1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Binders vs. Folders vs. Clipboards

1. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Good morning, everyone! I'm heading off to Staples today and was wondering if anyone had preferences for how to organize their guest packets for shows? I was going to use the clipboard idea (catalog, guest special flyer, and order form clipped on and pen attached), but read somewhere yesterday that a member is using three ring binders,cutting the catalog up and putting it in pocket protectors. While this sounds more expensive in the short run (and definitely more work), I think it might be a better long run solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Sandy

Aug 9, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

I used an idea on here and have only used it for two shows, but guests seem to like it. I bought the 3 ring binders and cut the spine out so then I have two lap boards. It's the kind you can put a flyer in the cover, so I do that and then the catalog and order form go in the pocket. I also bought the little business card holders to stick on there, but I realized I haven't done that yet. I used to do pocket folders, but those get pretty ratty over time and guests would accidentally write on them even though I said I recycle them show to show.

The only problem I've run into with using the binders cut in two is that the corners where I cut them are scratchy. I tried to round them best I could with scissors. Any suggestions on how to make them smoother so they don't scratch? Thanks!

3. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Lapboards

Becky...I was wondering why you went with "lapboards" as opposed to keeping them as binders. Do they work better this way?

Sandy

Aug 9, 2005
Have something to add?