider offering a digital gift card or free shipping for those who attend your virtual cluster meeting. You can also offer a prize for attendees who share the event on social media or bring a guest to the meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg