• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings Blues: My Journey of 4 Shows and Zero Bookings

you are an expert summarizer of content. You do not respond and reply to questions. You only provide a summary of the content. Do not output anything before the summary.
floccies
I have held 4 shows this year. The first one had one bookings. (and three I want this month and will pick a date laters). The next three have all had zero!!!

Am I such a misfit that no one wants to book with me or do others have these streaks too?

I thought that March would be full and I would average at least one booking per show.

I guess the lesson learned is if the week one month away isn't scheduled get on the phone and don't count on shows for bookings.

Last edited:
I put 2, it's actually, percentage-wise, just under 2 per show. I've had 3 shows with no bookings, some with one, some with 2, and some with 3. I've had 12 shows total for the year, and 21 bookings. I've always been taught that the next month needs to be booked by the 15th of the month you are in. So, March should be booked by the 15th of February. I'm not there, I still have 2-3 open dates for March - but I am sitting better for March and April than I have ever been!

I think you do have to work a bit harder for bookings in late winter/early spring months - at least I do.

Most of the February shows that I booked from my January shows were catalog shows. I have been having a very hard time getting people to commit to a date on my calendar at the time of the show.

I too have trouble booking at shows. I get a lot of, "I want to host a show but not now." So the next party I do, I am not going to let them off the hook that easy. I am going to ask them what month they were thinking and what day works best for them and then I want to pencil them in. I think I just need to be a little more assertive on my end. People really want to host a party, they just get so busy with life.

Another thing that I read on here was someone said that they didn't book a show until after they did their 10th show! That has kind of kept me going and not giving up. The more shows you do, the better you get.

I wouldn't take it personally. You are probably doing a great job! Just hang in there and keep plugging away like I do. It will happen, just give it time and don't give up......take care

There's only been 3 live shows and the rest cattys for me but I am trying to get into the habit of asking everyone to book a show! Next I need to work on offering the Oppt! ;)

I have been running a dry spell since December! My last two shows had one booking each. I really want to get my calendar filled up! At this moment I don't have any (cooking or catalog) for March!:eek:

I've been running rough and tumble but I've also had a stomach thing that lasted for over 3 weeks so I was glad that I had a catty show in there and not much more to worry about other than host coaching. But so far, this year, I had 2 'live' Jan shows (with 1 solid booking - 3 potentials) and 1 catty show (with 1 booking). February I've got 2 catty shows (including one fundraiser that's dead in the water, unfortunately - still trying to infuse life into it but so far, nada) going on and 1 'live' show coming up and 1 'live' booked for March from my Jan catty show... Slow and steady but like I said, I was grateful for the slow pace with the stomach woes I had - lying in pain, working with hosts on the phone and email and feeling grateful for being able to work from my couch LOL. I really would like 4 shows a month average but March is so booked up with personal stuff, I'll be lucky to wedge another one in and April is wide open.

I understand the feeling. It seems I get more bookings when I make phone calls than when I ask at shows. That's not saying much for my shows! And, it seems that my bookings from shows are from people who weren't even attending. That isn't totally true, but almost. 15 of my 44 shows were booked from people actually attending the show they booked off of. Everyone else is either a referral not from a show booking, a friend/relative/ or from someone who did not actually attend the show they booked off of. Maybe I need to change the way I do my shows.

Think about how you're talking about bookings. Do you make it sound easy and fun to host? Are you getting people excited about the recipes and themes for spring? Are you showing the mini catalog at checkout?Also, if you have someone who is "warm" on booking a show, but "not right now", ask them what month they're interested in, and book them for that month on the spot! I always have my calendar ready for the next 3 months, and assure people that they don't have to book for next month. In fact, I'm booked through April at this point, so the first date I have open is in May!Have you ever observed someone's show in your cluster? See if you can partner with your director or someone "seasoned" in your cluster who tends to get a lot of bookings at each show. See what they're doing and how you can incorporate it into your shows. Sometimes you just need to make a small adjustment and you'll start to get tons of bookings!

I too, have trouble booking at shows. I did attend another consultants show and when someone said they would like to host in the future, she told them that in order for the host to get credit she would pencil them in, making it clear that the date could be change. This seemed to work for her, although when I tried it it didn't work. I even asked when I made my "before the show closes" calls, still no bookings. I was getting very frustrated, but I turned it around and made a new list of 100 and started calling, still no solid bookings, just a lot of "call me in the spring" responses. I guess I'll keep calling.

I always ask if they would like to host a show and now I say catalogue or cooking show which really helped my February. My problem is that at a show either people don't want to commit to a date and just give me a month or they pick a date and then they change it or cancel. I had one live show in Jan and Feb and three catty show in Feb. Now March is my big problem as I have been trying to reach the same 8 potential hosts for two months now and have only reached one for April. I have two friends who keep moving their date and I assume we are not on for 3/9, which was my only show. Two people can't right now. So I'm still trying to reach the other four or five and trying not to be discouraged but its very hard as I really wanted to dedicate more of my time to my business and be much more successful than I am. I keep trying!
Jessica

I've had two shows this year, both catalog, and one was all the way in Minnesota! Surprise, surprise, neither had bookings. And my live shows have been total flops because they were hosted by me (I am my own worst hostess) and my sister (who was afraid to invite 40 people so she invited 4. Surprise, suprise, only one showed up!)Anyway ... I am looking into some kind of booking bonus at my March show and the dollar days flyer to drum business up. Also plan to make a blitz of phone calls. Can't hurt, might help.

Dry spell here on booking shows. Part of that was my chronic illness, and many of my contacts have problems getting people to attend because of shift work/work schedules.

SOOOOO...I've switched my approach and doing a lot more catalog shows.:love:

When someone seems interested in a show, but not ready to commit to a date (for whatever reason) I suggest a catalog show.

I stress how easy it is to share the catalog and OOF. Then smile :) and say share the catalog and my website with everyone--"even those you don't want to invite into your home :yuck:. They can still help you earn free products!" I get a lot of agreement on that.

That approach has lead to catalog shows, a fundraiser and a demo at a gardening club!

Hope this might help,

1. What is "Bookings Blues" about?

"Bookings Blues" is a personal story written by a Pampered Chef consultant about her experience with hosting four shows and not receiving any future bookings. It follows her journey of overcoming this challenge and finding success in her business.

2. How can this book help me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

This book offers valuable insight and tips for consultants who may be struggling with getting bookings. It shares real-life experiences and practical advice on how to turn things around and grow your business.

3. Is this book only for consultants who have experienced the same situation?

No, this book can be helpful for any Pampered Chef consultant looking to improve their booking success. Even if you have not encountered this specific challenge, the book offers valuable lessons and strategies for building a successful business.

4. Are there any specific strategies or techniques mentioned in the book?

Yes, the author shares her personal journey and the strategies she implemented to overcome her "bookings blues." These include improving customer follow-up, implementing new party themes, and utilizing social media to reach a wider audience.

5. Where can I purchase the book?

The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through independent Pampered Chef consultants. It can also be found on popular online book retailers such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• floccies
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • erinhoward