• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Billing Registry Cards to Couple?

we put them in the wedding invitations. My husband and I are of the "if you invite 200 people to your wedding, most likely no more than 40 would be included in the shower invites. That's a lot of people left to guess at what you need." mindset.
n8vtxn
Hi! I know that when a couple registers for the new registry, they are supposed to get 30 cards free. What I am unclear about is whether these come from PC HO, or if we provide them. Further more, if they want more, do we pay for those or bill the couple? And do those come from Merrill or PC supply? I'd really like to have them personalized w/ MY website, if possible.

Thanks so much!

The first 30 are sent to the couple by HO. Any additional come from the consultant. We can purchase these through Merrill. I haven't checked them out yet so not sure if they are blank or if they can come with our info. Not giving them more than 30 insures that they will contact us for more cards :) I don't plan on charging the couple for cards. It is what my husband calls "the cost of doing business". We can write this cost off and I think it would put a bad taste in their mouth about us if we charge for something like that. I'm sure the cost won't be much and you will certainly make the money back in commission and (hopefully) future business.

I was curious as to how the cards looked so I just went to Merrill's website. The cards come in packs of 25 and are just business cards that say they are registered at The Wedding Registry...go to www.pamperedchef.com. The cards will NOT have our contact info but I'm sure the couple's registry will. The cards cost $4.50 for 100; $7.95 for 200; and $19.50 for 500. They also say that they can be purchased in increments of 25 but no cost break down for that.

Regristry is Associated with our #So we will get credit for the sale.

As a bride, would you want to place a card in your wedding invitation that with a salesperson's information on it? I wouldn't that seems tacky to me. It's supposed to help the guest get the couple a gift they need, not a solicitation by a PC consultant.

Just my opinion.

Sk8Mom209 said:
So we will get credit for the sale.

As a bride, would you want to place a card in your wedding invitation that with a salesperson's information on it? I wouldn't that seems tacky to me. It's supposed to help the guest get the couple a gift they need, not a solicitation by a PC consultant.

Just my opinion.
That's a really good point! Thanks!

to my understanding, putting them in their wedding invites is a big no no.

That's the purpose of the cardThe purpose of a registry card is to let your invited guests know where you are registered so that they had get a gift you need and/or want. The last several wedding invites I have received included multiple registry cards (Target, Macy's, Keller's, etc.) so that I could choose where to purchase my gift. If you do not include the registry card, no one will know where you are registered.

I was speaking to a bride about that and she said you put them in shower invites, but not your wedding invitations. I told her I was married in the 90's so what did I know??? LOL

krzymomof4 said:
to my understanding, putting them in their wedding invites is a big no no.

Not as much of a no no as it used to be. I prefer when registry info is included in the invite. Saves the extra effort of trying to track down the person to find out where they're registered. I've always viewed it as a courtesy to the guests. My sister is currently planning her wedding and she read somewhere that it's bad form to include registry info. The result is that everyone is calling me to ask where she's registered!

Just depends on the mind-set. :)

I agreeIf you invite 200 people to your wedding, most likely no more than 40 would be included in the shower invites. That's a lot of people left to guess at what you need.

We had this very discussion at my last team meeting (I was married in the 80's and didn't even register). The consultants in their 20's said it is really tacky to put the registry cards in wedding invitations. They said that it's a celebration and registry cards are like "here's what you should get me".

They said that it's perfectly fine to use them in shower invitations (that's the verbage PC uses too btw) but that if guests want to know what to get they will ask around and will get that information from the family or bride's friends.

That's so funnyThe last 3 weddings that I have been invited to - and all very high end - wealthy families - the couples have been early 20 somethings and all had registry cards in their invites. I was not included in the showers for any of these weddings and I would not have know where or what to shop for.

Maybe we are just more relaxed here in CA?

All I know is I appreciate getting the registry cards. My life is so cram-packed and hectic, that it is so much easier getting the card in the invite than having to guess.

Sk8Mom209 said:
The last 3 weddings that I have been invited to - and all very high end - wealthy families - the couples have been early 20 somethings and all had registry cards in their invites. I was not included in the showers for any of these weddings and I would not have know where or what to shop for.

Maybe we are just more relaxed here in CA?

