• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are customer accounts necessary for my website?

In summary, Beth is concerned about the new changes to the customer account system and what it will mean for her business. She is also excited about the 1250 enhancement. Others on the call have no concerns.
Intrepid_Chef said:
I have a different question. Say my host doesn't use e-vites (most of mine are not really computer people and I'm lucky if they check e-mail!) and so Sally Guest enters my PWS. When she gets there, she sees a list of shows she is "invited to or hosting." Well what if she's not signed in, is not on my guest list, and just found the show. Will she still be able to find Jane Host's party and place an order?

Also, if Gina Guest has been to another consultant's show but now wants to order from Heather Host's show ... will she instead be encouraged to order from "Other Consultant's" page?

And inquiring minds want to know about the "1250" thing.

I couldnt even wager any thoughts on the first two, but the 1250 thing....from what I read in the FAQ about the new Lead system - ANY consultant who has $1250 in sales the previous month will be eligible for leads that month. (sell $1250 in May, get leads in June). No career status required, or recruiting requirements, or multiple months.

I like that. It would be rare for me, but I'm sure team leaders and directors will be upset about it.

Well the 1250 new new lead thing going on is what I'm not sure I like . This is what I'm thinking , not a big incentive to become a Team leader .

Ok a person gets 5 consultants to pick from she talks to me for a while about business she is ready to sign , then she shows her sister the LIST her sister says oh go with is consultant instead cause she I'd a party for me a few years ago ...... Now she joins with the other consultant that her sister suggested BUT I basically was the one that got her interested cause we spoke for a while ect I just lost that lead ( not too good )
Now this keeps going on when do I ever get picked , I may be getting my name passed out to leads but how long will it take to get picked .
Just a thought I know we have to see it play out just some thoughts

I like the 1250 lead change. It rewards EVERYONE who is working their business. Not everyone wants to be a TL, D, AD, etc... If you want the extra income and perks that come with those positions you can still work to achieve those things.

This coming from someone who usually has to choose her full-time job over PC and will still not qualify for leads. Honestly, maybe the ability to get the leads will help me work my business more which will lead to promotions. I want to promote, but would rather work it slower so that the achievement is sustainable when I reach it rather than scrambling every month to try to maintain something I wasn't quite ready for.

chef131doreen said:
Well the 1250 new new lead thing going on is what I'm not sure I like . This is what I'm thinking , not a big incentive to become a Team leader .

Ok a person gets 5 consultants to pick from she talks to me for a while about business she is ready to sign , then she shows her sister the LIST her sister says oh go with is consultant instead cause she I'd a party for me a few years ago ...... Now she joins with the other consultant that her sister suggested BUT I basically was the one that got her interested cause we spoke for a while ect I just lost that lead ( not too good )
Now this keeps going on when do I ever get picked , I may be getting my name passed out to leads but how long will it take to get picked .
Just a thought I know we have to see it play out just some thoughts

That could happen regardless of the lead system. You stand just as good of a chance in the lead system (better actually, since you only have one requirement now, sell $1250), of getting a lead as the next person.

So with the new $1250 lead system does that include orders that are placed on the Pampered Chef website (not tied to a particular consultant) or are those orders still going to Team Leaders and above who recruit every 3 months. I e-mailed HO and they didn't answer it.

vanscootin said:
But you're not within a week of launch. Consultants at the consultant level don't have access until near mid May. It's easy to understand your frustrations but the bad attitude about it isn't going to help your new business. Just sayin. This is a big change for ALL of us. Not just you.

Wow, bad attitude? I wouldn't characterize my statement as having a bad attitude. My business is starting off just fine thank you. Have 10 shows booked. I was merely making a statement.

Didn't know posting on this forum would encourage personal attacks - how does that fit in with your Pampered Chef persona???

LI Chick said:
Wow, bad attitude? I wouldn't characterize my statement as having a bad attitude. My business is starting off just fine thank you. Have 10 shows booked. I was merely making a statement.

Didn't know posting on this forum would encourage personal attacks - how does that fit in with your Pampered Chef persona???

It wasn't meant to be a personal attack. My apologies you took it so personally. It was more of a "there isn't a thing anyone can do about it so deal with it" statement.

So with this new lead system... I love the idea of the $1250 requirement because it really helps everyone who works their business!!!! And rewards them too! I dont like the fact that its not a rolling list that is given to the consumer. Instead, they get to pick. I did a practice just now and typed in an address on my street, and I was on the bottom of the list of 5 and its the address across the street. I typed in my moms address which is 3 miles from me and wasnt even on the list... just not sure how fair it is... what if someone never picks you? No point in being on the list... Just ranting! Sorry! It might work out but just doesnt seem quite fair.

Ya... I typed my address in several times and my name NEVER came up! In fact NONE of my team even came up! Never even heard of these names! Confused! and a bit worried!

alidafrizzell said:
Ya... I typed my address in several times and my name NEVER came up! In fact NONE of my team even came up! Never even heard of these names! Confused! and a bit worried!

Kinda freaking out about this:yuck: I typed in 10 different addresses, from my next door neighbor to about 30 miles away. My name came up once. BUT 1 gal came up EVERY TIME!! Another gal came up about 8 out of 10 times!!! And they were ALWAYS 1st. My address and one a block away did not include me. I even had one address I keyed in that said "no consultants found"- WTH!!!!

pchockeymom said:
Kinda freaking out about this:yuck: I typed in 10 different addresses, from my next door neighbor to about 30 miles away. My name came up once. BUT 1 gal came up EVERY TIME!! Another gal came up about 8 out of 10 times!!! And they were ALWAYS 1st. My address and one a block away did not include me. I even had one address I keyed in that said "no consultants found"- WTH!!!!

Me too....I typed in several addresses, and I came up every time... but never was I first on the list, even when I typed my own address. So far, I'm not a fan. :(

So when will the app be available? Why was I thinking it would all be available for Directors and above May 3, just like the rest of the new web?

the 14th is sticking out in my head.

It was actually announced "the WEEK of May 14th" Don't be too hopeful it'll be ready on the 14th!!

pchockeymom said:
It was actually announced "the WEEK of May 14th" Don't be too hopeful it'll be ready on the 14th!!

How silly of me to think it would be "on time" as announced! LOL!

pchockeymom said:

It actually makes me sick to think about it! I did it again this morning and 8 other girls came up MANY times... My name came around 2 times... I only know the name of one of these girls and she lives nearly an hour from me! Two others are from neighboring states... I DO understand change is hard, but this Lead part really has me worried!

I've been playing around with it since 430 this morning.... I am trying to set up shows to see how it's going to work for my hosts and guests. So far, I'm not a fan. I don't understand how to explain the ordering process and logging on process on the invitations and in my host letter. I know it's a simple process... but at the same time it isn't.

I too have been up since 4 am working on stuff, freaking out, getting back in touch with reality, etc.

As I, again, tried the "find a consultant" button, I discovered that if you put in one address and keep hitting the "search" button, 5 "different" names will keep coming up. This is actually a cheezy way to find out who's in the lead pool, at least within the 25 miles of that particular address. Of course, as I'd discovered before, SOME people were one of the 5 4 out of the 5 times. Perhaps they are advanced directors or above? I'm a director and I only came up about every 4th or 5th time. I didn't actually write all the names down (I'm sure I will, I'm wierd like that), but I'd say there are probably between 15 to 20 names (in the area for the one address I did, which was my own!)

On another issue, I set up a show, input the email addresses, set up the evite, but when I previewed it, it doesn't have the host's contact info-phone or email. Not liking that! I plan to call HO this morning about it.

I did email my complaint to [email protected] about the "random" lead system and told them what I did and what I discovered and asked them to explain to me how some people have an advantage. We'll see what they say.

OK, you've made me curious. I actually had $1250+ last month.

My own address does not bring up my name, I recognize two of the names, and I believe they are directors.

My work address (about 15 miles away) does not bring up my name either, one name matches the first list.

I'm wondering if a) my sales stats aren't finalized since it isn't the 10th of the month yet, and b) if the only people showing now are ones with new PWSs, which would mean they're directors and above.

When I click on "View Profile" I get a PWS for that consultant (one did have just a pop-up box), and the address has new. prior to the PC part of the address, and the end of it is .com/pws/the-consultant's-pws-address. I tried the format for my own site, and it came up. I tried my address, and the Director who I know with the old format, and the old website came up.

Interesting...

My concerns thus far:

I don't like the tied to email thing. Most of my hosts don't use the email feature now... how is a guest that gets a paper invite to the party supposed to order on their friend's show?

Haven't been able to transfer my contacts

NO expense reporting system at all... unless I just haven't found it yet.

Can't get my picture to look right on my PWS

Can't get my recipes to my PWS news section

The email to the host when a show is set up says "xxxx host invited you to a Cooking Party" or something like that.

NooraK said:
OK, you've made me curious. I actually had $1250+ last month.

My own address does not bring up my name, I recognize two of the names, and I believe they are directors.

My work address (about 15 miles away) does not bring up my name either, one name matches the first list.

I'm wondering if a) my sales stats aren't finalized since it isn't the 10th of the month yet, and b) if the only people showing now are ones with new PWSs, which would mean they're directors and above.

