• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Best Suggestions to "Work" December and the Holidays

In summary, Debi's December schedule has vanished and she is feeling disappointed, but she knows that everyone is busy and offers some advice on how to make the holidays work around her schedule. She recommends sending postcards with your website information on them as a way to generate web orders and also suggests hosting a "Host Appreciation" day to thank past hosts and try and get them to order for the holidays. Carolyn has been successful in increasing her average show attendance in the past by sending out catalogs and hosting individual orders.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
My December schedule has VANISHED. It really sucks but I know EVERYONE is busy. What would be your BEST suggestion to make something out of nothing around the holidays? I don't want to "bug" my customers so I would love one or two ideas that are almost guaranteed to be fantastic.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Debi, last year I sent postcards out with my website on them. I got ALOT of web orders and more than a few phone calls because I put on the card something about "if you don't want to pay full price for your gifts, give me a call". I booked 2 shows from that!

Also, if you don't already do this, have a "Host Appreciation" day-invote BY PHONE all of this years past host's and make dinner for them. Have small goodies to give away and see if they need to order for the holidays. If nothing else comes from this, you'll probably book January shows!

Good luck!

Catalog shows!!! I sent out an email saying "pass catalogs to let your coworkers do some Christmas shopping and you get the host benefits" and I booked two catalog shows within a couple hours.

Also, individual orders as Margaret said.

chefmeg said:
Hi Debi, last year I sent postcards out with my website on them. I got ALOT of web orders and more than a few phone calls because I put on the card something about "if you don't want to pay full price for your gifts, give me a call". I booked 2 shows from that!

Also, if you don't already do this, have a "Host Appreciation" day-invote BY PHONE all of this years past host's and make dinner for them. Have small goodies to give away and see if they need to order for the holidays. If nothing else comes from this, you'll probably book January shows!

Good luck!

Where did you get these postcards? Or did you make them? If you made them would you share the file?

hmmmmm...I think they were ones we could get from Nancy with ornaments all over them-I had had them lying around forever and finally came up with a use for them! I stapled my business card to them and then stuck a sticker on it with the booking info. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make one of your own-I think you can purchase precut card stock in post card size and just go from there!

By the way Carolyn KUDOS!!!! I saw your name on the Top 50 for the first 2 shows average! I think it was just a week or so ago that you were down enough to want to cry and look at you now!!!

chefmeg said:
hmmmmm...I think they were ones we could get from Nancy with ornaments all over them-I had had them lying around forever and finally came up with a use for them! I stapled my business card to them and then stuck a sticker on it with the booking info. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make one of your own-I think you can purchase precut card stock in post card size and just go from there!

By the way Carolyn KUDOS!!!! I saw your name on the Top 50 for the first 2 shows average! I think it was just a week or so ago that you were down enough to want to cry and look at you now!!!

Thanks Margaret!

1. What are some tips for staying organized during the busy holiday season?

During the holidays, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed with all the tasks and events. To stay organized, try creating a schedule or to-do list with specific deadlines. This will help you prioritize and stay on top of everything. Also, consider using a planner or calendar to keep track of important dates and events. And don't be afraid to delegate tasks to others to lighten your load.

2. How can I effectively promote holiday sales and specials?

Social media is a great way to promote your holiday sales and specials. Create eye-catching graphics and share them on your company's social media pages. You can also send out email blasts to your customers and offer exclusive discounts or promotions. Additionally, partnering with other businesses or influencers to cross-promote can help expand your reach.

3. What are some creative ideas for holiday-themed cooking demos?

Holiday cooking demos are a great way to showcase your products and inspire customers to purchase. Consider hosting a cookie decorating party, a holiday cocktail hour, or a Thanksgiving side dish demo. You can also offer recipe cards or samples of your featured dishes to entice customers to buy.

4. How can I make sure my inventory is stocked for the busy holiday season?

Start by looking at your sales data from previous holiday seasons to get an idea of which products are most popular. Use this information to determine how much inventory to order. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case certain items sell out quickly. Consider offering similar products or creating special holiday bundles to keep customers satisfied.

5. How can I provide exceptional customer service during the hectic holiday season?

The key to providing great customer service during the holidays is to be prepared and stay calm. Make sure your team is well-trained and knowledgeable about your products. Be patient and understanding with customers, as they may be feeling stressed during this time. And don't forget to thank them for their business and wish them a happy holiday season!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jane
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Bill Faber