• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bareminerals or Something Else?

In summary, Katie likes using Bare Escentuals, but is considering switching to Maybelline's new powder mineral makeup.
merego said:
I use Arbonne Make up and love it, very gentle on the skin, kind of pricey, but worth it.

I've heard nothing but great things about Arbonne make up. I've also heard its pricey but its worth every cent. I've been using Sheer Cover (wait. Is that the infomercial with Lisa Gibbons?) and I mainly just use the cream under eye/concealer and I love it. Its the only semi foundation I will wear because I hate looking like I wear makeup!

Has anyone else tried Arbonne?

ParadisePantry said:
I've heard nothing but great things about Arbonne make up. I've also heard its pricey but its worth every cent. I've been using Sheer Cover (wait. Is that the infomercial with Lisa Gibbons?) and I mainly just use the cream under eye/concealer and I love it. Its the only semi foundation I will wear because I hate looking like I wear makeup!

I've tried Arbonne lotions, etc. I'm not one for a regime or wearing make-up so hard to tell how they REALLY work.

I've used the brand of mineral make up at Kohls just a bit but not long enough to tell how it works...

I figured if I'm showered, hair clean and brushed, dressed nice and have deodorant one, I'm good. No time for nails and make-up usually for me.

chefann said:
Mathematically, it's true!

The average American lives to be 83. Let's round UP to 90. Middle is one of 3: youth, middle age, and old age. Divide 90 into thirds, and those are birth-30, 31-60 and 61-death.

Personally, I am sticking with my 100 year plan!!!

PamperChefCarol said:
Personally, I am sticking with my 100 year plan!!!

Ugh! I don't know why anyone would WANT to be stuck around to hit triple digits! But if you want them, you can have 50 years from me...

janetupnorth said:
I've tried Arbonne lotions, etc. I'm not one for a regime or wearing make-up so hard to tell how they REALLY work.

I've used the brand of mineral make up at Kohls just a bit but not long enough to tell how it works...

I figured if I'm showered, hair clean and brushed, dressed nice and have deodorant one, I'm good. No time for nails and make-up usually for me.

Janet must be my long-lost sister, because this sounds JUST . . . LIKE . . . ME! When I got my hair cut Friday, my stylist/friend was telling me I should by a blowbrush (?) from Walmart, and the whole time she was talking about it, I was nodding and thinking "does she realize this is never going to happen?"
I love my new short hair. Take a shower, apply my moisturizer (I do believe in some skin care products), run my fingers through my hair - I'm done!

All I know is that I use the skin care and make up and it works best for me. I love start to finish 5 - 10 minutes and done. Love to be able to sleep in it and it's good for my skin, I can tell that by how my skin has reacted since using it, smaller pores, no break outs and dry skin has gone away. LOVE IT!!!

ParadisePantry said:

I love Arbonne! I've been using their skin care for the last year. My 'membership' or whatever they call it just ran out and since I'm now a director I cannot resign with them under my name b/c technically that makes me a consultant for them (even though I only use it for myself). I'm trying to decide if I want to renew under DH's name. I LOVE LOVE LOVE their products, problem is I DO NOT like purchasing everything at one time - it hurts my wallet too much! I much prefer buying a little here and there when I run out. And, in order to really get your discount, you need to make the bulk purchases.

I did just switch to Bare Escentuals for make-up and I like it so far. I may try their skin care line when I run out of my Arbonne.

chefann said:
Ugh! I don't know why anyone would WANT to be stuck around to hit triple digits! But if you want them, you can have 50 years from me...

I will gladly take your 50 years!! I am planning on being the coolest, most active 100 year old there ever was: the old men won't know what's hitting them and the young kids will have to try and keep up! And I won't look a day over 75.

I have to use Proactiv for my skin care. I have really sensitive skin, and this is the only thing that works for me at clearing up my breakouts without giving me a rash.

I tried Sheer Cover and it felt like a mask. It cakes very badly.

Mineral makeups are the only ones that I can wear unless I want some bad breakouts. So I have been using Neutrogena Sheer Minerals. It is handy because it comes in a tube with a brush at the top. Just turn tube upside down and swipe on the makeup. Takes me less than 1 min to apply. I also use neutrogena's healthy volume mascara and blush.

I have been wanting to try Bare Escentuals but like everyone else has said...it is expensive. I did just see it at Target today for half price!! They had a starter kit with everything you need to start for $49. I guess it is usually $110 for the stuff in that kit. When I run out of my neutrogena I am going to try the Bare Escentuals.

pamperedlinda said:
I love Arbonne! I've been using their skin care for the last year. My 'membership' or whatever they call it just ran out and since I'm now a director I cannot resign with them under my name b/c technically that makes me a consultant for them (even though I only use it for myself). I'm trying to decide if I want to renew under DH's name. I LOVE LOVE LOVE their products, problem is I DO NOT like purchasing everything at one time - it hurts my wallet too much! I much prefer buying a little here and there when I run out. And, in order to really get your discount, you need to make the bulk purchases.

I did just switch to Bare Escentuals for make-up and I like it so far. I may try their skin care line when I run out of my Arbonne.

Linda, if you dont mind me asking, what type of product would you recomment starting with at Arbonne to get the idea? You sold this product the same time you did PC?

As for ProActive, I LOVE it. Its light, easy to use (meaning quick!) and it WORKS! After a day or two acne is going away and my skin is smooth and soft...its AMAZING...

chefann said:
Mathematically, it's true!

The average American lives to be 83. Let's round UP to 90. Middle is one of 3: youth, middle age, and old age. Divide 90 into thirds, and those are birth-30, 31-60 and 61-death.

OMG! I'm 59 and now I feel like I'm circling the drain.:eek:

ParadisePantry said:
As for ProActive, I LOVE it. Its light, easy to use (meaning quick!) and it WORKS! After a day or two acne is going away and my skin is smooth and soft...its AMAZING...

Walmart has a "set" of products like ProActive that works great and is much, much cheaper ($17.95 last time I bought it).

Since I started using mineral make-up I rarely have break-outs, but I buy this for my sons...one starting puberty and one almost done with it. Both had bad problems with acne and the Walmart brand works just as well as ProActive

ParadisePantry said:
Linda, if you dont mind me asking, what type of product would you recomment starting with at Arbonne to get the idea? You sold this product the same time you did PC?

No, I didn't sell. I signed for the discount and 'technically' that makes me a consultant for them. So, if I want to continue using them I'll have to sign under my husband's name to do it. I use their Re line (orange bottles).

have been wanting to try Bare Escentuals but like everyone else has said...it is expensive. I did just see it at Target today for half price!! They had a starter kit with everything you need to start for $49. I guess it is usually $110 for the stuff in that kit. When I run out of my neutrogena I am going to try the Bare Escentuals

I have never paid more than $60 for the starter kit. It is sold at Ulta and Sephora stores and websites or the Bare Escentuals website.

I wear Mary Kay's tinted moisturizer. I do not like to wear a lot of makeup so I like the natural feel and look.

Melissa06 said:
I have never paid more than $60 for the starter kit. It is sold at Ulta and Sephora stores and websites or the Bare Escentuals website.

I order mine from Sephora. Usually end up getting free shipping and you get some extra goodies because they always offer 3 samples with your purchase.

As for the generic proactive available at places like Target and WalMart, did not work at all for me! The stuff I used was called AcneFree, it was a 3 step system, all it did was severely dry out my skin and cause more break outs.
I love proactive and Bare Minerals!

itsjustCarla said:
Walmart has a "set" of products like ProActive that works great and is much, much cheaper ($17.95 last time I bought it).

Since I started using mineral make-up I rarely have break-outs, but I buy this for my sons...one starting puberty and one almost done with it. Both had bad problems with acne and the Walmart brand works just as well as ProActive

I have tried almost every acne system out there and none of them worked for me as well as proactiv has. Trust me... I would LOVE to spend less than $49 every two months, but I can't since they don't work for me. Proactiv has an extra strength system that they don't advertise and that is the one I use.

Katie, My sister and I just found BeautiControl and love it. We have both noticed a difference in our aging skin:) Maintenance, repair and prevention is the key. I was never a make up wearer and my sister told the lady to help me all she could. It is great! Send me an e-mail and I will send you information. [email protected]

<h2>1. What is the main difference between bareMinerals and other mineral makeup brands?</h2><p>The main difference between bareMinerals and other mineral makeup brands is the formulation of their products. bareMinerals prides itself on using only natural, skin-loving ingredients in their makeup, while other brands may use synthetic or filler ingredients.</p><h2>2. Is bareMinerals suitable for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin?</h2><p>Yes, bareMinerals is generally suitable for sensitive or acne-prone skin. However, since everyone's skin is different, it's important to patch test any new makeup product before using it all over your face. Additionally, if you do experience any irritation or breakouts, discontinue use and consult with a dermatologist.</p><h2>3. What are the common concerns about bareMinerals clogging pores?</h2><p>The concern about bareMinerals clogging pores usually stems from the use of the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. This ingredient has a mineral structure that can sit on top of the skin and potentially clog pores for some individuals. However, bareMinerals offers a bismuth-free version of their original foundation for those with this concern.</p><h2>4. What are some other mineral makeup brands that people are switching to?</h2><p>Some other popular mineral makeup brands include jane iredale, Youngblood, and Colorescience. These brands also offer natural and skin-friendly formulations, but may have different ingredients and coverage options compared to bareMinerals.</p><h2>5. Can you recommend any specific bareMinerals products for someone who hates wearing makeup?</h2><p>If you hate wearing makeup but still want to improve your skin's appearance, I would recommend the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. It has a lightweight, sheer coverage that feels like skincare but also helps even out skin tone and provide hydration. It's a great option for those who prefer a more natural and minimal makeup look.</p>

1. What is the main difference between bareMinerals and other mineral makeup brands?

The main difference between bareMinerals and other mineral makeup brands is the formulation of their products. bareMinerals prides itself on using only natural, skin-loving ingredients in their makeup, while other brands may use synthetic or filler ingredients.

2. Is bareMinerals suitable for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin?

Yes, bareMinerals is generally suitable for sensitive or acne-prone skin. However, since everyone's skin is different, it's important to patch test any new makeup product before using it all over your face. Additionally, if you do experience any irritation or breakouts, discontinue use and consult with a dermatologist.

3. What are the common concerns about bareMinerals clogging pores?

The concern about bareMinerals clogging pores usually stems from the use of the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. This ingredient has a mineral structure that can sit on top of the skin and potentially clog pores for some individuals. However, bareMinerals offers a bismuth-free version of their original foundation for those with this concern.

4. What are some other mineral makeup brands that people are switching to?

Some other popular mineral makeup brands include jane iredale, Youngblood, and Colorescience. These brands also offer natural and skin-friendly formulations, but may have different ingredients and coverage options compared to bareMinerals.

5. Can you recommend any specific bareMinerals products for someone who hates wearing makeup?

If you hate wearing makeup but still want to improve your skin's appearance, I would recommend the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. It has a lightweight, sheer coverage that feels like skincare but also helps even out skin tone and provide hydration. It's a great option for those who prefer a more natural and minimal makeup look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Mindy50135