• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Batter Bowl Turkey: Fun Thanksgiving Craft Ideas for an Open House

It sounds like it will be a hit!In summary, the conversation was about a person looking for creative ideas to make a turkey out of a batter bowl for an open house. Suggestions included using sugar cookies for the cut out shapes, a prep bowl or pumpkin for the head, and lollipops for the tail feathers. The conversation ended with well wishes for the open house and a reminder to share pictures and instructions of the final creation.
Jennie4PC
K you guys I really need some creative minds here. I am doing an open house and I thought it would be fun to make a turkey out of the batter bowl I plan on using icing for the wings and construction paper as the tail feathers but I am kind of wondering about how to make the head I was thinking of using the muffin pan and using m&m's for the eyes, possibly a small ballon for the neck thingy and maybe a candy forn for the beak of construction paper for the beak any other ideas would be great
Thanks

How about sugar cookies for the cut out shapes. I use the pilsbury, but add additional flour. I wouldn't use the balloon, not very edible. I'm sure someone here will have a great idea!!! Good Luck

Good luck and please share pictures and instructions if you like how this comes out. I'm afraid I don't have any useful adviced.

I did a search on google for "turkey cake" and came up with a few ideas that are different from yours but might give you ideas (the 2nd link sounds somewhat similar):

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_turkey/

http://www.parents.com/parents/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/parents/story/data/4214.xml

What about using a prep bowl for the head and attach it with frosting to the main body and use the tip of an sugar ice cream cone for the beak?
I also saw a really cute wooden turkey with colorful lollipops for the tail spread out like a pea**** tail ,so you would poke them on the rump of the batter bowl to form the tail.

I hope that helps, as I am trying to envision a turkey as I am typing this out!

Hi there! Your idea for a turkey made out of a batter bowl sounds like a lot of fun. I love the idea of using icing for the wings and construction paper for the tail feathers. For the head, have you considered using a small pumpkin or gourd? You could use icing to attach the m&m's for the eyes and create a beak out of a small piece of carrot or another type of candy. Another idea could be to use a small styrofoam ball covered in icing and use small candies or sprinkles to create the facial features. Good luck with your open house!

1. What supplies do I need to make a Batter Bowl Turkey?

To make a Batter Bowl Turkey, you will need a Pampered Chef Batter Bowl, a foam or paper cone, festive paper or fabric, scissors, tape, and small decorative items like googly eyes and feathers.

2. How do I assemble the Batter Bowl Turkey?

Start by flipping the batter bowl upside down and placing the foam or paper cone on top. Then, cover the entire bowl and cone with festive paper or fabric, securing it with tape. Finally, add the decorative items to create the turkey's face and feathers.

3. Can I use a different type of bowl for this craft?

While the Pampered Chef Batter Bowl is recommended for this craft due to its size and shape, you can use any large bowl or container with a similar shape as a substitute. Just make sure the cone fits securely on top.

4. How can I make this craft more kid-friendly?

To make this craft more kid-friendly, you can use non-toxic glue instead of tape to secure the paper or fabric to the bowl and cone. You can also let the kids decorate the turkey's face and feathers with markers, paint, or stickers.

5. Can I use this Batter Bowl Turkey as a centerpiece for my Thanksgiving table?

Absolutely! The Batter Bowl Turkey makes for a fun and festive centerpiece for any Thanksgiving table. You can even fill the bowl with festive treats or use it to hold utensils for a functional and decorative touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC_ChefCole
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
stacypc05
  • Kandio
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • RaggedyAunt