• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Being a Packers Fan Is Hard on the Heart....

In summary, the game last night was an exciting one, with both teams playing very well. Brett Favre passed Dan Marino for the second time in his career, and the Packers are on a general "upswing" again.
lacychef
What a game last night, huh?! Why is it that so many of their games have to come down to the wire though....they just love to make our hearts skip a beat, lol!
Way to go Brett----he will always be THE MAN:love:
I also loved hearing Deanna talk....gotta get her book now too!

I absolutely LOVE Brett...he is such a great guy and so down to earth...good for him, too bad he can't play forever! He IS the Packers in my opinion!

Good teams are the ones that find a way to win. Denver did not lose the game on that spectacular pass play in overtime, they lost the game in the second quarter when the Packers recovered a Denver fumble at the Packer 2 yard line. A team only needs to be a little bit better than the competition, and so far, Green Bay has been just a little bit better than everyone but the Bears, and that came down to one weakness late in the game. If I remember correctly, last night was the first time Green Bay has won in Denver.Next week, they play the Chefs, a team that Brett Farve has never defeated.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Next week, they play the Chefs, a team that Brett Farve has never defeated.

I kept thinking Chefs...defeated/beat...was that a mental slip? That cooking stuff getting to you?

Each time will have its ups and downs and thankfully we're on a general "upswing" again. I love it when the Packers win! :love:

No, it's a reference to the Snicker's television commercial a couple of years ago when they were doing the "Not going anywhere for awhile?" campaign.You may recall that there was a guy who had painted the end zone red and was painting the team name with white paint. One of the player walks past him and said, "Looks great. Who are the Chefs?"The camera zooms out and instead of painting "CHIEFS" the guy had painted "CHEFS." The voice-over guy says, "Not going anywhere for awhile?" while the groundskeeper mumbles "Great googily-moogily."YouTube - Snickers Chefs

Yeah, sure. Nice save, KG.

Go watch the video. My friend, who lives in KC, and I have been referring to them as The Chefs ever since.

I remember the commercial. I'm just giving you a rough time. I figure if anyone deserves it . . .

I remember the commercial now too...but I like that Rae is giving you a hard time about it. ;)

Freudian is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

That's why I said mental because I didn't think you were referring to your mother's cooking...

chefsteph07 said:
I absolutely LOVE Brett...he is such a great guy and so down to earth...good for him, too bad he can't play forever! He IS the Packers in my opinion!
I love Brett too. He is on my list of people I'd love to have dinner with - I'd really love to talk to him and see first hand if he is as great I think he is:D !

missyciccolella said:
I love Brett too. He is on my list of people I'd love to have dinner with - I'd really love to talk to him and see first hand if he is as great I think he is:D !

Of course he is!:D

I remember that commercial too, my dh calls them the chefs too.

Was there ever a doubt today?(Where are my blood pressure meds?)

What a team!

That's the thing about the Packers - they always give you a good show for the money!

I missed the game - out for some family time for the first time in awhile. It is the best time to go to the store!!!!

Anyway, kept getting updates on the score while we were out...yeah Packers!

I had a show yesterday so I didn't get to watch; but my host's dh had it on while I was setting up, so I got updates that way. Of course they were Chiefs fans, so when they were bummed at the end I knew it was good news, lol!

It looks to me like the Chefs aren't that far away from being a really good team. In fact, they remind me of the Packers of a a few seasons ago, just one or two players away from being a dominant team.Like anyone is going to beat the Patriots this year.

Brett Favre went over 60,000 yards in career passing today, the 2nd to accomplish that feat. The first was Dan Marino, of course.If my math is correct, that's just over 34 miles.THIRTY FOUR MILES!My arm hurts just thinking about it.

Wo-hoo:D There surely can't be too many more records he hasn't beaten now; he'll have the record for breaking the most records in a year, lol!:thumbup:

Go Brett! Go Brett! Uh huh! Uh huh!!! :love:

BTW, where were the Vikings? I think they forgot to show up to the game...

Yeah well try being someone who lives in Minnesota! After yesterday I'm almost ashamed...

I am in a football pool and when doing my picks for this week I about laughed when I saw it was GB at MN. No brainer ... go for GB. I said to people sitting arround me doing their pics "at least there is one for sure pick for this week." One gal who is near the botom in points said "yeah even I know to Pic GB over MN"

When Darren Sharper blew that pick in the end zone that resulted in Favre's 201st TD pass in Lambeau field, I could hear the collective CLICK of televisions in Minnesota going over to CBS to watch the AFC game.

I think that is it even harder to be a MN fan as the ups and downs are so often.

What The Minnesota Vikings franchise is proving is that the University of Wisconsin system doesn't work in the pros, at least, without Barry Alvarez. The roster and coaching staff looks like a UW Alumni association.

janetupnorth said:
BTW, where were the Vikings? I think they forgot to show up to the game...

they were still in last week and forgot to prepare for this game. and got kick into the middle of next week so we can only wonder how they will play in the next game. As far as the changing to cbs I just went and played my xbox i lost on madden '05 but by only 3 points. :D

Last edited:
Hey, there's another record we can win!

1. What is "Being a Packers Fan Is Hard on the Heart" about?

"Being a Packers Fan Is Hard on the Heart" is a phrase commonly used by Green Bay Packers fans to express the rollercoaster of emotions that come with being a loyal fan of the team. It refers to the highs and lows of supporting the team through wins and losses, and the intense passion and dedication that comes with being a Packers fan.

2. Why is being a Packers fan considered hard on the heart?

Being a Packers fan can be emotionally taxing because of the high expectations and pressure placed on the team to perform well. With a storied history and a loyal fanbase, there is a lot at stake for the team and its fans. Wins can bring immense joy and pride, but losses can be heartbreaking and take a toll on one's emotions.

3. How do Packers fans cope with the ups and downs of being a fan?

Packers fans cope with the highs and lows of being a fan by coming together as a community and supporting each other through it all. Whether it's through watching games together, attending tailgates, or discussing the team online, being a part of the Packers fanbase provides a sense of camaraderie and support during the tough times.

4. Is being a Packers fan worth it?

For many fans, being a Packers fan is more than just a hobby, it's a way of life. The team's rich history, strong community ties, and passionate fanbase make being a fan a rewarding experience. Despite the challenges that come with supporting the team, the pride and joy that comes with being a Packers fan make it all worth it.

5. What sets Packers fans apart from other NFL fans?

Packers fans are known for their unwavering loyalty and dedication to the team. They are also known for their unique traditions, such as the Lambeau Leap and wearing cheesehead hats, which make game days a fun and memorable experience. Additionally, the small town feel of Green Bay and its close connection to the team make being a Packers fan a truly special and unique experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies