• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Being "Forced" Into Making Calls...

In summary, some people don't like the idea of making customer care calls at a training. Some people feel that it's a good way to show that they can do it. Others think that it's a lot of noise and that it would be distracting.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay I know this may get a little touchy but I've ran into a situation that I don't know what to do.

I have a training going on in April and I just found out that we are required to all sit down at the same time and make customer care calls. I really don't like this kind of "pressure" or the fact that I have to do this. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Is this a cluster meeting? Is your director the one making this requirement?

You could always "skip" this meeting. I don't like being forced to make them, either. Our cluster occasionally has booking blitz meetings and I seem to have all the bookings I want, so I skip those.

It's not someting that I would want to do either. Maybe you should conveniently 'forget' your contact list?

That being said.....take a list of people you are comfortable calling and talking to about the biz or hosting. I've heard amazing results from this type of training. Hopefully, it's only for a short time period that you are calling and it's really aimed to show you that YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! It's uncomfortable to be forced to do it - but you'll get over that pretty quick. Go for it!

We did something like this but it was a booking/customer care call blitz.
we weren't "forced" to do it, but I have to say I like doing the calls with others and who ever had the most calls and/or booking etc.. won something from our director.
It really made me do something that I always dread!

Kelly V.

added: Are you doing this at a meeting or at home?

Last edited:
I don't participate in these types of meetings either. When I call, I like to have my computer (P3) in front of me with the customer info (what they ordered from who), etc.

And, most importantly, I DON'T give my cell phone # out. If I made calls at a meeting I would have to use my cell phone, which would show up in Caller ID's of who I was calling.

Plus, for anyone who has done this- what is the "noise" level when you do this all together? I would think it could be distracting if others are all chatting on the phone at the same time.??

kam said:
....... When I call, I like to have my computer (P3) in front of me with the customer info (what they ordered from who), etc. ......

Me too! I like to cross reference what they bought, which show I met them at, and double check that I have their correct contact info.

kam said:
I don't participate in these types of meetings either. When I call, I like to have my computer (P3) in front of me with the customer info (what they ordered from who), etc.

And, most importantly, I DON'T give my cell phone # out. If I made calls at a meeting I would have to use my cell phone, which would show up in Caller ID's of who I was calling.

Plus, for anyone who has done this- what is the "noise" level when you do this all together? I would think it could be distracting if others are all chatting on the phone at the same time.??

I don't do them either - for this same reason. My home phone is my business phone (That's why I have Vonage - unlimited local and long distance for one low price!:)) Occasionally I will make a business call from my cell, but I try not to. We have a very low minutes plan, and share the minutes (With DH), so I don't want all of my hosts, etc...calling my cell.**

And yes, the ones I have participated in (way back when I first started), the noise level was very distracting. I'm glad that now, when we do a booking blitz or other phone challenge, my director has us do it from home and then call in our results to her.

**(This doesn't apply to those of you here who have my cell # - you can feel free to call!:love:)

Related to Being "Forced" Into Making Calls...

1. What does it mean to be "forced" into making calls?

Being "forced" into making calls refers to a situation where an individual feels pressured or obligated to make calls, usually for work-related purposes. This can happen when an employee is given a quota or goal to meet, or when their job duties specifically involve making calls.

2. Is making calls a common requirement for a job at Pampered Chef?

Yes, making calls is a common requirement for many roles at Pampered Chef. As a direct sales company, our consultants and employees often need to reach out to customers, prospects, or team members via phone to build relationships, promote products, or provide support.

3. What if I am uncomfortable or inexperienced with making calls?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that not everyone is comfortable with making calls. We provide training and resources to help our employees and consultants feel more confident and successful in their calling efforts. We also encourage open communication and support from team members and managers to help overcome any fears or challenges.

4. Can I use other methods of communication instead of making calls?

While making calls is an important part of our business, we also understand the value of using different methods of communication. We encourage our employees and consultants to utilize various channels such as email, social media, and text messaging to reach out to customers and team members.

5. How can I make my calls more effective and productive?

To make your calls more effective and productive, it is important to have a clear purpose or goal for each call. Prepare a script or talking points beforehand, and make sure to listen actively and address any concerns or questions from the other party. It can also be helpful to schedule a specific time for your calls and track your progress to measure your success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies