• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are We Supposed to Handle Returns Again?

In summary, HO has changed their return policy so that consultants are not allowed to handle returns anymore. However, some consultants still do. The most dreaded part of the show for consultants is when a customer brings in a product that has broken.
Hunter Mom
I have been on-again off-again for 10 years with PC. When I started, most of us would take a customer's damaged items and deal with PC for them. At one point, HO said that we were not supposed to do this any more, that we're supposed to refer customers to them. However, reading the posts on here, it seems like a lot of consultants do take returns now. Did they change this again while I wasn't a consultant??

There's no official policy either way. Some consultants only handle returns within the first 30 days (I'm one of them). After that, they refer them to HO. Others handle returns for customers no matter when. It's all on what you want to do.

To add to what Keith said, the HO is now asking more questions before processing returns/exchanges after the first 30 days. Chances are good that you won't know the answers to the questions they ask.

I was one who handled all returns and then called the customer with the info from PC to get it processed - in other words I did everything but mail the item back and in some cases I did that too.

Now with the threat that they may not accept the return once they see it (especially with cookware) I give the customer the phone number. I tell them that it's best they talk directly with HO because they'll be able to answer all the questions while I'd be guessing. I have had no problem with people accepting this method of CS. If they are refused the return they don't blame me which is a plus with this way of processing the issue.

If the return is something obviously covered such as arriving damaged I will handle it completely but again in most cases the customer has the item so I still need to give them the reference number and instrust on how the return will happen.

I have handled a few for customers - including the one who refused to do it herself but would rather drive 20 minutes to my house to leave the product on my door step! But for 99% of them I refer them back to their receipt and the number on the back. Someone last night stopped in with a broken mini serving spatula. Told him the same thing - we as consultant's are not allowed to handle returns.

wadesgirl said:
I have handled a few for customers - including the one who refused to do it herself but would rather drive 20 minutes to my house to leave the product on my door step! But for 99% of them I refer them back to their receipt and the number on the back. Someone last night stopped in with a broken mini serving spatula. Told him the same thing - we as consultant's are not allowed to handle returns.

Isn't it amazing that people expect a $4 item to last forever?!

BethCooks4U said:
Isn't it amazing that people expect a $4 item to last forever?!

The most dreaded part of my show is when you are in the middle of it and someone reaches for their purse and pulls out xyz product that broke on them and wants to talk about it in the middle of the show! I had a lady pull out a medium bar pan once!

wadesgirl said:
The most dreaded part of my show is when you are in the middle of it and someone reaches for their purse and pulls out xyz product that broke on them and wants to talk about it in the middle of the show! I had a lady pull out a medium bar pan once!

Yep. That's happened to me plenty of times too. I'm sure you handle it well. ;) In my case, I say "Thanks for bringing that up! It reminds me to tell you all that our products are all guaranteed, some for one year, others for lifetime." I then talk about the use and care card and that it shows the length of that product's guarantee and what it covers. I also tell the person that we can talk about her issue after the demo. (I make her take the product back home with her to either wait for the processing info or make the call to HO herself.)

I had a guest on Friday bring her receipt for a broken stone (left the stone at home). There was no date on the receipt but she was pretty sure that it was within the last three years. She just couldn't find the phone # on the back. I showed her where it was and she was happy.

It turns out that the consultant she bought it from is in my cluster. I remember when she joined. I have been doing this for two years, so I am confident that she is within her warranty period.

wadesgirl said:

Yeah, at my last show, I had someone pull out the OLD baker's roller, the wooden one from, like years ago!! I couldn't believe it. I told her I would be happy to give her a 10% discount on a new one or help her earn one free by booking a show, but that I was pretty confident that it was no longer under warranty.

I was laughing hearing of others who have guests whip out a broken piece of PC during a party. My last one was a $4 mini serving spatula!

this one nearly takes the cake-

this month Sept 2010

a customer brings me her Large Simple Additions Square Platter- and proceeds to tell me - just the other day I opened it and it is damaged....and asks me to return it.

HELLO....that was discontinued years ago.....
WTH....am I suppose to do for you?????

Told her cannot do anything...lesson learned when you GET your product open it up and check it out!!!

DUH......

I wonder if she bought it from the outlet, where there's no guarantee?I remember hearing from somebody that you should do returns to build customer good will ... but I don't do that anymore. Not since I waited HOURS on the phone one fall to process a return ... and meanwhile, there was SERIOUS drama going on in my house!I'll handle returns for MY CUSTOMERS ONLY right now since it's easier for me to get a reference number than it is for them to deal with H.O. But other customers, no. Exchanges (as in, "I don't like my bar pan, I'd rather have a round stone with handles) no. I can't answer the questions H.O. has. If anybody is going to sit on hold with H.O. it will be them, not me.

1. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

The return policy for Pampered Chef products varies depending on the type of product. Generally, products can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. However, some products may have a longer or shorter return window. It is best to check the specific return policy for the product in question.

2. Can I return a product if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, you can still return a product even if you no longer have the original packaging. However, please make sure to securely package the product for return shipping to avoid any damage during transit. It is also recommended to include a copy of the order confirmation or receipt with the return.

3. What if I received a damaged or defective product?

If you received a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to provide a replacement or issue a refund. Please do not attempt to return the product without contacting us first.

4. Are there any products that cannot be returned?

Yes, there are some products that cannot be returned. These include personalized or customized items, as well as products that have been used or are not in their original condition. Additionally, any items purchased from a third-party retailer cannot be returned to Pampered Chef.

5. How long does it take to process a return?

Once we receive your returned product, it can take up to 2 weeks for the return to be processed and for the refund to be issued. If you have not received your refund after 2 weeks, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • blestmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • AprilM