• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theSliced Cherry Tomatoes Idea.

In summary, the sliced cherry tomatoes idea is a method of cutting cherry tomatoes using two plastic lids and a sharp knife. Any sturdy plastic lid can be used for this technique, and it can also work for other small fruits or vegetables. No special knives or tools are needed, but a serrated or tomato knife is recommended for a clean cut. While it is not recommended for children to use without adult supervision, older children can assist in the process.
Pamperedva
Gold Member
I know the idea has been going around about how to slice a bunch of cherry tomatoes quickly by putting them between 2 lids, I have seen it done with those square ziplock plastic lids.

My husband is prepping a recipe using the tomatoes. He gets out his knife to slice them. I said wait a minute, lets try something. The only lids I have on hand are the Prep bowl lids. We used 2 of the 3-cup size lids. Load the bottom lid with the tomatoes, places the 2nd lid on top and then carefully slide your knife through the tomatoes as you hold the top lid down on the tomatoes for leverage. Worked like a charm and is a huge time saver!!

Why, thank you! I am going to try this next time I slice some cherry tomatoes. Which oddly enough, I have been doing a lot of, because the best year-round tomatoes I can find are those Cherub cherry tomatoes. They are expensive, but I think the best value when it comes down to flavor.

Had to read twice to comprehend what you were saying. The first read had me slicing up the prep bowl lids, along with the tomatoes.:blushing:

This also works well with grapes! I've been doing it for a few years now; I saw it first on a Rachel Ray show.

1. What is the sliced cherry tomatoes idea?

The sliced cherry tomatoes idea is a simple and efficient way to cut cherry tomatoes without making a mess. It involves placing cherry tomatoes between two plastic lids and using a sharp knife to slice through them all at once.

2. Can I use any type of lid for this technique?

Yes, you can use any type of plastic lid as long as it is sturdy enough to hold the tomatoes in place and can withstand the pressure of a knife slicing through them.

3. Does this technique work for other small fruits or vegetables?

While this technique was specifically designed for cherry tomatoes, it can also be used for other small fruits or vegetables such as grapes, olives, or even small potatoes.

4. Do I need any special knives or tools for this technique?

No, any sharp knife will work for this technique. However, we recommend using a serrated or tomato knife for a more precise and clean cut.

5. Is this technique safe for children to use?

This technique involves the use of a sharp knife, so it is not recommended for children to try without adult supervision. However, older children can participate in the process of placing the tomatoes between the lids and pressing down gently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies