• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bacon, Linguini, and Tomato Toss

In summary, the author of the conversation thinks that the recipe might be good but people might not like it because it has too much cream cheese. The author also thinks that the recipe can be made in the DCB or the 12" skillet.
nene960
Has anyone tried to make this in the DCB?

Not yet, but I thought the same thing. Maybe I'll try it sometime next week.

No, I made it in the skillet last night and it was yummo

I also made it last night and DH took the left-overs for lunch today.

I remember someone did, but I don't remember who....:eek:

The whole time I was making it, I was thinking that I could make it in the DCB, and the next time I make it (and there will be a next time - we loved it!) I plan on making it in the DCB....using one of the other DCB pasta recipes as a guide.

The Weekday Dinners Done Turkey Tetrazzini recipe can be made in either the DCB or the 12" Skillet, so I'll probably use that as a guide for the BLT Toss.

I have to make it again, dh wasn't thrilled with it...maybe i goofed :(

It was Robochick84...

"I precooked the chicken, and then realized I probably didn't have to do it, and that I could of done it all at the same time.

I dumped the broth, garlic (and other seasoning), canned tomatoes, and pasta in the DCB and microwaved for 10+10 with stirring in between. When it came out I added my chicken, the fresh tomatoes, and the cream cheese."

Sounds like a great idea! I'll have to try this...

I made it tonight in the Skillet and we LOVED it! I think we could do it in the DCB, but the onions wouldn't get carmelized, would they? Everything else should be fine.

I made this the other night and my hubby and nephew loved it, they gobbled it up I used the big batter bowl instead of the micro-cooker..

Question

The 2 cans of diced tomatoes - you don't drain them ? ? ?

I know - a stupid question - put normally you drain juices from tomatoes

Thanks

:chef:

I didn't drain the tomatoes. But I have to tell you that I was so nervous carrying my extremely full microcooker over to the microwave. :D The slightest tip and it would've spilt. This would be where just making it in the DCB would be beneficial. :)

babywings76 said:
I didn't drain the tomatoes. But I have to tell you that I was so nervous carrying my extremely full microcooker over to the microwave. :D The slightest tip and it would've spilt. This would be where just making it in the DCB would be beneficial. :)

Even when I made it in the skillet, I skipped the whole micro-cooker step - I couldn't see any purpose in it, and it just dirtied another dish. I just dumped the stuff into the skillet. :D

I made this last night. We had friends coming for dinner and my husband always teases me that I experiment on company. :DI did use the 4 cups of broth and the 2 full cans of tomatoes undrained. I made it in the skillet. I used a whole box of pasta (16 oz) and used a whole block of cream cheese. We all loved it. They were all really impressed and thought it was great.

babywings76 said:
I made this last night. We had friends coming for dinner and my husband always teases me that I experiment on company. :D

I did use the 4 cups of broth and the 2 full cans of tomatoes undrained. I made it in the skillet. I used a whole box of pasta (16 oz) and used a whole block of cream cheese. We all loved it. They were all really impressed and thought it was great.

I did the same thing & it was Delish!! Only problem is its just DH & myself & I'm on WW.....so there was ALOT left over. Next time I make it, I'm bringing it to my neighbors.....;)

I made this last night and it was a big hit with the whole family. It was a great meal with a side salad. Definitely now a part of our routine.

Ginger428 said:
Next time I make it, I'm bringing it to my neighbors.....;)

LOL. Yes, I happen to have some very happy and well-fed neighbors!

Chicken? What chicken?I waaayy over-did it on the red pepper. Roomie claimed it was too salty, even though I used low-sodium chicken broth and added absolutely no salt. Thought there was too much cream cheese and also used a little too much linguine.

I have to say I wasn't really impressed w/ this recipe. We also however made the trifle and left out the sour cream (by accident) and it was yummy!

RMDave said:

And the sweets always go to the neighbors with kids....;)

RMDave said:

and chubby!

My family and I thought it wasn't that great. It was missing something. Now, I did take the leftovers to work the next day, and added 1/2 a zucchini to it before I warmed it up, and it was so much better. Still won't be offering that to my hosts this season, will be sticking with the grilled chicken al fresco for the pasta offering!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Even when I made it in the skillet, I skipped the whole micro-cooker step - I couldn't see any purpose in it, and it just dirtied another dish. I just dumped the stuff into the skillet. :D

Same here, I thought that step was redundant, just skipped it too. I think sometimes PC adds steps just to use more tools. I will be honest, my customers don't like recipes that use a lot of tools, they don't want to wash that many dishes. That is why I love the DCB and the 12 inch skillet. Haven't sold a skillet yet, but getting ready to change my recipe selections to include more recipes with it, since I use it at least 3 times a week!!

shelly.nurse said:
Same here, I thought that step was redundant, just skipped it too. I think sometimes PC adds steps just to use more tools. I will be honest, my customers don't like recipes that use a lot of tools, they don't want to wash that many dishes. That is why I love the DCB and the 12 inch skillet. Haven't sold a skillet yet, but getting ready to change my recipe selections to include more recipes with it, since I use it at least 3 times a week!!

Seeing the Rice Cooker in use is what made me buy it. :p

I made it last night in the DCB and browned the bacon and onions in a saute pan. The recpie itself is excellent. Next time I would make the whole thing in the skillet. The DCB overflowed in the microwave and the cream cheese didn't melt fully (I added the last 10 min) so I had to do a lot of stirring at the end, which would be embarassing if I was doing a show. I also added fresh basil which added a nice flavor.

Related to Bacon, Linguini, and Tomato Toss

1. How do I cook the bacon for this recipe?

The best way to cook the bacon for this recipe is to preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.

2. Can I substitute the linguini with a different type of pasta?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the linguini with any type of pasta you prefer. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions on the package for the specific type of pasta you choose.

3. Do I need to use fresh tomatoes for this recipe?

Fresh tomatoes are recommended for this recipe, as they will provide the best flavor and texture. However, if you don't have fresh tomatoes on hand, you can use canned diced tomatoes instead.

4. Can I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon?

Yes, you can use turkey bacon as a healthier alternative to regular bacon. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as turkey bacon tends to cook faster than regular bacon.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 4-6 servings, depending on the portion size. If you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Roadtripray