• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is 'book to look' and how can it help boost bookings for my business?

In summary, Paige offers a Deal or No Deal game where guests can look in an envelope to find an item they want at their show. If they want to make a deal and book the show, they get to take the item to the show.
paigev71
I am new to PC and have been looking through some of the messages on booking ideas. I came across a few people saying they used something called "book to look." Can someone please explain this concept to me?

Paige

I play a Deal or No Deal game similar to Book to Look. I offer envelopes that have the Deal or No Deal logo on them. Each guest picks an envelope. When we check out, if they want to make a deal and book a show, they get to look in the envelope and get that item at their show.

wadesgirl said:
I play a Deal or No Deal game similar to Book to Look. I offer envelopes that have the Deal or No Deal logo on them. Each guest picks an envelope. When we check out, if they want to make a deal and book a show, they get to look in the envelope and get that item at their show.

That is a cute idea. What are some of the item's that you have in the envelope?

pamperedpals said:
That is a cute idea. What are some of the item's that you have in the envelope?

I generally stuck with new products under $12. This last season though there wasn't that many (I try to have around 20-25 envelopes) so I used some "classic" products like the smallest scraper, Mix N Chop, etc

do you give it to them before the show? I would only do it AT there show. How does it work for you - do people book that may not have ??

I give it to them when they close their show. I add it to their order and get the unlimited discount on it.

wadesgirl said:
I generally stuck with new products under $12. This last season though there wasn't that many (I try to have around 20-25 envelopes) so I used some "classic" products like the smallest scraper, Mix N Chop, etc

do you think this helps your bookings? I would think it might encourage fence sitters.......

chefmeg said:
do you think this helps your bookings? I would think it might encourage fence sitters.......

It does when I remember to do it! I haven't done it very often this year. I've also found that giving a free cooking show coupon as a door prize also helps with bookings. They have to book with in the next 30 days so it helps with bookings now. I've had some people who would have normally not had a show do one since they won a free one.

When you say a "free" show...is that the one where the consultant pays for ingredients and supplies? I have read posts on this. Do you pick the recipe or give the hostess a couple "cheap" ones to choose from? My problem at the moment is I don't have any shows so I am trying to figure out a way to get some without hounding everyone I know. I don't want to have it to where everyone shys away from me for fear I will ask them about Pampered Chef.

Just ask everyone if they want to have a show, it's not hounding them, it's doing your job. Plus you never know who will say yes. I talk about the host benefits during my show including the current and up coming host specials.As far as the free show, I send out the invites and buy the ingredients for the recipe (I actually send out all the invites now for my hosts so I would just be buying the ingredients). I offer the same 5-6 recipes all season, they are usually less than 9 ingredients and under $10 so I'm not worried about which one the host picks. Alot of times they may already have some of the products on hand (milk, eggs, etc) that you wouldn't have to buy anyway.

What recipes do you give as choices that cost less than $9. I am curious. I may try using this to get some extra bookings.
Thanks

I am also restarting my business and am looking for ways to boost bookings. i am hosting my own show on the 26th but i am making some calls before monday (i leave for the ocean on monday) so that i can have some shows booked when i get back.

Sandy

What is "Book to Look"?

"Book to Look" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to host a virtual party where you can earn free and discounted products by inviting your friends and family to shop through your unique party link.

How do I sign up for "Book to Look"?

To sign up for "Book to Look", you can either contact your Pampered Chef consultant or sign up through the Pampered Chef website. You will need to provide your name, email address, and choose a date for your virtual party.

Do I have to purchase anything to participate in "Book to Look"?

No, you do not have to purchase anything to participate in "Book to Look". Your friends and family will make purchases through your party link, and you will earn rewards based on the sales from your party.

What kind of rewards can I earn through "Book to Look"?

As a host of a "Book to Look" party, you can earn free products, discounted products, and even exclusive host-only products. The rewards you earn will depend on the sales from your party.

When will I receive my "Book to Look" rewards?

You will receive your "Book to Look" rewards after your party has closed. Your consultant will contact you to let you know when your rewards are available and to help you redeem them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pngentil
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • csulier