• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Always Wear the Apron? I Can't Handle It!

In summary, the girls all have different opinions on the apron. Some people do not like them because they are uncomfortable or because they do not fit well. Some people like to wear them for special occasions, like competitions or when they are cooking for guests. One person wears theirs all the time, but does not like the denim option. Another person likes the embroidered options and has a few prizes in their apron pocket.
JoyfulChef said:
Where can you get t-shirts other than earning them? I was thinking of buying a denim chef jacket but they're pricey

LOL...from ME!!! :D

Look what I did inside the closet - a place to hang all my aprons!!!
One long nail...right now it has 5 aprons on it - I have to dig up my pink HWC one...not sure where it is.

Attachments

• TestShots 112 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 112 (Large).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 420
I was wondering the same thing! I also would feel "fake" wearing it because it's so not me. I think I'll get a name tag also and a nice PC shirt. Maybe I should "bedazzle" my apron! lol

I never thought about the kids apron!! Maybe I should give it a try... when I have the baby of course!! I just sprung for the maternity shirt, PC half zip, and the hooded zipper coat (can't remember what it is really called) so I have more to boost my business. I really need the maternity shirt...

HOLY CRAP CAROLYN...LOOK AT THAT CLOSET... I didn't see it before..but I can only imagine. I am sooo proud of you. I think you diserve a present!!! Looks almost better than what I would do.....

Jilleysue said:
HOLY CRAP CAROLYN...LOOK AT THAT CLOSET... I didn't see it before..but I can only imagine. I am sooo proud of you. I think you diserve a present!!! Looks almost better than what I would do.....

The desk still looks frightening LOL
I am slowing working on digging thru everything on the desk and trying to find places for it all.

I have mixed feelings about the apron - I am avery large lady, and it fits me awkwardly. However, I am also almost 8mos pregnant, and it accomodates the belly nicely!

When I was at conference last year- the woman who did our cooking show live had someone with an embroidery machine put designs and the names of all her trips on there - it was AWESOME! The whole show, you were looking at her going, "Wow- Hawaii, Vienna, Mexico....Wow" If I ever win a trip, I am totally doing that :)

Laurel

Well I don't have a problem with the apron being too small on me!! (I wish!) And, I don't think I've ever noticed it feeling like it fits oddly...

I love my apron. I have accumulated 4 or 5 and wear them all the time when I cook. I am a messy cook - so it works perfect for me. I keep all sorts of goodies in the pockets. I have an OU apron for football season - I can't wear PC on game weekend :)

I have the same problem with my apron! Im new to the game, and Im only 5 feet tall. I would love to wear the apron, I can get pretty messy. Thanks for the tip on the kids size!!!

Cookingfool said:
I have the same problem with my apron! Im new to the game, and Im only 5 feet tall. I would love to wear the apron, I can get pretty messy. Thanks for the tip on the kids size!!!

Soon someone on this forum that embroiders will find herself with a new full-time business - jazzing up the kids aprons or resizing the regular ones. No I don't sew or this would work great for me since I hate making phone calls.

Great Idea!I enjoyed reading everyone's posts about the aprons and I sooo agree about the denim color not being for everybody. I won't wear it but I have earned some in past years that were different colors. I just ordered the Pampered Bride apron and it is white with our new logo. My great idea was to get that one and wear a white apron (It doesn't say bride on it!) or get some Rit dye and dye it to match your favorite color, season or theme.:)
We could also get fabric markers from the craft store and embellish it with anything from designs to host signatures to trips earned.
Hopefully they will upgrade the aprons but until then this might be a possibility.
Anne Killian, #194966
(714) 891-5526
[email protected]
/anne

Last edited:
Nice Anne.....absolutely Perfect Idea..supply Order...here I Come!....lol

I think it is funny that there are so many consultants uncomfortable with their apron because I have consultants that become a consultant BECAUSE of the apron!!

love, love, love the idea of dyeing (sp?) the bride apron!!

Yew!I am a guy and I hate the denim as well. It just doesn't work. I have several others including the red, white and blue but again, I only wear them while doing food. They end up filthy by the end of the cooking part so...
I couldn't even imagine what I would look like without it!

And I think it was Joyful Chef that said something about getting a chef's jacket and having the logo embroidered on it????
Hate to say it, BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
If you don't get it from AIM or PC directly, you can't put the logo on it.

chefanne said:
I enjoyed reading everyone's posts about the aprons and I sooo agree about the denim color not being for everybody. I won't wear it but I have earned some in past years that were different colors. I just ordered the Pampered Bride apron and it is white with our new logo. My great idea was to get that one and wear a white apron (It doesn't say bride on it!) or get some Rit dye and dye it to match your favorite color, season or theme.:)
We could also get fabric markers from the craft store and embellish it with anything from designs to host signatures to trips earned.
Hopefully they will upgrade the aprons but until then this might be a possibility.
Anne Killian, #194966
(714) 891-5526
[email protected]
/anne

(Warning...what I'm about to say is not an original idea :) I probably heard it on here!) Use fabric markers to embellish an apron....white bride would work great...and use it as a recruiting apron with questions on it or anything you want to get people's attention and get them asking your questions.

good luck
dannyzmom said:
The desk still looks frightening LOL
I am slowing working on digging thru everything on the desk and trying to find places for it all.

everytime I empty my desk to "find a home" for everything, most of it ends back up on the desk. Hope you have better luck than I do. :eek:

Like some of the other "puffy" consultants here I never liked the way the apron fit. My solution was to cut off the neck strap and to begin pinning the apron to my shirt using corsage pins.It's not an original idea...my husband is a historian and he pointed out that "aprons" were once called "pinners" because they were attached with--PINS--to the front of the dress! Imagine that!Once I started doing that I could pin the top of the apron just where I wanted it, it stayed where I put it, and I just loosely tie the waist ties around my back.This doesn't solve the fabric issue, of course, but I'll leave that to someone else!For some fun aprons, check out this site: www.kitschnglam.comAnn

thanks for the tip AnnI too have the bagging problem with mine, but if I don't wear it I will be a mess. The funny thing is I was talking to a friend today and she was asking, where can I get one of those aprons? They're so cute :rolleyes: go figure

Hi Joy,

You can purchase lots of different shirts, button downs and polos from V.I.P. they are partnered with PC. Just go to consultants corner, click the tab "promoting your business" and then choose "licensed vendors". Hope that helps!

There are several PC tags, or you can go to MERRILL and get a magnetic nametag - includes the PC logo and is very professional looking.

I have a PC button - square - with new logo on it, I think I got it at Nat.Conference or maybe from my director - anyway, when I wear a chef jacket, I clip that on the upper right of the jacket. Not "illegal"!

Scott, I think those are the buttons from Nancy's Artworks. They have a "starter" pack with buttons, stickers and postcards. And Nancy is so sweet. :)

tlennhoff said:
Soon someone on this forum that embroiders will find herself with a new full-time business - jazzing up the kids aprons or resizing the regular ones. No I don't sew or this would work great for me since I hate making phone calls.

Somebody get sewing!!! LOL, I want my apron to fit!:D

scottcooks said:
There are several PC tags, or you can go to MERRILL and get a magnetic nametag - includes the PC logo and is very professional looking.

I have a PC button - square - with new logo on it, I think I got it at Nat.Conference or maybe from my director - anyway, when I wear a chef jacket, I clip that on the upper right of the jacket. Not "illegal"!

I have the Merrill name tag - the printing on it is SO miniscule I can barely read it on my own body - no way the guests can see it from their seats...useless :(

Um.... someone mentioned embroidery. I have an embroidery machine. If you want your name on your apron, I'd be happy to do it. Of course, I'd have to charge return postage, which would make it more expensive than just going to the embroidery shop in your local mall.

I put my name on the dots apron we were given at Leadership. The apron is white with dots on the pocket. The logo is in Artichoke, so I used Lilac for the name. Too cute! I need to take a pic.

I know this may be a bit late but, I shorten my aprons to fit me. I too am a little short and just adapt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smaclean
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
kailyon
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies