• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Just 4 Days Until My Grand Opening & I'm Stuck - What Can I Cook?!

In summary, the author is scared and has no idea what to cook for her Grand Opening. She recommends the Clubhouse Chicken Squares from the All the Best cookbook. She also recommends the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries from the same book. There will be 10 people coming and she recommends making the ingredients ahead of time.
DTM2D
Oh my goodness, only 4 days until my Grand Opening and I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO COOK.

Last week I tried the Three Cheese Pizza, it was OK, Today I tried the California Chicken Squares and the Taco Ring to see if they would work for a ""Zero Cook"" like me. My son and I both decided those wouldn't work. The Taco Ring was much too spicy and since I don't have a good plate for a great impression, that wouldn't work. The California Squares were just plain bad. NOW What??!!??

I am going to be coming straight home from work and putting on the party. I really need to be pre----pared.

I can't demonstrate the mandolin because I still can't seem to make it work right. I have never felt so much like a poor cook more in my life. I have cooked before, but not using the things that looked so easy when I have gone to PC shows.

I AM SCARED!! I have about decided to just have my guests do all the demonstration for me, what do you think?:eek: :eek: :eek:Dee:eek: :eek: :eek:

First of all....stop freaking out!! Everything will be great!! And if you mess something up, say something funny like, "See, they let anyone do this job!" or something like that.
Secondly, I would highly recommend the Clubhouse Chicken Squares! They rock and I'm pretty sure you can do them with just your kit contents. It's in the All the Best cookbook, let me know if you need the recipe and I'll try to find it and post it. :)
Finally, good luck and take a deep breath. Remember, most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!

Edited to Add: The recipe is in the file section, just do a file search for "chicken" and it will come up!! :)

Last edited:
How many people are coming? I love the Cool Lime Napoleans. You don't have to use the Easy Accent Decorator if you don't have it. Just dollup the Cool Whip. You can slice the 3 kiwi into 8 slices each with the FC knife from your kit if you don't have the Egg Slicer Plus. I use 1 1/2 pkgs of crescents instead of one package. (Actually, I used 1 pkg plus 5 crescents from the second pack.) I didn't stack them and it serves 24, or stack them for 12. I'll e-mail the recipe to you if you want it.

please email
JAE said:
How many people are coming? I love the Cool Lime Napoleans. You don't have to use the Easy Accent Decorator if you don't have it. Just dollup the Cool Whip. You can slice the 3 kiwi into 8 slices each with the FC knife from your kit if you don't have the Egg Slicer Plus. I use 1 1/2 pkgs of crescents instead of one package. (Actually, I used 1 pkg plus 5 crescents from the second pack.) I didn't stack them and it serves 24, or stack them for 12. I'll e-mail the recipe to you if you want it.

I guess I don't know that recipe, Please email it [email protected]. I think about 10 will come

Also, the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries (which are a recipe grouping in your business guide) are awesome! Make the ingredients ahead of time and have your guests assemble them.

cmdtrgd said:
Also, the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries (which are a recipe grouping in your business guide) are awesome! Make the ingredients ahead of time and have your guests assemble them.

I agree! It is something you can have everything ready to go for the puff pastry then pop it in the oven while everyone is arriving and have the strawberries and the whip cream mixture ready to go! They are great to eat and easy to make!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Agreed. I did them at my second show (last night) and they were a huge hit! And, there's no need to use the Mandoline, so you're set there!

My advice to get comfortable with the Mandoline? Buy some fruits and veggies and practice. I went through lots of tomatoes before I was comfortable, and now it is one of my favorite products! If you're feeling brave enough to use it, after you assemble the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, you can slice the orange!

And don't worry, you'll do fine, no matter what you choose to make!

First, don't forget to BREATHE!!!! I do know what you mean about feeling clutzy and inept w/the tools. I hadn't been to a PC show in 4-5 years when I decided to sign up so hadn't seen anything demoed. I just practiced my recipe, the Elegant Artichoke Appetizers, twice. I still struggle with the mandoline so don't really demo it. Just mention the various blades and run my hand down the front to show the safety of it.

Remember, your show doesn't have to be perfect, noone expects perfection but you. Just talk about what you know and love and don't worry about the rest. You'll do great!! Truthfully, noone will remember that much about the show other than getting together with their friends.

DTM2D said:
Oh my goodness, only 4 days until my Grand Opening and I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO COOK.

Last week I tried the Three Cheese Pizza, it was OK, Today I tried the California Chicken Squares and the Taco Ring to see if they would work for a ""Zero Cook"" like me. My son and I both decided those wouldn't work. The Taco Ring was much too spicy and since I don't have a good plate for a great impression, that wouldn't work. The California Squares were just plain bad. NOW What??!!??

I am going to be coming straight home from work and putting on the party. I really need to be pre----pared.

I can't demonstrate the mandolin because I still can't seem to make it work right. I have never felt so much like a poor cook more in my life. I have cooked before, but not using the things that looked so easy when I have gone to PC shows.

I AM SCARED!! I have about decided to just have my guests do all the demonstration for me, what do you think?:eek: :eek: :eek:Dee:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
I know the feeling your going through!! I've only had 2 cooking shows so far!! The first one I did was the Aloha Pizza. It was great!! The second one I did the 10 min pork tenderloin ( I already had the deep covered baker), another hit!! But the only advice I can give you is just be yourself, have fun, and don't stress!!! You will be amazed at how fast you can come up with something if anything happens to go wrong!! Someone said earlier that if you mess up, just say "see they let anyone do this!" trust me, it works!! Things will be alright! Good luck to you!

DTM2D said:

What I would suggest.. play to your fear! I always have a big sign with the phone number... 1-800-GOPIZZA. I tell everyone right up front: We always eat at PC Shows. Since I generally make things I have never made, I like to keep the pizza number close at hand! People laugh and off we go. Never had to use it yet.

Do the chicken club house squares. They are easy and good. Hardly any "cooking" involved!

What happened with the Taco Ring??? It it's too spicy, just cut down the spice. And for presentation, you want to have it on the round stone. I am guessing you have the bar pan but not the round stone. I have made this a ton of times and everyone always LOVES it.

First thing I'm thinking is --- Where is your Director? Or your recruiter? One of them should be willing to help you out here, even if it means having you over to teach you how to make something.

That said, you have everything you need to make the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. They are delicious - just be sure that your cream cheese is softened (not by the microwave!) before you try them. If it isn't soft enough, it will mess up the crust really bad. Use canned chicken - I usually use 2 of the large cans (a bit more than the recipe calls for) of the white breast meat chicken.

I don't have a whole lot of luck making rings - I think it will be easier with a scoop, and one of those does not come with the kit.

You can do this.

I make the braid rather than the ring, and you can do the braid on the large bar pan. It's easier to get the filling on the braid if you don't have the scoop. You just pour it out onto the crescents.

You could always do the Hot Pizza dip (All The Best cookbook). I usually have that coming out of the oven just as the guests arrive. It's quick and easy and you can prep ahead if you're nervous. It's always a big hit. On the nights that my husband works I have to do a really quick demo. So for those nights I cook that then I show and talk about the products that I really want to sell. It's a very casual and easy night. The guests seem to really like it. My show average has actually gone up!
Good luck with everything!! Take a deep breath. Don't forget to have fun and let us know how it goes!!

Thank youWell I just heard from my Director and she says to just go with the Three Cheese Veggie Pizza. She said she would come over early to help me get prepared.

My prayers have been answered. :p

All your advice has helped me so much too. The best thing I learned is to BREATH and HAVE FUN and most of all, no one will remember that much about the show other than getting together with their friends.

Thank you, Dee

What are the chicken clubhouse squares? Can I get the recipe from someone?
[email protected]

DTM2D said:

I am SO with you on this part. I first saw the mandoline demo'd at the first PC show I attended, and loved how easy it looked. When I signed up to sell, I was more excited about getting the mandoline than anything else. Until...I tried to use it. I hated it!!! :mad:

When i signed up for this site, the first thing I looked up was the Mandoline. Someone (God love you, whoever it was!!) mentioned buying a bag of potatoes, and just keep slicing them until you get comfortable. IT WORKED!!! And the potato soup, the baked potato rounds, and the homemade fried potato chips were a hit with the family~:cool:

I have found this site to have most all the PC recipes and the Chicken Clubhouse Squares is there....

http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm

1. What are some quick and easy recipes I can make for my grand opening?

Some quick and easy recipes that are perfect for a grand opening include mini quiches, bruschetta, fruit skewers, and mini meatballs. These can all be made ahead of time and reheated or served at room temperature.

2. I have guests with dietary restrictions, what can I cook for them?

For guests with dietary restrictions, consider making a vegetable platter with dip, hummus and crackers, or a gluten-free pasta salad. You can also offer a variety of toppings for a build-your-own salad bar.

3. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my menu?

There are many ways to incorporate Pampered Chef products into your menu. You can use the Manual Food Processor to make homemade salsa or guacamole, use the Stoneware to make mini pizzas, or use the Quick Cooker to make a delicious soup or stew.

4. I'm on a tight budget, what are some budget-friendly recipes I can make?

If you're on a tight budget, you can make dishes like pasta with homemade sauce, a veggie stir-fry, or a hearty soup using affordable ingredients. You can also consider making appetizers or bite-sized snacks instead of full meals.

5. What are some make-ahead recipes that I can prepare beforehand?

Some make-ahead recipes that you can prepare beforehand include slow cooker pulled pork, chicken salad, or a veggie-packed quinoa salad. These dishes can be made the day before and refrigerated until your grand opening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • mareramseyer
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcjeanie
  • tdixon