• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the secret behind this successful Batter Bowl Microwave Cake?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who tried the Batter Bowl Microwave cake using an old lemon cake mix. They rotated the bowl in the microwave and added lemon flavored icing and decorations. The cake turned out to be dense and delicious, and they plan to try a chocolate hazelnut version for their upcoming parties. They also discussed using the batter bowl and stoneware fluted bundt pan for the cake and making simple additions to show off the cakes. They plan to try the cake in both the micro cooker and the batter bowl to see if there is a taste difference.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Hi. I'm a newbie here. Just wanted to say how excited I am, trying all of these recipes. I just tried the Batter Bowl Microwave cake and it turned out great. It should't have but it did. I had a lemon cake mix that had been on the shelf for quite a few months. I thought I would give it a try using the batter bowl since I did not have the Rice Cooker plus. Did not put icing in the bowl. I cooked it for 12 minutes, rotating it every 3 minutes since I do not have a turntable in my microwave. I took it out of the Microwave and eyed it up.Hmmmmmm...not too impressive I thought....let it sit for 5 minutes.....turned it out on the plate and it looked like a beehive...kinda cute I thoght...Whipped up some lemon flavoured icing....decorated it with cute little stars...cut into it.....???.....it tasted GREAT!! Very Dense. I could see how people would love it in chocolate. I'm allergic to chocolate so I made do with another flavour. Will have to try the chocolate hazelnut out on my friends. I'm soo pleased it worked out. I'm practising my recipes for my first two parties next week. I've got my fingers crossed that everything will work out ok. Still haven't decided what to make as my demo recipe????:D :D

batter bowlIn the large batter bowl? I've been doing them in the stoneware fluted bundt pan (don't have a rice cooker or micro cooker). Did you do it according the the cake box directions or according to the microwave cake directions? :D

I followed the recipe on the back of a boxed cake mix. I added eggs, oil and water. My cake did not have pudding in the mix. I used the large batter bowl and the mix baked up close to the top but did not overflow. I haven't tried it in the micro cooker, that will come next. it is definitely rounded when it comes out onto the plate but it looks really pretty after you icing it and garnish it. I would definitely recommend it to customers! It was great to make a cake without turning on the oven. The cake is small but high, so when you cut it , it makes a nice presentation on the plate. Hmmm now I need to earn some simple additions plates and platter to show these cakes on. ;) Good Luck!

I will have to try out the cake mix in both the mirco cooker and the batter bowl!!! I will let you know if their is any taste differnce or not!!

Hi there! Welcome to the community and congratulations on your successful Batter Bowl Microwave cake! It's always exciting to try new recipes and I'm so glad it turned out well for you. It's amazing how versatile our products can be, even when we don't have all the recommended tools. Your lemon cake with lemon icing sounds delicious, and I'm sure your friends will love the chocolate hazelnut version. As for your demo recipe, there are so many great options to choose from. I would recommend picking something that showcases the versatility and convenience of our products, like a one-pot meal or a quick and easy dessert. Good luck with your parties and happy cooking!

What is a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake?

A Batter Bowl Microwave Cake is a quick and easy dessert that can be made in a microwave-safe batter bowl. It usually consists of a boxed cake mix, eggs, oil, and water, and can be customized with various mix-ins and toppings.

How long does it take to make a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake?

The amount of time it takes to make a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake will vary depending on your microwave's wattage and the specific recipe you are using. However, most cakes can be made in under 10 minutes.

Can I use any type of batter bowl to make a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake?

While it is possible to use any microwave-safe bowl to make a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake, we recommend using a specifically designed batter bowl with a spout for easy pouring and mixing.

What are some mix-in and topping options for a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake?

There are endless possibilities for mix-ins and toppings for a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake. Some popular options include chocolate chips, nuts, sprinkles, fruit, whipped cream, and frosting.

Can I make a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake without using eggs?

Yes, it is possible to make a Batter Bowl Microwave Cake without using eggs. You can use a store-bought egg replacer or try using mashed bananas or applesauce as a substitute. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carissaz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • jigsmom