When I click on "View Profile" I get a PWS for that consultant (one did have just a pop-up box), and the address has new. prior to the PC part of the address, and the end of it is .com/pws/the-consultant's-pws-address. I tried the format for my own site, and it came up. I tried my address, and the Director who I know with the old format, and the old website came up.

Interesting...

I tried this too.... and only 1 director in my area showed up... others did show up and I know they are not directors... cause there are only 2 in town. Me and an AD from another cluster.

vanscootin said:
I tried this too.... and only 1 director in my area showed up... others did show up and I know they are not directors... cause there are only 2 in town. Me and an AD from another cluster.

Maybe TLs?

Oh boy--I'm sure HO is getting blasted with lots of e-mails now! :D

Nope... one of the gals on my team who had 1250 popped up... and she has no one under her.

And EVERY TIME I put my address in, this same dude keeps popping up as number 1...

on the plus side at least is isn't alphabetical

vanscootin said:
Nope... one of the gals on my team who had 1250 popped up... and she has no one under her.

And EVERY TIME I put my address in, this same dude keeps popping up as number 1...

on the plus side at least is isn't alphabetical

Did she do $1250 in March?

I'm curious because I didn't quite hit $1250 in March, so I'm really wondering if that 10th of the month finalization date makes a difference.

I'm curious to know if our .biz/yournamehere sites will automatically redirect to our new .com/pws/yournamehere sites because my practically-brand-new-stamp-and-business-cards all have my .biz address on them.

I wonder is are PWS going to change address to www.pamperedchef.com/pws/whatever or will it return to .biz wants they changed from the old system.. I really hope it goes back because I allready have tons of printed items with my website on them plus decal..

Chefpeg I like how we said that the same time

ChefPeg said:
I'm curious to know if our .biz/yournamehere sites will automatically redirect to our new .com/pws/yournamehere sites because my practically-brand-new-stamp-and-business-cards all have my .biz address on them.
Take the "During the transition" training on the new web app info page on CC. Righht now, the biz/name will go to your OLD site, but it will have a "visit my brand new website"link on the page. I dont think the pws links will change at all. Once it is completely rolled out, then it will go to our new site. You wont need a different url link on your info. At least that is my understanding.Check out the training though. Definitely.Here is the link to that training on CC.....
https://www.pamperedchef.com/during-transition/player.htmAnd to the New App page for a list of all the training......
https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/new_site.jsp

pretty sure they will go back to the .biz/yoursite after the "transition" is over. There was mention somwhere that they didn't want us to have to change all of our stamps and stuffs.

ChefShalon said:
Chefpeg I like how we said that the same time

And me and Bobbi and the same time! Ha ha!

esavvymom said:
Take the "During the transition" training on the new web app info page on CC. Righht now, the biz/name will go to your OLD site, but it will have a "visit my brand new website"link on the page. I dont think the pws links will change at all. Once it is completely rolled out, then it will go to our new site. You wont need a different url link on your info. At least that is my understanding.

Check out the training though. Definitely.

Here is the link to that training on CC.....
https://www.pamperedchef.com/during-transition/player.htm

And to the New App page for a list of all the training......
https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/new_site.jsp

Thank you!

ChefPeg said:

Yes, your website doesn't change names. There will be a button to go to your new site

alidafrizzell said:

Same here --no one on my team popped up. My name was there along with a bunch of names I never heard of -- and this is not that big of an area.

Sandi

Ok so I did the click over and over to see who'd come up and I made a list. I put in my address, clicked 10 times. Turns out there are 10 consultants eligible. The ONE gal popped up 9 of 10 times!!! I came up 4x, another 2 came up 7 of 10 times. The rest came up 3, 4, and 5 times. So I'm guessing perhaps the higher up the food chain you are the more tiimes you get selected "randomly".

pchockeymom said:
Ok so I did the click over and over to see who'd come up and I made a list. I put in my address, clicked 10 times. Turns out there are 10 consultants eligible. The ONE gal popped up 9 of 10 times!!! I came up 4x, another 2 came up 7 of 10 times. The rest came up 3, 4, and 5 times. So I'm guessing perhaps the higher up the food chain you are the more tiimes you get selected "randomly".

I feel like that was a really hard math problem :)

I wonder when we're going to be able to "migrate" our contacts.

ok, so i'm setting up a new show and my host doesn't have email. What do i put in there then? My email address?

Malinda Klein said:
ok, so i'm setting up a new show and my host doesn't have email. What do i put in there then? My email address?

