• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Snack Ideas for a Guys' Poker Party | Open House at My Place

In summary, the girls are going to a open house at my house this Saturday, and my husband is having a poker party in his man cave. They will be hungry after shopping so I provided some pizza crackers and a salad dressing mix with dill weed and onion powder or salt to make it tasty.
CarrieB
Gold Member
Well I have a open house this Saturday at my house. While the girls are shopping with me my husband is hosting a poker party in his "man cave". Do you know of a good snack to provide for them (and hopefully entice them)? Thanks!

Oyster Snack Crackers2 pkg. Oyster crackers
1 cup vegetable oil
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. onion powder or salt OR ½ tsp. garlic powder or saltMix last four ingredients and pour on crackers – shake or stir once every 15 minutes for about an hour then serve.Posted for Rae earlier! :) Quick and easy and addicting...

PizzaMy husband could eat pizza everyday for the rest of his life! Here are some good recipes:

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 package (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust

2 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped

1/2 cup celery, chopped

4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 tbsp fresh parsley, snipped

1/2 cup ketchup

1 tablespoon vinegar

1 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 garlic cloves, pressed

1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped

1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly sprinkle a rectangle stone with flour. Unroll pizza crust onto stone: roll out to edge.

Remove core & seeds from tomatoes. Coarsely chop tomatoes and celery with a knife; place in a bowl. Grate cheese into bowl using grater. Add parsley snipped with kitchen shears; set aside.

In small bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, pepper sauce, salt and garlic. Chop chicken. Add chicken to sauce mixture; mix well using. Spread chicken mixture evenly over dough; top evenly with cheese mixture.

Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cut into squares using pizza cutter. Drizzle with dressing. Serve

Yield: 10 servings

Family Style Calzone

Recipe:
1 egg, separated
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/2 cups)
2 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 pouch (16 ounces) Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning Mix
1 1/4 cups very warm water (120º-130ºF)
4 ounces sliced pepperoni, divided

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Separate egg over a small bowl using an egg separator; beat lightly. Set egg yolk aside, covered, for later use. Chop olives. Snip parsley. Grate mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Add olives, parsley, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of the parmesan cheese to a bowl; mix well.

2. In a bowl, combine Pizza Crust & Roll Mix with yeast packet and seasoning mix. Add warm water and stir until mixture forms a ball.

3. Turn dough out onto well-floured cutting board. With floured hands, gently knead dough 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Flour both sides of dough; roll out one piece of dough to edge of cutting board using a pizza roller. Place dough in bottom of rectangular baker, shaping to cover bottom.

4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Layer half of the pepperoni over cheese. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over pepperoni. Top with remaining pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.

5. Roll out remaining dough and place over filling. Press dough all around edge to seal with bottom crust. Brush surface of dough with reserved egg yolk using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Using a cutter, cut a decorative X pattern over surface of dough, creating holes in top layer, for steam to escape. Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Smoky BBQ Chicken Pizza

1 refrigerated Pillsbury pizza crust
2 cups cooked chicken breasts or 8 oz can chicken meat
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1 clove garlic
1 small red onion
1/2 small green bell pepper
8 oz block mozzarella cheese, shredded

Roll out this pizza crust. Mix garlic, bbq sauce and chicken. Spread mixture evenly over crust. Cover pizza with half the shredded mozzarella cheese. Chop green pepper and sprinkle on pizza. Slice onion and lay on pizza. Add remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake @ 325° for 20 - 25 minutes.

Debbie :D

Besides Beer?

JERK CHICKEN NACHOS!He'd have to pull 'em out of the oven, but that's about it.Or maybe ... beer BREAD.

Pizza Dip, Artichoke dip. Touchdown taco dip. Any dip for that matter.

Related to Best Snack Ideas for a Guys' Poker Party | Open House at My Place

1. What are some easy and quick snack ideas for a guys' poker party?

Some easy and quick snack ideas for a guys' poker party include chips and dip, mini sandwiches, vegetable platters with ranch dip, and cheese and crackers.

2. Can you suggest some healthier snack options for a poker party?

Yes, some healthier snack options for a poker party could include fruit skewers, veggie cups with hummus, air-popped popcorn, and homemade trail mix.

3. Are there any make-ahead snack ideas that would work well for a poker party?

Absolutely! Some make-ahead snack ideas for a poker party include meat and cheese platters, deviled eggs, and mini quiches. These can all be prepared the day before and stored in the fridge until the party.

4. How can I incorporate a theme into my snack choices for a poker party?

One fun way to incorporate a theme into your snack choices for a poker party is to create a "build-your-own" food station. For example, you could have a nacho bar with different toppings, a slider bar with various burger toppings, or a build-your-own pizza station with different toppings and sauces.

5. Do you have any suggestions for snacks that can accommodate dietary restrictions?

Yes, for snacks that can accommodate dietary restrictions, you could offer a variety of options such as gluten-free crackers and chips, dairy-free dips and spreads, and vegan or vegetarian options such as hummus and veggie platters. You could also ask your guests about any specific dietary restrictions beforehand and make sure to have options available for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwagner75
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • rancherswife
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rancherswife
  • Skidget