All I know is I appreciate getting the registry cards. My life is so cram-packed and hectic, that it is so much easier getting the card in the invite than having to guess.
I agree that I would prefer to see the cards in the wedding invitations too...

I am new - I am waiting on my kit. I just got married in November. I would never put a registry card in my wedding invite but perhaps in my shower invite. I also did a wedding website on the Knot and listed my Pampered Chef registry. I think this would be a good suggestion for your brides. I am looking forward to seeing the new Wedding Registry for Pampered Chef.

I am from Pennsylvania, and in our area we do not put registry cards in our wedding invites. I'm pretty postive the surrounding areas do not either. In my area it is usually customary to get the bride and groom a gift for the Bridal Shower but to give cash for the wedding. Every wedding that I have ever been to I have never seen any gifts there. I also think every area is different and every bride and groom is different. I think you should leave the decision up to them. Hope I helped. :)

It's interesting to see how different regions and different countries do wedding traditions.- A friend from work got married two weeks after me. They are from Africa. They have sort of modern dowry system still even in the US where they give gifts to the parents like clothing. If they were in their home country they woould traditional give a cow.

I think it definitly depends on the bride of course I got married in 2000 and we put a registry card inside and I had a cousin who just got married and it stated on her invite where she was registered. But my older sister thinks it is very tacky to put one in the invites.

Last edited:
registry cardI am still very new at this and when speaking to the bride to be whos shower I am doing I just asked her if she would like to add registry cards to her wedding invites also. She was very excited that I could offer this option to her and asked if she could have 150 registry cards! :)

Lilke everything else, it's really up to the couple! If they feel comfortable putting them in, they should. If they don't, they shouldn't. I would ask them if they are putting them in invitations for more than one shower and/or their wedding invitations. That would help them decide how many they need.

Emily Post weighs in...I got married in 2003 and read up on Emily Post etiquette during the preparations. According to modern (and not-so-modern) etiquette, it is extremely bad form to include registry information in wedding invitations - technically, brides should not expect gifts from wedding guests, so telling people where you are registered when you send out invites is "greedy." In some cultures, it is expected that GUESTS receive gifts for attending. For the record, I did not include registry information in my invites. I did, however, include small cards (which I made myself) that had our wedding website address on it, saying guests could go there for travel info, etc - and I put the registry info on the website. So there was a way for people to get the info if they wanted to look for it.

On the other hand, my best friend got married a month before I did and she included registry info in her invites. I wasn't bothered by it - but I know that some people of my mom's generation (baby boomers) found it kinda tacky. :confused:

So...I guess I wouldn't tell a bride NOT to include registry info if she was planning on it, but if she asked me what to do I would recommend the website option if she has one. So many sites offer free pages to brides & grooms-to-be, it's easy enough to get one.

Them's my two cents. :D

odd??Maybe it's a local CA thing ~but every single one of my friends (15 couples) and including my own had the registry cards inserted with wedding invite. It's just the norm around here and have never heard any different until this post! The stores give their cards to you while you register and they don't tell you it's not suggested to put into wedding invitatiions and only shower invitations?
Interesting!?

bottom line, it seems like the best way to go is to give the couple wedding registry cards and let them do with as they wish. I guess we could just consider it a tax-decutible wedding gift. ;)

What are Billing Registry Cards and how do they work?

Billing Registry Cards are a convenient way for couples to receive gifts from their wedding registry. These cards can be included in wedding invitations and allow guests to easily purchase gifts from the couple's registry online or over the phone.

How do I request Billing Registry Cards for my wedding?

To request Billing Registry Cards, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service representative. They will be able to assist you in ordering the desired amount of cards for your wedding.

Do I have to pay for the Billing Registry Cards?

No, the Billing Registry Cards are complimentary and there is no charge to you as the couple. However, your guests will be responsible for the cost of shipping and handling when they use the card to purchase a gift.

Can I customize the design of the Billing Registry Cards?

Yes, you can customize the design of the Billing Registry Cards to match your wedding theme or colors. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to provide you with options for customization.

Is there a limit to the number of gifts that can be purchased using the Billing Registry Cards?

No, there is no limit to the number of gifts that can be purchased using the Billing Registry Cards. Guests can use the card multiple times to purchase items from your registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dyanna
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • byrd1956