• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in the Micro in Dcb?

I've only had mine for about a month now. And I have thought the same thing about stock! With as many as I've sold already, I can't imagine how...I've only had mine for about a month now.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
How long do I set the timer to do about 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the DCB in the microwave?

I would try 10 minutes and check them..I ususally cut mine into strips and they only take~7 minutes

How 'bout just three breasts?
Has anyone done just three breasts in the DCB before?

The pork tenderloin in the DCB recipe in SBRC says you can sub chicken for it....so a pound of chicken. It says to just follow the same instructions in the recipe and it'll be between 6-10 minutes for a pound. The longest I've only had the pork take to cook is 9 1/2 minutes and that's when it was two 1 pound tenderloins. I would say it would be around 8 minutes in a normal microwave. I'll have to try that sometime to see. I've done them in the microcooker, but can't remember how long it's taken. I've had to flip and rearrange them a couple times doing it that way.

Let us know what you come up with if you try it.

I am test driving the Jerk Chicken Nachos tonight for my family so I wanted to make the chicken in the DCB...I am planning to stp asking my hosts to buy pre-cooked chicken for their shows and I'll have them buy breasts (raw) and I'll cook them in the DCB before the guests arrive.

I did the 30-minute chicken with dark quarters (legs and thighs, still attached). It took about 20 minutes. Because the breasts are smaller, you could check at 10 minutes, and go from there.

I did 4 breasts yesterday w/ peppers and onion for fajitas.....took 12 minutes with the peppers and onion.

Ok - I did three nice-sized breasts and they took 8 mins. Moist and delish!
I used them for the Jerk Nachos I made tonight.

Thanks for letting us know the timing Carolyn!!

KellyTheChef said:
Thanks for letting us know the timing Carolyn!!

You're very welcome but I think it's going to differ for everyone based on the size of the breasts and the strength of the microwave. But at least we have a kinda sorta baseline...

I started having my hosts get the fresh chicken breast also. I just started chopping them when they are done with the Salad Choppers and they turn out great.

Ruthie

chefruthie said:
I started having my hosts get the fresh chicken breast also. I just started chopping them when they are done with the Salad Choppers and they turn out great.

Ruthie

Salad choppers! Great idea! I've been using my knife, but I use that other places in the demo too - this would show another tool.

Ruthie, How are you cooking the breasts? Grill pan or DCB?

ChefBeckyD said:
Salad choppers! Great idea! I've been using my knife, but I use that other places in the demo too - this would show another tool.
I love using the Salad Choppers, too, for cooked chicken breasts. You can really cut them up into nice-sized pieces. Sometimes the chicken gets stuck in between the two blades, but I just push them out with a finger. I sold a few of these when I did this when I made the Jerk Chicken Nachos at a show on Friday.:)

dannyzmom said:
Ruthie, How are you cooking the breasts? Grill pan or DCB?

DCB for sure!!!! That's my favorite piece of stoneware at the moment. I think I may have to buy another one because my DH is irritated that I keep taking it to my shows and he doesn't have it to use here at home:rolleyes: Since the end of June I have sold 25 a full price.:thumbup: I hopr they have those babies stocked up at HO because I think from reading others posts that October is going to be kickin for lots of Cheffers:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ruthie

chefruthie said:
DCB for sure!!!! That's my favorite piece of stoneware at the moment. I think I may have to buy another one because my DH is irritated that I keep taking it to my shows and he doesn't have it to use here at home:rolleyes: Since the end of June I have sold 25 a full price.:thumbup: I hopr they have those babies stocked up at HO because I think from reading others posts that October is going to be kickin for lots of Cheffers:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ruthie

I keep thinking I need to get another one too! I actually get irritated, because I keep wanting to use it to make dinner, but it's already packed to go to a show! I would use it even more at home, if I didn't have to take it with me all the time!

And I have thought the same thing about stock! With as many as I've sold already, I can't imagine how many I will sell in Oct! Just Sat., at a show with 6 guests, I sold 2 full price, booked a show (Nov) specifically for that piece as a 1/2 price item.....and the host is going to get it as one of her 1/2 price items!

I just broke down and bought a DCB on a personal order. It hurt my bank account, but I plan to sell more at full price, so it will be worth it. My PC friend who I borrow from (BeckyD) has such a busy month I figured it would be better to have my own. Plus, I like using it at home for my family.

Hey, do you use it in the Micro, to cook the breasts or the oven?? I wonder if you put the chicken breasts, and minute rice or something at the bottom if that would work, and cook a whole meal in one!?! hmm..?

I believe you'll definately get your return on that purchase. I could kick myself for keeping it in the box for over 6 months after I earned it:eek: . I just wasn't that impressed with it and thought it was pricey UNTIL they came out with the 30 minute chicken!!! I love my DCB:love:

You can do so much with it! I am so glad i got mine!! It is really going to get me to cook!!

chefruthie said:
I believe you'll definately get your return on that purchase. I could kick myself for keeping it in the box for over 6 months after I earned it:eek: . I just wasn't that impressed with it and thought it was pricey UNTIL they came out with the 30 minute chicken!!! I love my DCB:love:

Until the 30 minute chicken......the only thing I had made in mine was the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding....but then I put it away, because it was on stop sell for so long.....and never got it back out! AND I was a complete skeptic about the chicken, and refused to make it for the longest time! NOW! I am so glad I finally broke down and tried the chicken! It's my favorite piece of stoneware right now too.:love: :love:

We're two peas in a pod Becky!! I am going to make the Moms Apple Crisp in this tomorrow. I always make it in the DDB in the micro and it turns out great. I hope it turns out just as good in the DCB. As if I need another reason to promote it!!!

Related to Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in the Micro in Dcb?

1. How long should I cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in the Micro in Dcb?

The cooking time for boneless skinless chicken breasts in the Micro in Dcb will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken and the power of your microwave. A general rule of thumb is to cook them for 3-4 minutes per side on high power.

2. Do I need to add any liquid to the Micro in Dcb when cooking chicken breasts?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts in the Micro in Dcb. The chicken will release its own juices and the Dcb will help to trap the moisture, resulting in tender and flavorful chicken.

3. Can I use frozen chicken breasts in the Micro in Dcb?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts in the Micro in Dcb. However, it is recommended to thaw the chicken first for more even cooking. If cooking from frozen, you may need to increase the cooking time by a few minutes.

4. How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken to check for any pinkness or use a fork to see if the chicken is tender and no longer pink.

5. Can I marinate the chicken before cooking in the Micro in Dcb?

Yes, you can marinate the chicken before cooking in the Micro in Dcb. However, for best results, it is recommended to use a marinade that does not contain a lot of liquid. You can also add seasoning and spices directly to the chicken before cooking for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandikpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kzegar