• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Skillet

In summary, to make a perfect grilled cheese in the skillet, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add buttered bread with desired fillings. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and melted. Any type of bread can be used, including sourdough or whole wheat. To add tomatoes, thinly slice and pat dry before placing on top of cheese. A vegetarian version can be made by omitting meat or using substitutes. To make it healthier, use whole wheat bread, low-fat cheese, and add in veggies like tomatoes or spinach. A non-stick skillet and cooking spray can also reduce fat.
lkhartmann
Gold Member
WAS YUMMY.... could use bacon tho'

everything tastes better w/bacon! LOL:love:

This was really good! I used a little less vinegar and a little more mayo, and also added some salt and pepper. Will definitely make this again.

1. How do I make a perfect grilled cheese in the skillet?

To make a perfect grilled cheese in the skillet, start by heating a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spread softened butter on one side of each slice of bread, then place one slice butter-side down in the skillet. Add your desired amount of cheese and any other fillings, then place the second slice of bread on top with the butter-side facing up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

2. Can I use any type of bread for the grilled cheese and tomato skillet?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for the grilled cheese and tomato skillet. Some popular options include sourdough, whole wheat, or brioche. Choose a bread that is sturdy enough to hold the fillings and can withstand being cooked in a skillet.

3. How do I add tomatoes to the grilled cheese and tomato skillet?

To add tomatoes to the grilled cheese and tomato skillet, thinly slice them and place them on top of the cheese before adding the second slice of bread. You can also use sun-dried tomatoes for a more intense flavor. Make sure to pat the tomatoes dry before adding them to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.

4. Can I make a vegetarian version of the grilled cheese and tomato skillet?

Yes, you can easily make a vegetarian version of the grilled cheese and tomato skillet. Simply omit any meat or use vegetarian substitutes such as veggie bacon or tofu. You can also add additional veggies like avocado, spinach, or mushrooms for added flavor and nutrients.

5. How can I make the grilled cheese and tomato skillet healthier?

To make the grilled cheese and tomato skillet healthier, use whole wheat bread instead of white bread and opt for low-fat cheese. You can also add in some veggies like sliced tomatoes or spinach for added nutrients. Using a non-stick skillet and cooking spray instead of butter can also help reduce the amount of fat in the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefChris