• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a BLT on a Hot Plate: What You Need to Know

In summary, you can use any type of hot plate to cook a BLT as long as it has a flat surface and can reach high temperatures. You do not need any special tools or equipment, just a hot plate, frying pan, spatula, and knife. To prevent the bread from burning, adjust the temperature of the hot plate or use a non-stick pan or cooking spray. You can cook multiple BLTs at once on a hot plate as long as there is enough space and the bread slices are not overlapping. The cooking time will vary, but it generally takes 2-3 minutes for the bacon and 1-2 minutes for the bread.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Does anyone know if the BLT toss can be done on a hot plate? I find that hotplates don't heat up as much as tradition stovetops so that has me concerned. I'll do the bacon on a stone in the oven or micro pre-show...

dannyzmom said:
Does anyone know if the BLT toss can be done on a hot plate? I find that hotplates don't heat up as much as tradition stovetops so that has me concerned. I'll do the bacon on a stone in the oven or micro pre-show...

cook the bacon in advance & you should have no problem doing it....

but I'd like to do the toss on a hot plate if possible.The BLT toss can be done on a hot plate, but you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature to compensate for the lower heat output. You can also try using a cast iron skillet or griddle on the hot plate, as these retain heat better and will give you a more consistent cooking surface. Just be sure to preheat the skillet or griddle before adding the bacon and tomatoes.

Related to Cooking a BLT on a Hot Plate: What You Need to Know

1. Can I use any type of hot plate to cook a BLT?

Yes, you can use any type of hot plate to cook a BLT as long as it has a flat surface and can reach high temperatures.

2. Do I need any special tools or equipment to cook a BLT on a hot plate?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment. A hot plate, frying pan, spatula, and knife will be sufficient.

3. How do I prevent the bread from burning on a hot plate?

To prevent the bread from burning, make sure to adjust the temperature of the hot plate accordingly. You can also use a non-stick frying pan or spray the pan with cooking spray before placing the bread on it.

4. Can I cook multiple BLTs at once on a hot plate?

Yes, you can cook multiple BLTs at once on a hot plate as long as the hot plate is large enough to fit all the ingredients and the bread slices are not overlapping.

5. How long does it take to cook a BLT on a hot plate?

The cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of the hot plate and your desired level of crispiness. Generally, it takes 2-3 minutes on each side for the bacon to cook and 1-2 minutes on each side for the bread to toast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcjulie
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies