• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bigger Dell or Light Weight Dell

In summary, a computer guru suggests getting a new laptop with a smaller processor, and if the new one is lighter and fits in a smaller bag, it may be the better choice.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Ok, I have a Dell Laptop with a large screen, huge processor. the works for a lpa top...however it is very heavy. We just got a new one. It is smaller, but it is lighter and would be easier to carry to shows and to the office. My old one is a Dell 9200 with 2.0 of everything and this new one is a Inspiron 6400 but would break my back less. I has less of a processor so I am wondering if it would slow down my work....Hmmm. Any computer guru's out there who have any suggestions. I mean I know I'll have less memory and all that and I don't play any games. I just don't want to lose the processor if it will hold me back. I will miss my huge screen.
What do you guys think?:confused:

I have a big daddy dell also- and the weight isn't super bad but it doesn't fit in my laptop bag which sucks!!

this one is really cute and I love it....I have the choice which one goes to my step daughter. I just don't know. I don't want to give my my screen and processor, but the weight and new windows vista is awesome. The keys are nice and bouncy and I always get the lap top hand me downs. Don't get me wrong, the hand me downs are usually a month or two old but this one is brand new....so I am torn...lol

I would keep the new one! You will get used to it!

I would see how P3 runs on the new one, and make sure that it can handle it. They are suggesting 512mb of RAM to run it...which means you should really have 1gb, especially running on Vista..which is a huge memory hog. And if it works, then keep the smaller one! I have a 17" for work, and it is HUGE...I love the screen, but my personal 14" is so much lighter and smaller...I just love it, I'd rather deal with the smaller screen. (and I do a lot of designing, and I still don't mind the smaller monitor in exchange for the portability)

yeah it has 1.83gb so it should be fine with that. I have a 19inch at work and I agree I love that too. I am at work now and our IT guys say take the little one, I will be fine and all my programs will be fine. I realy love the VISTA alot...it is great. I think I am pushing towards the little one. It is sooo cute and was soo lite this morning.

Your new one may "seem" to have a smaller processor but doesn't. What are the processor types in each? If you don't know and don't mind PMing me the serial #s of each, I can look them up for you. I deal mostly Dells here at work (over 400 - including about 25 laptops). You're probably just fine with your new one.

Jilleysue said:
yeah it has 1.83gb so it should be fine with that. I have a 19inch at work and I agree I love that too. I am at work now and our IT guys say take the little one, I will be fine and all my programs will be fine. I realy love the VISTA alot...it is great. I think I am pushing towards the little one. It is sooo cute and was soo lite this morning.

Take the little one then! It should be just fine :)

Jilley - missed that about your IT guys - they should have decent advice and you are fine. Have fun with it!

For what you do... you sound FINE with the new one. I don't know the exact stats, but for most people, the computers we have are really super over-powered.I push my computer (desktop) to the limits a bit more, but I use it for gaming, too... otherwise I wouldn't come close to touching its potential!

I have the Inspirion 6000 with the wide screen and I love it. Not really heavy and works great.

I have been lugging my laptop to shows for 3 years. It is arround 7lbs and I am ready for something smaller! I think the little 4lb machines are very cute! I played with one at the comp store for a while. Now while I do think it will take some getting used to the smaller screen and keyboard I'm thinking it will all be worth it for portability!

I have been researching new laptops for about 2 months. Personally I'm not going vista yet but I would say anything that has come out within the last year or so should do just fine with P3. Now from what I have read if you are going to run Vista and P3 I wouls have at least 2 gig of ram.

Just my opinions and experience. I am by no means a computer expert!

Related to Bigger Dell or Light Weight Dell

What is the difference between the Bigger Dell and the Light Weight Dell?

The Bigger Dell is a larger version of the Light Weight Dell, with a bigger capacity and more durable construction. The Light Weight Dell is smaller and more compact, making it easier to transport and store.

Which Dell is better for large batches of food?

The Bigger Dell is better for large batches of food, as it has a larger capacity and can hold more ingredients at once. This makes it ideal for cooking for a large group or meal prepping.

Is there a significant weight difference between the two Dells?

Yes, there is a noticeable weight difference between the Bigger Dell and the Light Weight Dell. The Bigger Dell is heavier due to its larger size and sturdier construction, while the Light Weight Dell is designed to be lightweight and portable.

Can the Light Weight Dell handle heavy or dense ingredients?

The Light Weight Dell is better suited for lighter, less dense ingredients such as fruits and vegetables. The Bigger Dell, with its larger capacity and sturdier construction, can handle heavier and denser ingredients such as meats and dough.

Which Dell is more suitable for everyday use?

Both the Bigger Dell and the Light Weight Dell are designed for everyday use, but it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and cooking needs. If you tend to cook larger meals or for a larger group, the Bigger Dell may be a better option. If you prefer a more compact and portable option, the Light Weight Dell may be a better fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Careyann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Careyann
  • RossDeb2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • nikkijo