• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes

whatever that is in the ingredient list)Those brownies are so good! I have 2 brownie maniacs in my house....and neither one is me. I once made a pan of those for a night when I had a show....and when I got home, there were 2 brownies left!They'd eaten them for dinner, and then for a snack before bed with ice cream.
maggiemay
hi, I mostly lurk - love this site, thanks guys.

Something i couldn't find, has anyone ever tried to use pre-existing mixes to make batter bowl gifts - and broken them down into the appropriate measurements?

I'm not sure what you mean...could you explain a little more?

I guess I'm lazy - I'd like to go to a warehouse store, costco etc. Buy.. for example the big box of pumpkin spice bread mix. Then, perhaps split in half or thirds and place in small batter bowl then be able to tell consumers the correct eggs, oil etc to add.

I know I can experiment on my own, I was just hoping that perhaps someone else already had and it might save me some time?

Hope this makes more sense, thanks !

There are batter bowl cake mix type things on consultant's corner under the 2007 HomeMade for the Holidays. Is this what you're looking for?

Not really. I want to be able to go find some mixes on special and use those - the recipies on line are all from scratch - I want to go pampered chef style and use a boxed mix.

I hear what you are saying. You want to go to Costco, buy a huge box and then divide it up say among 3 batter bowls and give directions like add egg, oil, etc. I think it would work if you divided it equally.

I think you would have to add nuts or something to get the layered look (if that is what you are going for) or add something to make more festive, because to me, boxed mix in a bowl doesn't really WOW me, if you know what I mean!!
HTH!

I do - you're right, guess I'll have to try it out myself. If it works, i'll post my results here for others!!!!!

Most of the Costco mixes are separated into single batches inside the box. They don't expect consumers to make 6 pans of brownies at once (I just bought a box of brownie mix there today, so that was the first example that came to mind). Personally, I'd be a little put off if I received a gift that was clearly a boxed mix poured into a batter bowl. I'd rather get a homemade mix.

chefann said:
Most of the Costco mixes are separated into single batches inside the box. They don't expect consumers to make 6 pans of brownies at once (I just bought a box of brownie mix there today, so that was the first example that came to mind).

Personally, I'd be a little put off if I received a gift that was clearly a boxed mix poured into a batter bowl. I'd rather get a homemade mix.

That would be my thought too. If it's just a mix in a bowl...I would think that I could have done that myself. AND if it was the Ghiradelli's Brownie Mix from Costco, I would already have it in my cupboard.

Sad, but true - it's a staple at our house!
This week though, I bought Krusteaz Cinnamon Pull-Aparts! :cool::chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
That would be my thought too. If it's just a mix in a bowl...I would think that I could have done that myself. AND if it was the Ghiradelli's Brownie Mix from Costco, I would already have it in my cupboard.

Sad, but true - it's a staple at our house!
This week though, I bought Krusteaz Cinnamon Pull-Aparts! :cool::chef:
*giggle* That's the one I bought! It's a triple chocolate - makes 6 batches. There was a Krusteaz mix for oatmeal, chocolate, caramel bars that looked good, too. But I passed on that one. hmm... the guys are coming over for dinner and to play with cars tonight. Maybe I'll make a pan of the brownies. I also got some strawberries, and I can serve those on top.

chefann said:
*giggle* That's the one I bought! It's a triple chocolate - makes 6 batches. There was a Krusteaz mix for oatmeal, chocolate, caramel bars that looked good, too. But I passed on that one. hmm... the guys are coming over for dinner and to play with cars tonight. Maybe I'll make a pan of the brownies. I also got some strawberries, and I can serve those on top.

Those brownies are so good! I have 2 brownie maniacs in my house....and neither one is me. I once made a pan of those for a night when I had a show....and when I got home, there were 2 brownies left!

They'd eaten them for dinner, and then for a snack before bed with ice cream. I'm so proud of my DH's parenting skills.:rolleyes:

Chocolate is a vegetable! It's made from cocoa beans, sweetened with sugar from sugar beets. And if it's milk chocolate, that's dairy! (And it's a protein if it's a chocolate egg or rabbit.)

OK... I admit, I bought a brownie mix layered it and gave it as a gift.

I have an excuse though... I was living CT for a year, my family were all in England. My sister was a chocolate freak, and Granny Florence had the best recipe ever!

Her secret was to add 2 good handfuls (a very precise measurement!) of mini marshmellows to plain old betty crocker fudge brownies.

We didn't get Betty Crocker back home, so I felt my sister was missing out!

I layered the brownie mix with the marshmellows and I think I threw some white choc chips in too. I typed up the recipe so it looked pretty.

My sister loved them! I had to send home brownie box mix on a regular basis! Cost a fortune in postage.

Pleased to say that box mixes have moved on in the last decade and I can now get them here! If only I could work out the UK version of frozen cool whip.....

Related to Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes

1. Can I use the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes for any type of boxed mix?

Yes, the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes from Pampered Chef is designed to work with any type of boxed mix, including cake, brownie, muffin, and cookie mixes.

2. How does the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes work?

The Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes is a unique tool that helps you easily measure and incorporate all the ingredients in a boxed mix without making a mess. It has a built-in sifter and a mixing blade that helps you cut down the mix while keeping it all in one bowl.

3. Is the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes is made from durable and BPA-free plastic, making it safe to use in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. What is the capacity of the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes?

The Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes can hold up to 8 cups of dry ingredients and has a 2-quart capacity when using wet ingredients.

5. Can I use the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes for other cooking tasks?

Yes, the Batter Bowl Cutting Down Boxed Mixes can also be used for other cooking tasks such as mixing pancake batter, making scrambled eggs, and even mixing salad dressings. It is a versatile and convenient tool to have in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Momma23boys
  • Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies