• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Book to Look: Get Freebies & $15 Off Your Order!

which was $10. I think what you're offering is just fine. When I've done the book to look before, I've done prizes worth $5-10; plus they don't get the item until at their party. Plus, dates I need to fill earliest, get the higher priced item.
kearstin
I am planning on trying the Book to Look idea tonight. I just created a couple of fliers that I will give to anyone who books with some different freebies. I am planning on giving away a Color Coated Santoku knife, the Mix 'N Mash, choice of spice or rub, a pack of Twixits, $5 off total order, and/or $10 in additional product free.

Now I'm worrying that I'm a cheapskate though. I did a search on some of the old threads and saw where some people were giving away stones and higher priced items. Do you think potential hosts be turned off by my cheapy gifts???

I think what you're offering is just fine. When I've done the book to look before, I've done prizes worth $5-10; plus they don't get the item until at their party. Plus, dates I need to fill earliest, get the higher priced item.
I think anything extra that you give your guests/hosts is awesome & totally up to you; however it fits into your budget!

kearstin said:
Do you think potential hosts be turned off by my cheapy gifts???

I've seen women playfully argue over a Hershey Kiss. Nothing is too "cheap" when it's free.

I am new to PC. I'm in my 3rd SS month. What is Book to Look?

April

Thanks Lacy and Rae. When I started looking through the files I got worried that maybe I should be doing more, but you're right, when it's free, it's all good!

Chef_2_Four said:

April
April, from what I've seen there are at least a couple of different ways to do a Book to Look:
  • Have products from the new season covered or otherwise hidden and show only those guests who book a show
  • Write different freebies on a slip of paper and let guests who book pop their choice of balloon and they get the freebie listed on the paper
  • Print pictures of different products and stuff them in an envelope and let guests choose the envelope and they get that freebie
I'm doing a variation of the latter. I just printed off fliers with different pictures and folded them in half and stapled. I didn't decide I was doing this until I got to work today and my show is right after work, so I didn't have time to do anything too fancy on my lunch break!

Anyway, with all Book to Looks, no matter which variation you're using, the guest doesn't actually get the freebie until they actually have a show. As I understand it, most consultants will just add the freebie onto their host order so that you use their discount and they receive the item with the rest of their order.

Hope all this makes sense.
Kearstin

Chef_2_Four said:

April

Book to look is a "game" that we can play to get bookings. The guest has to book a date on your calendar and they will get the prize when they hold thier show. :D

kearstin said:
I am planning on trying the Book to Look idea tonight. I just created a couple of fliers that I will give to anyone who books with some different freebies. I am planning on giving away a Color Coated Santoku knife, the Mix 'N Mash, choice of spice or rub, a pack of Twixits, $5 off total order, and/or $10 in additional product free.

Now I'm worrying that I'm a cheapskate though. I did a search on some of the old threads and saw where some people were giving away stones and higher priced items. Do you think potential hosts be turned off by my cheapy gifts???

I was nervous about this too. I am going to put a few of the new products in there as well. Maybe not the SUPER higher priced items But moderate.

Thanks for the info! Right now I am working on my 24 bookings in 24 hours. I will have to try the book to look too!

SillyChef said:
I was nervous about this too. I am going to put a few of the new products in there as well. Maybe not the SUPER higher priced items But moderate.
This is the first I am trying it, but my bookings are pretty sparse right now, so I'm willing to try anything!!!

Chef_2_Four said:
Thanks for the info! Right now I am working on my 24 bookings in 24 hours. I will have to try the book to look too!
I've not done that one yet, so let us know how yours goes.

I will! I hope yours goes good tonight too!!

Kearstin, I did it last weekend for the first time. All the products I offered were $5 or less, except the host's one I offered the trivet. Course she doesn't get that until all 3 have the shows!

No one seemed to mind the values.

I'm just wondering what wording you all use when explaining Book to Look. I have done this at a few of my shows but I feel like my words are akward and not...exciting. Any ideas for wording?

I usually keep it around $10-$15 because you don't purchase it for them until their show and then you put it on their order which will be at least 20% off! I say "I know that PC gives a lot to our hosts but I feel like I want to give an extra "THANK YOU" to you for booking a show tonight. So when you book you will get to pick one of these bags and when you hold your show, I will purchase this for you." (I use little gift bags (the smallest ones from the dollar store and put little pics of the items that I want to give away) Then when they pick one, I put their name and number on my calendar...along with the item they picked so I don't forget to purchase it or what they picked.
HTH! :)

I did "book to look" at my Feb 24th show, using the new products as prizes: the Tomato Knife, Mix n' Chop, and Core 'n More, and I had 4 bookings!
I think if your in need of shows, it works great!!

gratergirl - thanks for the words! I am going to have envelopes with specific dates because I keep getting people who are Booking to Look and booking for 4 months out! I want to book for April and the first week in May so I put specific dates on my envelopes, with the more substantial prizes being in the earlier dates...any ideas for how I could explain the date thing?

Related to Book to Look: Get Freebies & $15 Off Your Order!

What is the "Book to Look" program?

The "Book to Look" program is a referral program offered by Pampered Chef that rewards customers with free products and a $15 discount on their order when they host a cooking show and invite their friends and family to attend.

How do I participate in the "Book to Look" program?

To participate in the "Book to Look" program, simply schedule a cooking show with your Pampered Chef consultant and invite at least 4 friends or family members to attend. Your consultant will provide you with a "Book to Look" host code to share with your guests.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Book to Look" show?

By hosting a "Book to Look" show, you not only get the chance to earn free products and a $15 discount on your order, but you also get to spend quality time with your friends and family while learning new recipes and trying out Pampered Chef products.

How do I redeem my freebies and $15 discount from hosting a "Book to Look" show?

After your show, your Pampered Chef consultant will contact you to discuss your free product choices and apply the $15 discount to your order. You can also redeem your freebies and discount directly through the Pampered Chef website using your host code.

Are there any limitations or restrictions for the "Book to Look" program?

Yes, there are a few limitations and restrictions for the "Book to Look" program. The host must have at least 4 guests attend the show to be eligible for the rewards. The host code must be redeemed within 90 days of the show date. And the free products are subject to availability and may vary depending on the total sales of the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mystik
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • apamperedone
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lakamper