• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Big Announcement Being Made Tomorrow

In summary, my director told me there is a HUGE announcement being made tomorrow that will benefit consultants greatly. Be watching CC for it!
ME! <high 5's> :chef:

Sandi

Yay!! I'll be a director again!! :)

I am excited about it too, even though as it appears the only difference is $30 PC$ vs. $25 cash.And no, I do not want to be a director. Never have. This is the side biz. My job is my career. However, since I'm not big on recruiting (still looking to sign my first but not sure how far she'll go) it gives me hope that maybe my recruiter will promote some day! Want a new director but not badly enough to resign and re-sign. Would not do that to her, or to me, esp. with being so close to $15K in sales.

I will be walking, jumping, dancing, wooting, whooping, hollering, jigging, jiggling, giggling, and crying at the same time when I walk on that stage!

ChefCKHall said:
I will be walking, jumping, dancing, wooting, whooping, hollering, jigging, jiggling, giggling, and crying at the same time when I walk on that stage!

We will be doing all of that together then! I can't wait and am so excited about this!! :chef:

Shelby, I sent out an e-mail to the team about 3 hours ago. Yes, if Annastastasia and Karen don't make it before March (which I suspect that they will make it sooner), then they should both qualify in March. They both have the personal sales and team sales. Karen got the structure in Nov, but is waiting on the activity. Annastasia needed one more SC line. Katie has 5 & will need a 6th for the new plan. Then I'll need a 2nd line D and I can promote to SD! :D

heather223 said:
I am so excited about this announcement. This company truely does care about us and I wouldn't want to be part of any other DS company.

Who is walking as a new director with me at Conference? I originally promoted Sept. of 2009 and then lost my title and couldn't get it back because of needing 2 Senior Consultants. I have no doubt that I will re-promote to director and KEEP my title this time!

Bad news for you, I don't think you can walk if you already promoted once, even if you didn't walk before. But I could be mistaken.

I WOULD HAVE BEEN DIRECTOR DECEMBER 1ST HAD THIS BEEN ACTIVE!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! IT'S FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

I was actually eligible to attend my first director meeting on Friday so I heard all about it then. It's very exciting to hear this kind of announcement. They can try something for a while and if it's not working, they are allowed to change it. The way it was worded to us was that for Canada the system in place seems to be working just fine so they won't be changing their structure.

I am really pumped. I would have been a director in October under the new plan!! Only bummer, I wish you could accept or not accept directorship and not take pay raise if you are not going to be a director!! My director falls in and out of directorship and my upline director does everything for me!! I hate that my director(when she is active) gets all the money when I actually do the work and hold meetings. She only reaps the rewards. And my upline does incentives for me and my team!

Also, I was the one who originally posted this thread. I didn't mean to start any big drama with posting it. I work weird hours and I was pumped to see the news. I was only given a hint from my director, but wanted everyone to know so they too could be checking their emails and cc!! Very sorry for those of you who were offended.

cookn' katie said:
I am really pumped. I would have been a director in October under the new plan!! Only bummer, I wish you could accept or not accept directorship and not take pay raise if you are not going to be a director!! My director falls in and out of directorship and my upline director does everything for me!! I hate that my director(when she is active) gets all the money when I actually do the work and hold meetings. She only reaps the rewards. And my upline does incentives for me and my team!

The good part is that now you will be able to achieve and maintain directorship so much more easily! So, you won't have to be frustrated by a director who does nothing while you are acting as a director for your team. :thumbup::thumbup:

cookn' katie said:
Also, I was the one who originally posted this thread. I didn't mean to start any big drama with posting it. I work weird hours and I was pumped to see the news. I was only given a hint from my director, but wanted everyone to know so they too could be checking their emails and cc!! Very sorry for those of you who were offended.

There will always be the perpetually offended. :rolleyes:

cookn' katie said:

There are many of us like that. March will be here quickly :)

No apologies needed. Sometimes people get so excited about things (myself included) that really would be better off just waiting and seeing what's going to happen. We all knew it was good surprise but sometimes it is so hard to wait. I need to learn patience. Something I have yet to master.

Yes, we were all impatiently waiting, but wasn't your anticipation level off the charts? Consider too that sometimes creating a buzz about something may be just what someone needs at this point in their businesses. Personally I'm thinking I can actually hit Directorship before NC this year and walk and maybe quit the ol' j.o.b. and that, my friends, is truly exciting!

chefa said:
Yes, we were all impatiently waiting, but wasn't your anticipation level off the charts? Consider too that sometimes creating a buzz about something may be just what someone needs at this point in their businesses. Personally I'm thinking I can actually hit Directorship before NC this year and walk and maybe quit the ol' j.o.b. and that, my friends, is truly exciting!

That's what was so exciting about this announcement! The Pampered Chef has just given us such a gift! It is now the easiest and most attainable to achieve and maintain directorship that it has been since I've been with the company! SO MANY who have been working and doing a great job, but just couldn't get all of the variables in place at the same time - and now it's so straightforward!

I'm excited for me (because it's been a struggle every month since I promoted!) and I'm excited for so many of you too!

ShelbyMichalek said:
After knowing the news do you still not want to be a director?

Haha. That's still a no! But I am glad for those of you who are excited!

cookn' katie said:

No harm done here. I'm thankful for the reminder! Maybe ill make director before NC!?

ChefBeckyD said:
There will always be the perpetually offended. :rolleyes:

:thumbup::thumbup: Ain't that the truth, sister. :D

ShellBeach said:
ShelbyMichalek said:
After knowing the news do you still not want to be a director?
Haha. That's still a no! But I am glad for those of you who are excited!

Here are my paycheck amounts for the last 6 months. What I would have made as a consultant with $15,000 in Career Sales & what I actually did make with the Home Office Lead commission & team overrides added:

July
  • Personal Sales: $2001.04
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $500.26
  • Amount of HO Leads: $211.50
  • Cluster Sales: $9,980.20
  • Actual Paycheck: $952.54
  • Difference: $397.74

August
  • Personal Sales: $1016.06
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $243.85
  • Amount of HO Leads: $271.25
  • Cluster Sales: $13,672.24
  • Actual Paycheck: $842.00
  • Difference: $598.15

September
  • Personal Sales: $689.70
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $151.73
  • Amount of HO Leads: $303.50
  • Cluster Sales: $17,464.74
  • Actual Paycheck: $912.30
  • Difference: $760.57

October
  • Personal Sales: $986.02
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $236.64
  • Amount of HO Leads: $490.95
  • Cluster Sales: $27,471.23
  • Actual Paycheck: $1,363.38
  • Difference: $1,126.74

November
  • Personal Sales: $905.32
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $217.28
  • Amount of HO Leads: $637.50
  • Cluster Sales: $27,674.27
  • Actual Paycheck: $1,495.93
  • Difference: $1,278.65

Sometimes seeing it in black & white helps. That's $4,161.85 MORE in the last 6 months for having Home Office Leads AND for being a Director (making 3% override on the team.) ;)

NOW do you want to be a Director? :D Since you are not in my downline, it really shouldn't matter to me if you become a Director or not, but I want you to be educated in the difference and make an informed decision! ;)

Sheila ~

Thanks for sharing. You are right seeing it in black and white does put it all in perspective. My goal is Director by next year!

Happy to help! :D

Sheila,

That's awesome! Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, Thank you Shelia. I hope to promote next year as well.

esavvymom said:
I'm nowhere near the 6 needed....but it is much more encouraging to me for myself and the goal of Director again. BUT, I need to get my own sales up before too many recruits- otherwise it would be for nothing. :D

Ditto, Ditto :D

Thanks for sharing Sheila!

First time as being paid as director here, here is my breakdown (WAHOO)

Commission: $3,313.31
Recruiting Bonus: $150.00
Overrides: $682.93
Activity Bonus: $90.00
TOTAL $4,236.24

Whoop whoop, that is ALOT OF OVERRIDE

Love being a DIRECTOR!