Yes, since you can't have a show without an email.

pchockeymom said:

I don't think it has anything to do with a food chain theory...I did it, and I am a director. I put in a street address one street over from me, and out of 6 times, I came up once. One of my consultants (Ummm...who didn't submit ANYTHING in April!!!) came up 5 out of 6 times. That makes absolutely NO sense at all.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think it has anything to do with a food chain theory...I did it, and I am a director. I put in a street address one street over from me, and out of 6 times, I came up once. One of my consultants (Ummm...who didn't submit ANYTHING in April!!!) came up 5 out of 6 times. That makes absolutely NO sense at all.

NOT liking THAT!! :yuck: :eek:

Sandi

But did she submit much in MARCH? I think THAT is the month the stats are pulling from, because one gal on MY team who did submit more than the $1250 in March, but only $800 in April, her name popped up when I put my address in.So the April stats may not be in play yet....

Here's something rich.... I just attempted to do an individual order... it says that it's going to send my customer an email requesting they set up an account.....

Now this is even better.... I can't change the shipping! It's coming to me, with no option to change!

Have I missed something?

Are the phone numbers editable in the sense that you can put hyphens in them? Sometimes they're hard to follow without the hyphens.

So . . . who ever the new person was that was sad b/c they didn't have the new program ~ count your lucky stars! Hopefully all the wrinkles will be worked out by the time you are able to do so. ;) Its a little frustrating.

Sandi

It is showing consultants (including my hospitality NED) as far as an hour away when I put in my address and surrounding town addresses.

sandilou said:
So . . . who ever the new person was that was sad b/c they didn't have the new program ~ count your lucky stars! Hopefully all the wrinkles will be worked out by the time you are able to do so. ;) Its a little frustrating.

Sandi

Thank you for saying what I was thinking... but didn't want to be accused of a "personal attack"

Anywho...

sandilou said:

Sandi

I was just thinking "I'm GLAD I am not dealing with this!". Sorry you are, but I am not surprised. Lived through way too many of these things.

Hope they get it sorted out though quickly and painlessly.

Malinda Klein said:

No. I wouldn't put yours in. Will it not let you set it up without an email? The point of the email is for the receipt. I was told this morning by Tech that in a few weeks they are announcing that ALL hosts must have an email. We really need to get them to understand that not all hosts WANT an email. Not ALL people shop online but their guests might. If the host gets an email just for her account her friends won't know it so searching only via email is NUTS. If she puts her daughter's email or YOUR email in they won't know to search under that either. They need to make it BY THEIR NAME.

esavvymom said:
I was just thinking "I'm GLAD I am not dealing with this!". Sorry you are, but I am not surprised. Lived through way too many of these things.

Hope they get it sorted out though quickly and painlessly.

This is why they didn't give a date when the next group gets it... They need to fix the things that aren't working first. The sandbox the beta testers were in was not the same as the real thing as you know having been in the field.

<h2>1. Do I need to have customer accounts for my Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>Yes, customer accounts are necessary for your Pampered Chef website. They allow your customers to save their information, track their orders, and receive personalized recommendations and special offers.</p><h2>2. Can customers still make purchases without creating an account?</h2><p>Yes, customers can still make purchases as a guest without creating an account. However, by creating an account, they will have access to additional features and benefits such as order history and saved information for a faster checkout process.</p><h2>3. Will I be able to explain to customers why they need to create an account?</h2><p>Absolutely. You can assure customers that creating an account is quick and easy and will provide them with a more personalized and convenient shopping experience. You can also emphasize the benefits of having an account, such as order tracking and special offers.</p><h2>4. What if a customer forgets about their account?</h2><p>If a customer forgets about their account, they can easily recover their login information by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. They can also contact customer service for assistance.</p><h2>5. Are there any concerns about the changes to customer accounts?</h2><p>While change can be intimidating, the new customer accounts will ultimately benefit both you and your customers. It will allow for a more streamlined and personalized shopping experience, and you can always address any concerns or questions your customers may have about the changes.</p>

1. Do I need to have customer accounts for my Pampered Chef website?

Yes, customer accounts are necessary for your Pampered Chef website. They allow your customers to save their information, track their orders, and receive personalized recommendations and special offers.

2. Can customers still make purchases without creating an account?

Yes, customers can still make purchases as a guest without creating an account. However, by creating an account, they will have access to additional features and benefits such as order history and saved information for a faster checkout process.

3. Will I be able to explain to customers why they need to create an account?

Absolutely. You can assure customers that creating an account is quick and easy and will provide them with a more personalized and convenient shopping experience. You can also emphasize the benefits of having an account, such as order tracking and special offers.

4. What if a customer forgets about their account?

If a customer forgets about their account, they can easily recover their login information by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. They can also contact customer service for assistance.

5. Are there any concerns about the changes to customer accounts?

While change can be intimidating, the new customer accounts will ultimately benefit both you and your customers. It will allow for a more streamlined and personalized shopping experience, and you can always address any concerns or questions your customers may have about the changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies