• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Backorded Deep Dish Covered Baker

In summary, many people have signed up for Pampered Chef since last year, but there have been problems with the shipping process. Backorders last an average of about a month, and the worst-case date for shipping is usually in the email.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Well... I may as well learn how to handle backorders right away huh? I just got notice that the first of 2 Deep Dish Covered Bakers is backordered... I'm sure the other one will be also. From your experience... how long do backorders usually last?

I just got the same email. I am really surprised too since it is a new item and an expensive one!! I have two on backorder. My email said they would be shipping on the 16th. I still have two of the stone bowl/lids on backorder from last month! I can understand those since they were a discontinued item. Oh well. I've already informed my hostess (both were for her) and she is not upset even though one was a birthday gift that is already late!

I got this e-mail too. At least they are shipping on the 16th! When the cherry and olive pitter was backordered it took about a month to receive. In my experience PC ships them according to the date in the e-mail or sooner, and rarely ships after then. I think the date they send in the e-mail is the "worst-case" date.

A little disappointed!I have been a little disappointed with Pampered Chef the past couple of months.
I have actually had complete strangers order from my website about 10 the past two months. Which is great!! And two of the ladies called to tell me they were missing products.
What a horrible way to introduce PC to somebody. I apologized and sent them a Season's best. I hope Pc gets on the ball. Many of my shows have been shipped with missing or broken items. It's crazy!
Since they raised the prices on some products, raised shipping costs, and now expect $60 in sales to get a FREE guest special I would expect better customer service.
I mean we know that $4.00 is a great price for shipping stoneware, cookware, etc...but to the person ordering only one or two little items that's all they notice, the higher shipping.
Sorry had to vent a little. It seems like the shipments are getting worse instead of better in my opinion. I hope they train those people in HO a little faster and actually check their work.
Debbie

It didn't used to be like this! I have been doing this for over 2 years, and it seems like all my problems (broken and missing items/getting 5 different answers to a question at HO, etc.) started this past Spring. It is just my experience, but I didn't use to have these problems before! That sucks that it happened to the two people that are harder to smooth it over with Debbie!

When they came out with the cranberry stoneware sometime in Sept. 04, they were always on back order, especially just before Thanksgiving. I had a lot of PO guest!!!:mad:

That was right when I joined, and it was crazy because all the people that ordered the stoneware were my friends and family!

I agreel; it seems like since this spring we've had more problems. Ironic that that's about the time we started getting super fast shipping? I LOVE the order turn-around time now; as long as they're not shipping things out too fast that we're getting missing or broken items. Yes, it's impressive that hosts get their orders within a week of submitting it, but if there's problems it's not so impressive! When I first started, it would take around a week between the time I sumbitted a show & when it was shipped.
I'm a little irritated right now with the turn-around time on my supply order. It took 3 days to ship! And of course I was really needing some of those things I ordered!
It frustrates me too, when you call HO, & get different answers to almost the same problems...just depending on who you talk to:confused:

I forgot that the crappy service correlated with fast shipping! I am sure that my guests would rather have their products in one week rather than the three it takes to do an adjustment!

Also realize that we are growing so fast as a company both with new consultants and new products!42000 people have signed up since I did a year ago. I don't know how many are kitnappers, but that's a lot of people!

Ok, I have to jump in here, Yes, sometimes there are mistakes on HO side of the "packed boxes" BUT, in most cases the problems are with UPS!!! Anyone else remember the year we shipped things thru the post office? NIGHTMARE!!!

The packing slips are accurate so I do feel like they are leaving the warehouse with the products inside but many of my hosts boxes are arriving retaped, gaping holes in the sides, open, dented & on one occassion a mystery host show shipped to me ALL 5 boxes were soaking wet!!! (We are in a DROUGHT when these were delivered there hadn't been rain in months!)! Many of the products were damaged and HO had to do replacements.

I have had my 2 of supply orders arrive this fall with NOTHING PC related in the box 1 had a pair of size 4x orange cordorouy pants the other box had pamphlets for a nurses convention. EACH were supply orders of over $100!!

I have a friend who works at UPS and she says ALL boxes take a beating when they are unloaded at the hubs.

Last week a friend of mine had a pkg delivered & the UPS man left it in her mailbox which of course the postal person promptly took out when doing the route it took them forever to get it back.

When I earned pan o rama I stood at the kitchen window and watched him toss all of my cookware boxes onto the grass!!
Teresa

I agree that it's not always PC related, it has a lot to do with the handling of boxes. i've had boxes come to me with giant holes in them and items would be missing out of them...it'd be correct on the packing slip but just gone from the box.

I've got home more than one time to see my boxes out in the middle of the driveway, and I have a carport so all they had to do was back up a few more feet and put them under there????

I've also received items that were not pc related....I was trying to seperate a show and opened one box and it was a bunch of john deere hats that were supposed to go to the local tractor place.

PC is growing and you can't expect them to get everything right all the time. I know there's been times that it gets pretty aggravating BUT I'm sure that they are doing there best to get everyone trained.

What is the size of the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker?

The Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker has a capacity of 2.5 quarts and measures 11.25" x 8.75" x 2.5".

Can the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker be used in the oven?

Yes, the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F.

Is the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.

What materials is the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker made of?

The Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker is made of stoneware, which is durable and retains heat for even baking.

What is the warranty for the Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker?

The Backordered Deep Dish Covered Baker has a 3-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Please refer to our website for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • angie2718