What is the "Amount of HO Leads" section mean? Sales from HO Leads?

minirottie said:
What is the "Amount of HO Leads" section mean? Sales from HO Leads?

Yes, that's what it means. Last December, I had $1000 in Home Office lead orders! Orders that just magically appeared every day! LOVE IT!!!

loreo said:
There are many of us like that. March will be here quickly :)

Lori - you were on my mind instantly when I heard about this!

wadesgirl said:
I was actually eligible to attend my first director meeting on Friday so I heard all about it then. It's very exciting to hear this kind of announcement. They can try something for a while and if it's not working, they are allowed to change it. The way it was worded to us was that for Canada the system in place seems to be working just fine so they won't be changing their structure.

This doesn't surprise me. The career plan that all of the US consultants have been working with (and continue until March 2011) has only just come in affect in Canada in March of this year. IMO, PChef probably wanted to give it "a fair shake" before changing the Career Plan here yet again.

I am not close to the Director level, so I can't say if the current plan would or would not work for me. From what has been posted on this thread and others in the past regarding the current Career Plan and some of the challenges, it does sound as if the changes will make a difference for a lot of you. For that, I am glad there will be Cheffers who will "automatically" see a better paycheque in March....and glad for others who feel the changes will make a difference in their biz; give them a boost and help to set new goals for themselves.

YAY for everyone who is excited again about their biz!!

Cheers,
d.

Sheila said:
Here are my paycheck amounts for the last 6 months. What I would have made as a consultant with $15,000 in Career Sales & what I actually did make with the Home Office Lead commission & team overrides added:

July
  • Personal Sales: $2001.04
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $500.26
  • Amount of HO Leads: $211.50
  • Cluster Sales: $9,980.20
  • Actual Paycheck: $952.54
  • Difference: $397.74

August
  • Personal Sales: $1016.06
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $243.85
  • Amount of HO Leads: $271.25
  • Cluster Sales: $13,672.24
  • Actual Paycheck: $842.00
  • Difference: $598.15

September
  • Personal Sales: $689.70
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $151.73
  • Amount of HO Leads: $303.50
  • Cluster Sales: $17,464.74
  • Actual Paycheck: $912.30
  • Difference: $760.57

October
  • Personal Sales: $986.02
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $236.64
  • Amount of HO Leads: $490.95
  • Cluster Sales: $27,471.23
  • Actual Paycheck: $1,363.38
  • Difference: $1,126.74

November
  • Personal Sales: $905.32
  • What I would have made as a Consultant: $217.28
  • Amount of HO Leads: $637.50
  • Cluster Sales: $27,674.27
  • Actual Paycheck: $1,495.93
  • Difference: $1,278.65

Sometimes seeing it in black & white helps. That's $4,161.85 MORE in the last 6 months for having Home Office Leads AND for being a Director (making 3% override on the team.) ;)

NOW do you want to be a Director? :D Since you are not in my downline, it really shouldn't matter to me if you become a Director or not, but I want you to be educated in the difference and make an informed decision! ;)

Were you "paid as" a director with personal sales of 689 or is that a paid as TL check? Either way.. great overrides. Just curious. :D

I am personally so excited about the change in the Career plan. I have been a Director for 4 1/2 years, obviously 2 under the new plan. The last 2 years have been some of the hardest of my business. Mainly because they kept saying we were being paid based on our performance, when in reality we were being paid based on what our team did/didn't do. Now, we will be responsible for our levels yet again! I felt like I had a 2000 pound weight lifted off of my shoulders! I still am shocked but so thankful for this wonderful company that does listen when we talk!! It difinitely makes me want to keep going and actually gives me hope for the next levels as well!!!

chezshelly said:
I am personally so excited about the change in the Career plan. I have been a Director for 4 1/2 years, obviously 2 under the new plan. The last 2 years have been some of the hardest of my business. Mainly because they kept saying we were being paid based on our performance, when in reality we were being paid based on what our team did/didn't do. Now, we will be responsible for our levels yet again! I felt like I had a 2000 pound weight lifted off of my shoulders! I still am shocked but so thankful for this wonderful company that does listen when we talk!! It difinitely makes me want to keep going and actually gives me hope for the next levels as well!!!

I could have written that myself - as well as many other directors, I imagine.

It was frustrating (to say the least) to have 10-12 active, and $10000 in team sales, but miss being paid as a director because of $150 not being submitted. AND then to know that your upline for several levels would also not be paid at their level because of the same $150. It was so hard.

I too have felt a huge burden lifted off my shoulders.

It made me feel so good on the Director call last week to hear others voicing the exact same thing I had been feeling for the last 2 years! But thank heavens we work with a company that cares!!!! That makes me so appreciative!!!

Thanks everyone, hope seeing the numbers help!

Becky, once you add in the HO Leads, it bumped me over the requirement. Every month was paid as Director. My team rocks and I have not yet been "paid as" a lower level. ;)

I'm so happy for all of you!
Sheila, you are sure to fire some people up who are on the fence about recruiting by posting some numbers to compare.

For myself, I am a hobbyist. Due to my other jobs & life activities I would not have the time to devote to a downline. In my hobby career with PC I've had 3 different "directors" who only sent emails when they wanted a goal for themselves. I had some recruits who fell into my lap (they were personal friends) and we learned together until they quit. I got more info to pass onto them here from Chef Success than from any of my directors.

In great contrast to my directors, you are definitely earning your director pay - not just you Sheila, but others here - I can tell by your posts! You have cluster meetings, you coach your recruits, you help out other random consultants here on Chef Success. You are earning that director pay and you are putting in the time to do it!

It's all good and I am glad to hear this announcement! Always good to know there are options out there.

Sheila said:
Thanks everyone, hope seeing the numbers help!

Becky, once you add in the HO Leads, it bumped me over the requirement. Every month was paid as Director. My team rocks and I have not yet been "paid as" a lower level. ;)

Gotcha. I was confused seeing personal sales being 689. Your team rocking does rock. It needs to be understood for newer consultants that there is a personal sales requirement to maintain the structure as well. ;)

I haven't been paying attention to Director requirements and benefits too much lately. I'm sure that will change in 2011 as I approach Directorship ;) So here's my question...

With the adjustment to the career plan on March 1, will people who promote to Director with the new plan be eligible to get the Spring Product Director Package if they met the sales requirement in the preceeding months?

Becca_in_MD said:
I haven't been paying attention to Director requirements and benefits too much lately. I'm sure that will change in 2011 as I approach Directorship ;) So here's my question...

With the adjustment to the career plan on March 1, will people who promote to Director with the new plan be eligible to get the Spring Product Director Package if they met the sales requirement in the preceeding months?

They didn't say anything about the Director package benefit changing - so yes, I believe so.

Becky, that's what I thought, too. Just from what people have posted on this thread, that could be a lot of new product going out to new Directors in March. Good for them!

Becca_in_MD said:
OK friends up north, let's see how much I can butcher this summary. It's effective March 1, 2011

recruiting bonus to be $30 for consultants at all levels, paid in PC dollars (currently at $25 for below Director levels); recruit still has to reach $1250 in 90 days for consultant to get bonus; PC bucks credited at end of month when recruit qualifies.

Director will need 4 direct and a total of 6 team consultants; no need for 2 Senior Consultants; do not need to be qualified, just active, recruits to reach Director status; 2nd line consultants will count toward the 6 required so a single TL on your team can make you a Director if you have 3 other direct recruits, or if you have 6 direct recruits you can still be a Director. NO NEED FOR YOUR TEAM TO RECRUIT FOR YOU TO PROMOTE.

Director Team sales requirement increases from $4,000 to $5,000.

There's more info about upper level director requirements and timelines for bypass, etc. PC gives a nice explanation of why they're making the changes.

As we in the UK can't see your announcement, and are curious I just wondered if you'd would be able to post the details of the upper level structure?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chanddl
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • chefcharity