• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back in the Saddle: My First Show in 2 Months and It Was a Hit!

In summary, Janet did a great job hosting her first show in almost two months. She made the easy salsa and a peanut butter cup trifle (brownies, fudge pudding with peanut butter melted and stirred in, cool whip and peanut butter cup chunks on top). She lost count of the number of women that came, but they all seemed to have a lot of fun. It was also a neat show personally. Most of the guests went to an area church, and they all seemed to have a lot of in common. She is looking forward to doing more shows in the near future.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Well guys, I just came home from doing my first show in almost 2 months! I got done with my 90 days then life took over and all my May shows cancelled or postponed due to busy lives!

Tonight was fun...12-13 ladies (I lost count)...$400 in sales...2 bookings...not too bad...

We made the quick and easy salsa and a peanut butter cup trifle (brownies, fudge pudding with peanut butter melted and stirred in, cool whip and peanut butter cup chunks on top). Everyone LOVED the recipes. I had free postcards from vistaprint with the salsa recipe on them and they LOVED taking it home. One lady headed home to make herself a batch of salsa (she was headed to the grocery store to get cilantro first but I gave her some instead to save her the trip - too funny!).

For fun, when they filled out door prize slips I said I'd give an extra prize to whoever guessed the closest to how long I've been selling PC...get this...the guesses were: 5 years, 5 years, 8 years, 9 years, 10 years, 12 years, 15 years, 6 months (from a lady who know me - cheater - he-he). I thought that was quite the compliment!!!! Yeah! I get excited when people have fun at shows more so than the sales/bookings - am I wierd or what?! ...just had to share...

Hope all are having a good night!

Great job Janet! Sounds like you are an "old" pro! (Or at least they thought you were! - that's what counts!)
I always feel like if everyone is having fun, than the sales and bookings will follow! FUN is the most important factor of a good show!

ChefBeckyD said:
Great job Janet! Sounds like you are an "old" pro! (Or at least they thought you were! - that's what counts!)

Thanks Becky! :) It helps to own the stuff for well over a decade, you can then talk with the best of guests about all the products past and present.

It was also a neat show personally...most of the guests went to an area church so we had a lot in common although I just met them. The host I found out had just moved here in August from Virginia and had attended Wheaton for college (my mom used to live and work in Wheaton and got married at Wheaton Bible), etc., etc. We had fun chatting afterwards.

janetupnorth said:
... had attended Wheaton for college (my mom used to live and work in Wheaton and got married at Wheaton Bible), etc., etc. We had fun chatting afterwards.
Congrats on the great show! Great job getting back in the saddle.

I grew up in Wheaton and my parents and in-laws still live there. I'm about 20 minutes away from Wheaton now.:)

janetupnorth said:
Thanks Becky! :) It helps to own the stuff for well over a decade, you can then talk with the best of guests about all the products past and present.

It was also a neat show personally...most of the guests went to an area church so we had a lot in common although I just met them. The host I found out had just moved here in August from Virginia and had attended Wheaton for college (my mom used to live and work in Wheaton and got married at Wheaton Bible), etc., etc. We had fun chatting afterwards.
It's the chatting after the show that makes my shows so long......it seems like my hosts/frequent guest become good friends! I just had a show w/ some of my "Groupies", but there were several guests there I didn't know......the show started at around 7:20, I was done by 8:00, but didn't leave there until 9:45.....one lady I had never met was chatting with me as we did her order, and in the process found out that her DS & DIL go to my church, and also some friends of hers! Small world! Then several of the women there wanted to have me come do a show for them @ their annual Beach Getaway Weekend....and then just ended up inviting me to come hang out with them for the whole weekend! What fun! What I love is that enexpected perk of my job - meeting new people and making some great friendships!

Janet, small world....I live in Lombard, right next to Wheaton, and Pampered Val lives just a block or two from Wheaton college. Good job on getting back in the saddle. I hate it when I have not had a show in a couple weeks, it sometimes feels like my first show all over again!!!!

Can you imagine if all of us mapped where we have lived in the past how much we'd have in common?

Or...a giant map of all our guests and hosts? I think that we've all had customers in common, customers who know or are related to other people's customers, etc.

The host's SIL was at the party - visiting from Dayton, OH. She owns most of the catalog so I KNOW she is someone's good customer in OH. :)

My host just moved from VA in August and she has a lot of PC stuff so I'm sure the same holds true for that.

Isn't it funny how things link like that? One of my SD's directors moved to VA last year. She is currently back in the area doing family things, and mentioned that "It makes me feel like I'm at home when I'm at my hospitality meeting in VA and someone mentions an idea they got from chefann on Chef Success." So somebody on this forum who lives in VA is sharing ideas.And then there's the case of the woman who's hospitality in my own cluster. When we were at Leadership, we went to the bar in the hotel where she was meeting her "real" cluster. One of those fantastic people was PCGina, who recognized me.

What type of products were featured in the show?

The show featured a variety of Pampered Chef products including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and food items.

What was the theme of the show?

The theme of the show was "Back in the Saddle" which focused on getting back into cooking and entertaining after a break.

Were there any special promotions or discounts during the show?

Yes, there were special promotions and discounts offered during the show for attendees to take advantage of.

Did the show include any cooking demonstrations?

Yes, the show included several cooking demonstrations featuring some of our new and popular products.

Were there any giveaways or prizes at the show?

Yes, there were giveaways and prizes for attendees to win throughout the show, including some exclusive Pampered Chef items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies