• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Binders Vs. Folders Vs. Clipboards

In summary, binders, folders, and clipboards are all stationary items used for organizing and storing papers. Binders have rings for easy page insertion and removal, folders have pockets for papers, and clipboards have a sturdy back with a clip at the top. The best option for organizing paperwork depends on individual needs, with binders being great for large amounts of papers, folders for quick access and transport, and clipboards for on-the-go organization. These items can also be used for organizing recipes, with binders being best for storage, folders for holding cards or papers, and clipboards for writing down new recipes. The durability of these items varies, with binders being typically more durable due to their materials and reinforced rings. All three
ChefSandyK
Good morning, everyone! I'm heading off to Staples today and was wondering if anyone had preferences for how to organize their guest packets for shows? I was going to use the clipboard idea (catalog, guest special flyer, and order form clipped on and pen attached), but read somewhere yesterday that a member is using three ring binders,cutting the catalog up and putting it in pocket protectors. While this sounds more expensive in the short run (and definitely more work), I think it might be a better long run solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sandy

I used an idea on here and have only used it for two shows, but guests seem to like it. I bought the 3 ring binders and cut the spine out so then I have two lap boards. It's the kind you can put a flyer in the cover, so I do that and then the catalog and order form go in the pocket. I also bought the little business card holders to stick on there, but I realized I haven't done that yet. I used to do pocket folders, but those get pretty ratty over time and guests would accidentally write on them even though I said I recycle them show to show.

The only problem I've run into with using the binders cut in two is that the corners where I cut them are scratchy. I tried to round them best I could with scissors. Any suggestions on how to make them smoother so they don't scratch? Thanks!

LapboardsBecky...I was wondering why you went with "lapboards" as opposed to keeping them as binders. Do they work better this way?

Sandy

1. What is the difference between binders, folders, and clipboards?

Binders, folders, and clipboards are all stationary items used to organize and store papers. However, each one has a unique purpose and design. Binders have a spine and rings that allow you to add and remove pages easily. Folders have pockets to hold papers and are usually made of paper or cardstock. Clipboards have a sturdy back with a clip at the top to hold papers in place.

2. Which one is best for organizing paperwork?

The best option for organizing paperwork depends on your specific needs. Binders are great for storing a large amount of papers and keeping them in order with tabs and dividers. Folders are ideal for quickly accessing and transporting important documents. Clipboards are best for on-the-go organization and writing on the go.

3. Can I use a binder, folder, or clipboard for recipes?

Yes, you can use any of these items to organize recipes. Binders allow you to add and remove pages easily, making them perfect for storing recipe cards and printed recipes. Folders can hold recipe cards or papers with recipes on them. Clipboards are ideal for writing down and organizing new recipes in the kitchen.

4. Are binders, folders, and clipboards durable?

It depends on the quality and materials used for each item. Binders are typically more durable as they are made of sturdy materials and have reinforced rings. Folders and clipboards may not be as durable, but there are options made of thicker materials that can withstand frequent use.

5. Can I customize binders, folders, and clipboards with my company logo?

Yes, all three of these items can be customized with your company logo. Binders can have a custom cover, folders can have a logo printed on the front, and clipboards can have a custom design on the back. This is a great way to promote your business and create a professional look for your documents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ampirolli
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ampirolli
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
  • beepampered