• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainers

In summary, this magnetic resistance bike trainer is great and we love it. It's a great addition to our workout room and is very affordable. The bike computer is really neat and helps keep track of our progress.
DebPC
Staff member
Recruiting and Your DownlineWho on this board has recruits with a recruit, future directors, directors, or above that?
This section of the board is awfully quiet.

I do not have a large team. However, one of the Consultants in my downline is a Future Director.

Lisa

I have two current consultants that have done a little recruiting. One has 1 the other 2 total (but one looks like a kitnapper and is inactive). I have had 2 futures in the past.

I have two consultants with recruits. One had been a FD before but her original two recruits went inactive.

I have a couple of gals on my team who are looking to promote - yet when we offer "Promote on Purpose" conference calls, none of them attend. I can't figure them out. Like someone said yesterday - they wall WANT to success but are not willing to do the work to get there...

dannyzmom said:
Like someone said yesterday - they wall WANT to success but are not willing to do the work to get there...

That was me. I just do what HO says to do... work with those who are ready and willing. My focus now is more on my biz than anyone else's. Not meaning to sound selfish... if they aren't going to help grow the team, the responsibility rests on me. I don't have a problem with it because I feel like leading the TEAM in sales and recruiting and earning the incentives that I do presents me a good role model.

I have 15 active consultants right now. 2 are FDs, 1 of those has 6 recruits (3 active and qualified, 3 newbies). Both of my FDs have some on their team who have recruited.

It's already confusing trying to keep up with how far down the line they are...I recruited Michelle who recruited Rebecca who recruited Christina. It goes pretty deep. I'm glad they all count in my $4000, but I sure would like to get paid for them too. :p

Colleen,
You are right. One of the most profound things i heard at this years conference was "We are paid for our infleuence'". It's important to walk the talk.

I have 7 in my first line and three of them have one recruit each.

PamperedPosey said:
I have 15 active consultants right now. 2 are FDs, 1 of those has 6 recruits (3 active and qualified, 3 newbies). Both of my FDs have some on their team who have recruited.

It's already confusing trying to keep up with how far down the line they are...I recruited Michelle who recruited Rebecca who recruited Christina. It goes pretty deep. I'm glad they all count in my $4000, but I sure would like to get paid for them too. :p

Unless there is a director between you and them, they are in your first line and you should be getting the 3% override on their sales.

I have 5 on my team right now and am taking control of the recruiting aspect as I too have people that say they want to be a Director by National, but only one of them has recruited! I am looking to set the bar as I REALLY am tired of worrying about if we have enough on the team for me to continue as a Direcotr....if it is to be, it's up to me!

I feel so stupid for not knowing that these are available but now I have one and it's AWESOME! We got a magnetic resistance bike trainer that allows you to ride your bike inside. It was about $150, which is nothing when you compare the price of other types of exercise machines. These also take up very little space (except for your bike). We really love ours so far and it works really well. We have a little workout room set up in the basement and this is a great addition for little expense (assuming you have a bike already).

Do you have a way of measuring how far you go or do you just ride for a certain amount of time?

So many consultants say "I want". but its also important to let them know "If they don't change nothing else will change".
Another point is to keep the business fun for them. If they or you put too much emphesis on that goal- they can get very frustrated and the business is no longer fun.
It's a very fine line.
And yes- when it really comes down to it- it is up to you. I learned that along time ago. Its not my teams responsibility to make sure I have enough recruits or have enough sales- its mine!
I am consistantly thanked by my downline for not being pushy- but instead encouraging and motivating them to meet their goals- not mine. I have many part timers who can't give alot to the business at times.

I had 3 consultants in my first line with recruits when I promoted but only one now and she's a FD. 3 others are saying they want more but aren't walking the walk yet.

I am so excited to say one of my recruits has just recruited her 1st! I am so happy for her because now she is excited about recruiting and sees the big picture. I think it has also boosted her confidence because she is on fire with bookings!! And she is now ready for her next one and wants to promote to FD by January 1st.
It is so exciting to watch your team grow! I am looking forward to a Great 2008 :)

We have a "bike computer" that was about $20 and calculates time, speed, distance, etc. You can attach it to any bike. Pretty neat!

That's great! Two of my very established consultants just got their firsts this fall. All of a sudden they have much more of a stake in the business and are so much more committed. It really can change their outlook and serve as a huge motivator. We'll see if it lasts.

Happy Chef said:
Who on this board has recruits with a recruit, future directors, directors, or above that?
This section of the board is awfully quiet.

I have one director, three Future Directors (with one of them having a downline personal recruit with one recruit) and one other consultant with a personal recruit.

PamperedPosey said:

You do get paid for them, no? Until your recruit becomes a director, they are in YOUR team (3% and $5 each in stead of $7.50). But once they become directors you lose them all and only your new director counts as yours.

How many points do WE get for "developing a director"?

its_me_susan said:
You do get paid for them, no? Until your recruit becomes a director, they are in YOUR team (3% and $5 each in stead of $7.50). But once they become directors you lose them all and only your new director counts as yours.

How many points do WE get for "developing a director"?

As directors we get override and production bonus on everyone in our first line including those recruited by our recruits and even their recruits. When someone promotes, we still get paid for their recruits (1st and 2nd line). At that point we stop getting paid for the recruit's recruits. Higher level get 3rd and 4th line.

At least that's how I understand it.

I believe we get 3000 points for developing a director - it's in the policies.

I have 9 on my team. None of them have recruited. The girl that has been with me the longest is in her 3rd year. She has taken the steps in the right direction and is now interested in recruiting. The rest of them don't seem serious yet about their business to start recruiting.

In the Reward Yourself brochure it says "Directors make 3% commission override on personal sales, sales of your recruits and their recruits." So once they get so deep you don't make $$ on them (except the $5/month) but they count in your $4000 minimum. At least that is how I understand it. It seems to work out that way in my commission checks too.

Ok, it works like this:

I recruited Natalie.
Natalie recruited Julie.
Julie recruited Kelly

I make 3% on Natalie and Julie, nothing on Kelly until I become a Senior Director. Kelly's sales count towards my $4000.

Does that make sense?

I thought that Kelly would be in my first line, but she is not. The reason I didn't make over-rides on Kelly is because when Natalie promotes to Director, Kelly would then be in my 3rd which I do not make over-rides until I am a SD. I would then be penelized for promoting a director. If Natalie or Julie were to quit, then Kelly would move up and then I would make over-rides.

Hope this clears up the confusion!

Michelle

wdpmap said:
Ok, it works like this:

I recruited Natalie.
Natalie recruited Julie.
Julie recruited Kelly

I make 3% on Natalie and Julie, nothing on Kelly until I become a Senior Director. Kelly's sales count towards my $4000.

Does that make sense?

I thought that Kelly would be in my first line, but she is not. The reason I didn't make over-rides on Kelly is because when Natalie promotes to Director, Kelly would then be in my 3rd which I do not make over-rides until I am a SD. I would then be penelized for promoting a director. If Natalie or Julie were to quit, then Kelly would move up and then I would make over-rides.

Michelle

Thanks. I too thought that Kelly was first line until one Natalie or Julie promoted. I do have a hot consultant who will soon have recruits. Her recruiter (my recruit) is working toward directorship. I am glad I learned this before she recruited - I would have been disappointed.

wdpmap said:
Ok, it works like this:

I recruited Natalie.
Natalie recruited Julie.
Julie recruited Kelly

Does that make sense?

Michelle

Well put! :D

So what does everyone plan on doing to promote directors in 2008? I have an FD on the verge of promoting and one other FD, that will probably not maintian that. I have MANY that want to recruit, but can't even make it to FD.

My "Back to work" meeting is tomorrow night. I am going to incorporate one role play session in each meeting.

I have 26 active on my team right now. Tonight I am going to set a team goal and I will share that at a later time. Gotta go...lots to do and little time to do it in!

I am starting a Step-Up class on Jan 28. I have a new FD who wants to be a director but thinks it will take her until next year to promote. I have a brand new consultant that wants to be a director in three months. So I am hoping that this class will boost my FD to promote by the end of May for my TPC year. I want to earn Balanced Business. I also hope this class will keep my consultant focuses on his goals to promote.

Michelle

Great! I too am going to offer this at my meeting tonight! I hope I get a little more enthusiastic than I am now. I am in a real "Debbie Downer" mood (it is a skit that was done on Saturday Night Live). My female chemicals are acting up today and REAL hard for me to "get happy":sick:

Hey baychef,

How did your meeting go last night? I put mine off until Jan 15 this month. How was the response to your step-up class announcement?

I'm going to send out an e-vite to my team about my step-up so they can put it on their calendar and then remind them about it on the 15th. I have four people that are interested.

Michelle

Related to Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainers

1. What is a Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainer?

A Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainer is a piece of equipment designed to enhance your indoor cycling workout. It is a stand that holds your bike in place and provides resistance to simulate outdoor riding.

2. How does a Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainer work?

A Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainer works by using magnets to create resistance against your bike's flywheel, making it harder to pedal. The resistance can be adjusted to simulate different terrains and intensities.

3. Why should I use a Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainer?

Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainers are a great way to continue cycling and training indoors when outdoor conditions are not favorable. They also allow you to customize your workout and track your progress more accurately.

4. What types of bikes are compatible with a Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainer?

Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainers are compatible with most types of bikes, including road bikes, mountain bikes, and hybrid bikes. However, it is important to check the compatibility of your specific bike before purchasing a trainer.

5. Are Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainers easy to set up and use?

Yes, Bike Magnetic Resistance Trainers are relatively easy to set up and use. Most models come with step-by-step instructions and can be assembled in just a few minutes. They also have adjustable features to accommodate different bike sizes and levels of resistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
2 3