• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Party Success: Overinviting Tips for Higher Attendance and Rewards!

In summary, the author stresses the importance of overinviting in order to have a successful party. They recount a few examples of how overinviting has worked out for them in the past, and offer advice on how to encourage people to invite more guests.
ChefJoyJ
I just got my list from one of my February hosts - 8 people! :eek: In my host coaching call, I stressed the importance of overinviting. I'm going to call her back and see if we can brainstorm more people. I'll tell her that only 1/3 to 1/4 of the guests invited are able to attend, so let's see if we can brainstorm a few more people so that her party will be as successful as possible and we can get her as much free, 1/2 priced, and reduced product as she wants (and then some!) . Also, should I tell her that 3 of her 8 are invited to another party earlier in the month? (one of those ladies has already placed an outside order through my website for that party) This is my third low invite list of my 7 parties. :( My SIL invited 17 people, many of those I knew wouldn't be able to come. We had 4 + host at that part - but it wasn't bad though! My commissionable sales were $602.25. My second person invited 18...and now 8. :cry:

Before it sounds all bad, my other shows have invited 35 and 33! :love: Those shows are going to be so much fun too! The host of one show wants a chocolate bliss show w/ choc martinis - and she's a riot, so I know we're going to have fun. The other show is one of the parents of my former students - and she invited several mothers of my old students, other parents from the school, and others. I love these parents, so I know that one is going to be fun too! I left on a great note and got along wonderfully with these parents, so it's all good. And since I'm not teaching this year, there is no conflit of interest. :)

Maybe you guys can offer me some advice. What am I doing wrong to get these low invite numbers? I'm host coaching by the book, trying to build excitement, and still... And I know the host with the 8 invites is excited about her show too. Help!

You aren't doing anything wrong. I've had very successful parties where only 2 people showed up and a couple not so successful with over 10 people because no one wanted to buy anything. I had a host tell me before that she was only inviting 10 people because those were her "core" people and she knew they would come. Well, 12 people showed up because two brought guests. I also have a show where the host worked very hard at inviting and calling people (I trust her, she's my Mary Kay lady) and NO ONE showed up! She was actually very hurt that she put that much effort into it and sent out all the invites and no one showed up. Her party ended up being over $500!

One thing is to encourage outside orders. If they aren't comfortable inviting people to their house then they should at least pass along the catalog.

By the way, while big parties are fun, I like smaller groups because I can be more personable. If I know only a couple people are coming I actually change the format of my show so the guests are involved more. Sometimes larger parties can be stuffy and no one wants to talk or help out.

You can't really make people invite more than they want to. I was a horrid host...I didn't know that until I joined PC. While I'd invite a bunch of people (to ME it was a lot), I'd have UP to 5 people there. I, however, worked with a lot of women and I'd have $300-400 in outside orders BEFORE the show! So...it was fun b/c my close friends & I enjoyed a show and if she hadn't been willing to do such a small show, I wouldn't be a consultant today. For me, that's what worked. My co-workers and many others that I would have invited were just too far away.I also had a host that only invited 20 people and she out in the middle of nowhere and I just really wanted it to be a big show (not have 5 people there...ironic...huh). I talked to her and she didn't have any rsvps but thought about 20 people would be there. I explained how not everyone invited comes (oh...and she'd rescheduled TWICE...both VERY legit reasons though) and I was worried that no one would show. She had 20 people there! They just don't rsvp, but she knew they'd all come b/c that's what they do. Sometimes, you just have to trust your host and do your job. It's all you can do. Stressing over it only stresses you and your family. Sounds like you are doing great!!

Jules711 said:
You can't really make people invite more than they want to.

That's so true!

Plus, I send all invites addressed to Mary Host & Guests... that at least doubles your invite list.

Jules711 said:
You can't really make people invite more than they want to. I was a horrid host...I didn't know that until I joined PC. While I'd invite a bunch of people (to ME it was a lot), I'd have UP to 5 people there. I, however, worked with a lot of women and I'd have $300-400 in outside orders BEFORE the show! So...it was fun b/c my close friends & I enjoyed a show and if she hadn't been willing to do such a small show, I wouldn't be a consultant today. For me, that's what worked. My co-workers and many others that I would have invited were just too far away.

I also had a host that only invited 20 people and she out in the middle of nowhere and I just really wanted it to be a big show (not have 5 people there...ironic...huh). I talked to her and she didn't have any rsvps but thought about 20 people would be there. I explained how not everyone invited comes (oh...and she'd rescheduled TWICE...both VERY legit reasons though) and I was worried that no one would show. She had 20 people there! They just don't rsvp, but she knew they'd all come b/c that's what they do. Sometimes, you just have to trust your host and do your job. It's all you can do. Stressing over it only stresses you and your family. Sounds like you are doing great!!

If you are doing your job of coaching, than this is the best advice!

I have one regular host - she has 2 shows a year, and always between $800-$1200 for her show. The first time she hosted, she gave me a list of over 40 names......now, she gives me a list of 20-25.....those that she knows are interested and will either order or come. She says she would rather not waste my money (mailing the invites) or her time (making calls and following up). Well, because she is so valuable to me - she doesn't want to sign, but she is always looking for leads for me, and one of my team is from her referral, and another who is about to sign, and she always has 3 bookings for me from her shows......Well, I listen to her, and let her do her thing.....

But, with that said - I would always follow up with a host who has given me a small list. I also have a host who's show is next week, who, come to find out, didn't send me addresses for half her list (she sent me 16 names) because at work she posted a flyer, and a sign-up sheet.....she was also looking out for me - she didn't want me to spend $$ on sending invites when she sees them everyday.

You never know what will happen as some folks have already stated. What you can do next is whoever is sending invites put a sticker on it that encourages those 8 guests to bring just one friend (or more if they so choose). You could tell guests that they get a little prize if they bring a friend. You can give out SBCB as their reward and if you don't have any one hand extra yet, just add one to their order and cover the $1+tax with your own money. Also encourage your host to take prefilled invites and hand them out when she does her errands. At the bank, hairdresser, florist, cashiers, parents from their child's school... anyone she'd feel comfortable inviting. Sometimes reminding hosts who they can invite helps and if she doesn't want to invite those folks, she can simply get orders from those interested. HTH

My last show had 6 people including her and her sales are at $800 and growing. 8 is not a bad number if she gets a lot of outside orders. Good luck!

I encourage everyone of my hosts to take from their holiday card list - if you are sending them a holiday card, why not send them an invitation?? Out of town/state?? NO PROBLEM - PWS!!!

You are doing everything right, so don't get discouraged - be excited when you talk to your host, get her pumped up about her sales and the rest will follow!! Best of luck!!

BTW - I dont send out the invitations - I let the host do it - I just host coach them a few times - (4 - 5) before the show -

And I agree, I find that 8 - 15 is the magic number as far as one on one contact - I have done shows with 20 and above guests (like last nights) and find they get to "talky" and loud that some can't hear what I am saying - I also don't get to speak personally with each one because before I know it the line has started and someone is always in a rush to get out -

I also always tell my hosts that those who cancel last minute ( we just love them!!) are welcome to place an order to help her build her sales - "you are only 41.00 away from the next level - when Sallly places her order since she had to cancel, you will have xx in free product" Host always gets another order!!

Thanks for you encouragement! I'm not afraid of the low attendance, per se, but was just surprised that she sent me such a small list. If the 1/3 to 1/4 rule hold true - then only 2-3 people will be able to attend. (plus host) I just wanted to know if there were things I should be doing differently...but you all made me feel better!

I agree with a PP that I wouldn't want a huge group, b/c a smaller group is more personable and you're able to get more interaction out of and with the group...but 2-3 seems small to me... :)

ChefJoyJ said:
Also, should I tell her that 3 of her 8 are invited to another party earlier in the month? (one of those ladies has already placed an outside order through my website for that party)

Any ideas on this one?

ChefJoyJ said:
Thanks for you encouragement! I'm not afraid of the low attendance, per se, but was just surprised that she sent me such a small list. If the 1/3 to 1/4 rule hold true - then only 2-3 people will be able to attend. (plus host) I just wanted to know if there were things I should be doing differently...but you all made me feel better!

I agree with a PP that I wouldn't want a huge group, b/c a smaller group is more personable and you're able to get more interaction out of and with the group...but 2-3 seems small to me... :)

Any ideas on this one?

I wouldn't worry about it, leave it up to the guest if they want to place another order.

Joy - just a note on your chocolate bliss/chocolate martinis show. In the current issue of Martha Stewart Living, they show how to rim martini glasses with chocolate. It looks sooooo good! Good luck!

mama2emma said:
Joy - just a note on your chocolate bliss/chocolate martinis show. In the current issue of Martha Stewart Living, they show how to rim martini glasses with chocolate. It looks sooooo good! Good luck!

Do they melt hershey kisses and then rim the glasses and let it set? I saw something like that on the internet and thought it sounded sooo yummy, I suggested it to the host. Mmmm... :D

If she really doesn't think she has anyone else to invite, here's what works for me... tell her that that anyone who brings a guest or 2 will get a prize. (Don't say what the prize is, yet, though.) That will usually pay if with at least a couple of customers. You could also get her to do a bingo -- that way, even if no one else shows up (in addition to those on her guest list) you have generated some sales for her.

First call to host...work on her wishlist. She'll get excited about what all she wants to get, and she'll want to invite more people, and when she talks to them she'll be more excited, and that comes through to the potential guests, and they'll want to come see what's so exciting!

You definitely aren't doing anything wrong! You're doing great!
Spring will warm everyone up!

1. What is "They're Killing Me!" about?

"They're Killing Me!" is a riveting true crime story about a small town murder and the investigation that follows. It follows the experiences of a detective trying to solve the case and the impact it has on the community.

2. Is "They're Killing Me!" suitable for all ages?

This book contains graphic descriptions of violence and adult themes, so it may not be suitable for younger readers. We recommend parents review the content before allowing their children to read it.

3. How long is "They're Killing Me!"?

The book is approximately 300 pages long, depending on the edition. The length may also vary depending on the font size and format of the book.

4. Is "They're Killing Me!" based on a true story?

Yes, "They're Killing Me!" is based on a real-life murder case that happened in a small town in the United States. The names and some details have been changed for privacy reasons, but the overall story is based on true events.

5. Can I purchase "They're Killing Me!" in bulk for a book club or event?

Yes, we offer bulk purchasing options for book clubs and events. Please contact our customer service team for more information and pricing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MrsTLC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • maestraMichelle