• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready for the World's Longest Yard Sale?

In summary, the World's Longest Yard Sale is happening this weekend and there are many different options for where to go to find items. There is a church that has a yard sale that is over a mile long, and there is also a 630 mile long yard sale starting in Alabama and going to Ohio. It's free to participate in, and you can find almost anything at it.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

I am just curious as to whether anyone else is going to the World's Longest Yard Sale this weekend (August 2 - 5)? My friends and I are going. This is the second time for me, but some of them are on their seventh trip.

I plan on looking for a pair of Pampered Chef Onion Goggles. I remember seeing those at Home Office and I just think they are so funny!

Lisa

Never heard of it.....but I'm planning on having one of my own!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Too far to go for me. Let us know what all you find.

Lisa - is that the one that is like 2 miles long?

There are a couple of those now - there's also one on the Lincoln Highway now, that has people in Ohio and Indiana participating.

Ok. I know there is a church around here that has one that is over a mile long. I didn't know if that was what she was talking about or something different.

The Annual Lincoln Highway Buy Way is scheduled for Aug 9-11 and this year, it's in West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois!http://www.historicbyway.com/buyway.htmlIf I remember right, the Longest Yard Sale is along US 23, isn't it? I remember seeing a thing about it on television but don't remember the details. I suppose it inspired the Lincoln Buy Way idea.

This one is 630 miles long. It starts in Alabama and goes to Ohio. We will be focusing our efforts mainly in Tennessee.

Here is the link for it. http://www.127sale.com/

You can find almost anything at it.

ChefLisa said:
This one is 630 miles long. ..........
ooohhhh that's a lot of junk......sorry, possibly good stuff to look through!

WOW! We are heading to Alabama this weekend to find a new home, maybe I'll find some junk along the way to go in it:)

ChefLisa said:
This one is 630 miles long. It starts in Alabama and goes to Ohio. We will be focusing our efforts mainly in Tennessee.

Here is the link for it. http://www.127sale.com/

You can find almost anything at it.
Through Michigan on US 127 and entire towns along the way we have to pay for a permit for a garage sale (they tried taxes on the sale but that didn't work) but no permit required this weekend

Related to Are You Ready for the World's Longest Yard Sale?

1. What is the "World's Longest Yard Sale!"?

The "World's Longest Yard Sale!" is an annual event that takes place in August along a 690-mile stretch of US Highway 127 from Michigan to Alabama. It is known as the world's longest yard sale because it spans across multiple states and offers a variety of unique items for sale.

2. When does the "World's Longest Yard Sale!" take place?

The "World's Longest Yard Sale!" takes place every year in August. The exact dates may vary, but it typically runs from Thursday to Sunday during the first full weekend of the month.

3. Where does the "World's Longest Yard Sale!" start and end?

The "World's Longest Yard Sale!" starts in Addison, Michigan and ends in Gadsden, Alabama. The route follows US Highway 127 through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia.

4. Can anyone participate in the "World's Longest Yard Sale!"?

Yes, anyone can participate in the "World's Longest Yard Sale!" by setting up a booth or selling items along the route. However, vendors are required to have a permit from the local authorities in each state.

5. What types of items can I find at the "World's Longest Yard Sale!"?

You can find a wide range of items at the "World's Longest Yard Sale!" including antiques, collectibles, furniture, clothing, crafts, and more. The items available may vary from year to year and location to location along the route.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mpkegley
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • snellskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
snellskitchen
  • christinaspc