• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

August Wrap-Up: Hoping for a Better September!

In summary, Becky had a bad August but September looks much better. She has 6 cooking and 2 catalog shows scheduled so far for the month.
heat123
Silver Member
So how was everyone's August now that's it's over?
Hopefully a heck of alot better than mine! I had 1 cancel-postpone, 1 boutique with a $50 order and 2 MIA hosts:( . Hopefully Sept will make up for this month, with 5 shows so far -maybe 6 if I do my Host appreciation party?

Sounds like my august
I had 1 cancel/postpone
1 host mia-don't know when I am going to close the show-its been 2 weeks
1 catalog show host who won't return my phone calls
1 terrible show-I will never do a show for her again!!!

lets go September!!

August - 1 cooking, 1 catalog, both were the end of the month.

July - 1 show only at beginning of month

September - 2 catalog shows (one is my own) and I have the 20th, 21st and 22nd booked for cooking shows - YIKES! - Am I crazy? I am out of town the 17th-19th for work (Ann Arbor, MI) and don't get back until about midnight on the 20th then go to work that day then do a show...

...maybe I need to take a vacation day on the 20th?

Sorry to hear I wasn't the only one with a lame month. But Whoo hoo for Sept and the fall!

I had 2 catalog shows and another that is supposed to close tonight but I can't for the life of me get ahold of her. I have 3 cat. shows for Sept. and 1 cooking show so, I hope for the better :)

I had a lot of hosts reschedule shows this month!! I ended up only submitting 1 show. I did a show last night but that probably won't close until Monday. My Fall is already looking good, so I'm happy!

I am SOOOO excited for September!

I have addresses for my first 4 shows already - and even though I don't have addresses yet for the others - I know they will hold - the hosts are extremely motivated to get those pans!!! (8 Cooking, 1 fundraiser, and 3 Catalog shows!)

August ~ more than ready to say "buh-bye"!
2 Shows - cancelled
2 Shows - held ~ both decent shows with bookings
2 Catalog Shows - both with hosts MIA - who knows if they even collected orders!

Wow Becky, you're August wasn't your usual either - sorry to hear!

September looks AWESOME for you - good luck!

My August wasn't too bad - had 2 cooking shows and 6 online orders from one wedding registry! (gotta love those and the wedding isn't until November 23rd!) It was better than last August for which I'm happy and I did get 2 bookings from my shows as well. September is looking great - 6 cooking shows and 1 catalog show (my shows are on the 7th, 8th, 13th,
14th, (either 16th or 23rd), and the 21st. Also I may have one more scheduled in September - waiting to confirm a date. So I will definitely be busy - but I'm very excited - I had zero sales last September so I'm hoping for the start of a great fall!

Well~let's see...
I show cancelled, I catalog host MIA
3 kitchen shows, very low sales, will only end with $860 in sales this month, my lowest month yet! Ugh, glad it's over...NOW on to SEPTEMBER!!! WOOOHOOO!
I have 6 kitchens shows SO FAR, and 5 catalog shows!! Can't wait. I am shooting for $6000 in sales this month, have to start my Christmas shopping!!

Way to go Kelly! I'm shooting for big sales too - would be great to have that commission for Christmas!

I feel so blessed... I did 7 cooking shows with my second best month ever at $3435 $18 short of my best ever month. I am amazed and so thankful. I am so excited about Sept. I have 5 cooking and 2 cattys scheduled so far and am definitely going for more. Sept is going to be awesome for all of us!!!!

tpchefrebecca said:
I had 2 catalog shows and another that is supposed to close tonight but I can't for the life of me get ahold of her. I have 3 cat. shows for Sept. and 1 cooking show so, I hope for the better :)

I just closed that 3rd catalog show! A whopping $590.97 in sales! That is not at all what my norm is but I actually am getting a larger paycheck than I thought I was getting so now I will have caught up on everything! It feels good! Here's too a better Sept! (holding drink in glass, toasting, sipping) Now back to the phones :)

I ended up with 2 cooking shows, and 1 catalog show I was hoping to close on tonight, but haven't heard from her (after leaving a message).

tpchefrebecca said:
I just closed that 3rd catalog show! A whopping $590.97 in sales! That is not at all what my norm is but I actually am getting a larger paycheck than I thought I was getting so now I will have caught up on everything! It feels good! Here's too a better Sept! (holding drink in glass, toasting, sipping) Now back to the phones :)

Wow Rebecca! That is an awesome catalog show! Good for you!:thumbup: :D

Whoops! I ment for the month that was my sales $590.97. I didn't think that I was going to get that last cat. show in to get over $100 in commission, but I did so now I don't have to fret where I am going to come up with the extra $.

So that is 3 catalog show with 2 over $200 in sales and one with $160 and change. Sorry for the confusion but I do appreciate the support. I wouldn't be hanging on by a thread if it weren't for the support here on CS and from my director. So I thank you anyway Beck D.! :) because I do feel good!

I had a pretty decent august...2567. I'm really looking forward to sept with 6 cooking shows and 5 catalog! :0)

I had 3 shows in August for sales of $2786
8 shows & 1 catalog for Sept.

Do not feel bad, my commission this month will be a big fat goose egg! I had a lot of family issues and just couldnt get into anything! In Sept things look a lot better. Thank god!

My June was my worst month, but I had no shows - just scraped together 2 catty shows to get my sharps.

July was a little better - 1 catty show, 1 cooking show and 1 fundraiser.

August was great! My best Aug ever (over $2000 in sales and still counting - prob. closer to $3000) - 3 cooking shows, 1 catty show, 2 brides redeeming registry rewards and a few big indiv. orders!

Sept. I have 1 cooking show booked and 6 catalog shows - WOW! I don't think I've ever had that many catty shows booked in one month. I'm going back to work FT this month, so I didn't really push the bookings. I'm booked through Nov. though!! Go figure - when you want them, there nowhere to be found, when you don't really need them, they're calling you left and right! :eek:

Well, August was actually my best month ever! But you should know that I held one--yes, count them, ONE--show in August. We moved on two weeks notice this month, so I kept it kind of slow. I had three July shows that would.not.close. for the life of me. I just barely make the 5th deadline for the saute pan. So those three, plus my HUGE fundraiser ($1894.50), and one surprise online order puts me at...

$3187.12!!!

Yay! I am also very excited about September. I've got my fall kick-off, three cooking shows, one catty, and a booth at the mall for three days! Woo-hoo! I hope I can schedule two more cooking shows from the kick-off or the booth. :)

Teresa Lynn said:
I had 3 shows in August for sales of $2786
8 shows & 1 catalog for Sept.

WOW! Those are great sales for only 3 shows!:thumbup: Do you have any tips for increasing show sales?

I had 2 cooking shows, 1 catty show, 1 MIA catty show (not holding my breath on that one) and 1 catty show that probably wont go in till after this weekend. One suprise online order ($225) put me to just under $1,200 for the month. In fact, I was like $8 away!

Not a spectacular month but better than I thought for having only 2 cooking shows booked.

September will be my BEST month ever (hopefully)!

Aug was my worst month of the year:yuck: Still ended up with $2500, but my goal this year was to not have a month under 3K. Had lots of cancellations, cooking shows turn into catalog (which 2 of them I couldn't get ahold of to close yesterday, of course!)
Sept is looking up; have 6 cooking, 3 catalog & my open house.:thumbup:

I had a double bridal shower which made my sale over $1400. Plus several online orders for the shower. I close a $300 show out last night. So overall I had a good month.

For Sept. I have 2 out of state catalog shows & I hope to have a mystery host show this month. I may have another show lined up also.

My August was low - but I planned it that way. I stacked September! Sometimes I need that break. Plus, day job has been waaaayyyy stressful as of late.

Ellen,
I send the invites for my hosts & onl;y do 1 recipe.
I really believe in keeping it easy for my hosts

My August stunk. I had a whole $187 from a catalog show for July. That's it. But, my September will for sure be bigger! :) I am going to make it happen!!

crystalscookingnow said:
My August stunk. I had a whole $187 from a catalog show for July. That's it. But, my September will for sure be bigger! :) I am going to make it happen!!
Still better than my $50 ind order!;) Let's all look forward to Sept!

I had 2 Aug shows but 1 cancelled but I did close out 2 July shows which helped. This yr has definitly beat out last yr though.

glad to see august end - worst month ever for sales. On the bright side I did gain 2 new recruits. Can't wait to get back into "show mode", my calendar is looking better than it has since I first started.
Good luck to all of you, I'm excited to see what the fall season will bring!!

1. How was everyone's August overall?

In my experience, August can be a hit or miss month for Pampered Chef consultants. Some have great success with lots of bookings and sales, while others may struggle with cancellations and low sales. It really depends on individual circumstances and how much effort was put into the business during the month.

2. Did anyone have any successful shows in August?

As mentioned before, August can be a challenging month, but there are always success stories. It's important to focus on the positive and celebrate any shows that were successful, no matter how big or small. Every sale counts towards your business and can lead to future opportunities.

3. How can I make up for a slow August?

There are a few ways to help make up for a slow August. One option is to focus on booking more shows for September and beyond. You can also try reaching out to past customers or potential hosts to see if they are interested in hosting a party. Additionally, promoting any sales or specials for the month can also help generate more interest and sales.

4. What can I do to ensure a better September?

The best way to ensure a better September is to plan ahead and be proactive. Set goals for yourself and your business, create a marketing plan, and reach out to potential hosts and customers. You can also attend team meetings or training sessions to learn new techniques and strategies for success.

5. What is a Host Appreciation Party and should I have one in September?

A Host Appreciation Party is a way to show gratitude and appreciation to your past hosts. It can be a fun and casual gathering where you provide snacks, drinks, and maybe some small gifts to thank them for their support. September is a great month to have a Host Appreciation Party since it can help generate more bookings for the upcoming holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • cbord