• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing a Laptop Battery: What to Do Next?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of a Dell laptop not turning on despite replacing the battery. The person providing information mentions that keeping a battery plugged in can damage it over time and advises double-checking the model number of the replacement battery. They also mention the decrease in quality of Dell computers in recent years.
RCKmom
My Dell laptop died a few weeks ago. It had been saying the battery was reaching the end of it's charging life. I let it go as long as it would. I ordered a new battery off of ebay. The battery arrived yesterday and I put it in and started charging it. When I went to bed last night the battery light was on, but when I got up this morning it was off and my computer still will not cut on. Is there anything else I need to do when I replace a battery? Thanks in advance!:p

I'm sorry that happened to you!
Side question though, how long did your laptop battery last? Does it extend the life of the battery if you keep it plugged in most times?

I keep it plugged in almost all of the time. The new battery said to let it charge for 10 hours before using it. It has been plugged up since about 5:00 yesterday evening and it still won't cut on.

Just so you know, if you keep a battery plugged in (computer, cell phone, ipod, etc) even after the battery is fully charged, it will actually damage the battery cells and keep the battery from holding it's charge over time. I sell computers/electronics at a retail store for my "regular" job, and this is the biggest/most common problem that we see with our customers. Usually when you replace a computer battery, once it's chaged and in the computer it should power on as usual. I would double check that the numbers on the new battery match EXACTLY to the original one. Even though it fits, if even one model number is different it might not be the right battery. How old is your Dell? It may not have been just the battery that went bad. Over the last several years, Dell's quality has been going downhill. I have several customers that come in to replace their Dell computers after having them for less than 2 years.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your laptop troubles. When replacing a battery, it's important to make sure that the new battery is fully charged before using it. It's also a good idea to check the connections and make sure they are secure. If the laptop still won't turn on, you may want to try a hard reset by removing the battery and holding down the power button for 30 seconds before reinserting the battery and trying to turn it on again. If that doesn't work, it may be a good idea to bring it to a professional for further assistance. Let me know if you need any additional help! - Your Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I know when it's time to replace my laptop battery?

There are a few signs that indicate it may be time to replace your laptop battery. These include a significantly reduced battery life, the battery not holding a charge even after being fully charged, and the laptop shutting off unexpectedly.

2. Can I use any type of battery to replace my laptop battery?

No, it is important to use a battery that is compatible with your specific laptop model. Using the wrong type of battery can damage your laptop and potentially be a safety hazard. Make sure to research and purchase the correct battery for your laptop.

3. How do I replace my laptop battery?

The process for replacing a laptop battery varies depending on the model, but generally, it involves turning off the laptop, removing the old battery, and inserting the new one. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and handle the battery carefully to avoid any damage.

4. How long will my new laptop battery last?

The lifespan of a laptop battery depends on various factors such as usage, charging habits, and the quality of the battery. On average, a new battery can last anywhere from 1-3 years before needing to be replaced again.

5. What should I do with my old laptop battery?

It is important to dispose of your old laptop battery properly. Many electronic stores or recycling companies offer battery recycling programs. You can also check with your local government for any designated battery disposal locations. Do not throw your old battery in the trash as it can be harmful to the environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikkijo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • PampMomof3