• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

April Recipes: Show Demos, Salad Spinner, Trio Bowl, Rectangle Tray

In summary, the Season's Best recipes are being offered this month, and the host has the choice of one.
twinkie10
Gold Member
So, what is on everyone's menus this month for show demos??? Hmmm.... thinking about still including the Salad Spinner for recruiting purposes.... somehow including the trio bowl for bowls to hold things.... and possibly the rectangle tray with platter for May host specials.....

What are y'all doing? :yuck:

Deluxe Cheeseburger salad!!:love:

I don't offer a monthly recipe. I offer 6 (3 apps & 3 desserts) from the current Season's Best. The host chooses only 1 for the show. I change it every season. Sometimes I change a few for summer (add salads) and winter (Christmas).

Hmmm, I'm pretty comfortable with several recipes - and I love all of the themes that are out right now, so here are the themes I am offering, and the recipes I will do with each theme:Bites & Bevs: Mini Pesto Pizzas & Cran-Rasp Fizz

Real Food Real Fast: 30 Minute Chicken w/ Garlic Parm. Biscuit Bites
15 Minute FajitasChocolate Bliss: Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Chocolate Strawberry Velvet Skillet Cake6 O'Clock Salads: Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
Seven Layer Southwestern Salad
Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Garlic Biscuit BitesSweet & Simple: Mixed Berry Shortcakes
Apple Berry Salsa w/ Baked Cinnamon Chips & Ice Cream

letscook04 said:
Deluxe Cheeseburger salad!!:love:
Yeah!!! It was a great recipe!! Unfortunately, I did this recipe in March to get more bookings... (I have 6 shows in one week... starting two days after the cruise..... I'm so crazy and will probably kick myself!)....... and a few of my April guests have had this recipe :(

Thanks for the great idea!!!

Last edited:
stacywhitlow said:
I don't offer a monthly recipe. I offer 6 (3 apps & 3 desserts) from the current Season's Best. The host chooses only 1 for the show. I change it every season. Sometimes I change a few for summer (add salads) and winter (Christmas).

I do exactly the same thing. These are the recipes I'm offering now:

Jerk Chicken Nachos
Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad
Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares
Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries
Summer Berry Shortcakes
Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes

I also offer to do the Triple Citrus Mojitos if the host wants a "PARTAY!" ;)

HTH!

I tried to pick a few recipies for this month and here is what happened...
I explained to my hostess that she was one of my first shows back since having my baby (who will only be 5 wks. at the time of her show) I told her that while I've been off I have changed some things with the way I run my business to better accomodate my family. (Her show will be my last Sunday show, one recipie from a few i pick, just some streamlining to make shows shorter) I told her that in May I'm doing the strawberry cream trifel. It's quick and easy so I won't be on my feet long and my shows can be shorter while I get back into it. She basically told me no... she is doing her show with another lady, both of which are other direct sales consultants and past hosts of mine. They want to do a ring, the cherry apple tart, and a "few other things". I explained to her about the hands on approach, I told her that I didn't think anyone would want to sit there and watch me cook ALL DAY at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon in MAY! They have other things they may want to do, like yard work or whatever. Anyway... she still doesn't get it. She was a pain in the butt at her last show, she definetley hasen't changed and the other lady doesn't seem to think any different.

My quetion to you...
How do you get your hosts on board with this if you didn't do your shows like this before?

I have also thought about passing this show to my recruiter and playing the "Family Emergency" card. What should I do? I cringe everytime her name comes up on my caller ID!

Sorry for the hijack!

bumping...

So far, I haven't had the problem. "Yet" :rolleyes: Hope I'm not jinxing myself!Have you ran this situation by your Director yet?I Might give the Host one more chance, offering 1 recipe only (plus fizz bev in pitcher to show off more tools).If she was unable to accept that offer, under these circumstances, I'd decline the show. Pronto!Would offer to pass the show on to my Director to help her find a new consultant. After explaining to the Dir about the unrealistic expectations and lack of communication/selective hearing on the part of the Host. (My words). Your health and peace of mind is worth more than this. Don't let her badger you :)

Last edited:
"My peace of mind is worth more than the show." - So true!Lisa - I would go back to her and tell her, honestly, that you're not going to be able to do her show the way she wants to do it and that you'll have to find someone else. If she really wants you to do the show, she'll let you do it YOUR way. If she just wants her way, she'll take you up on the offer to give it to someone else, and then she's someone else's headache. Either way, you get what you want. HTH and good luck - let us know how it goes!

I' had one cooking show last month but looking forward to filling my calendar the next couple of weeks!

Thinking of doing the smashed potato soup in DCB for my show next week. It will be on the smaller more intimate side. Thought the soup/slippers would be good with her. She's a good friend of mine, pretty low key and she and her friends have tons of PC already and pretty much know what they want.

I have a brunch the 26th for a large group of ladies at a church social. Think I'm going to do the ham and cheese brunch squares. maybe some fresh fruit in the chillzanne. not sure what else I should do. any suggestions would be great!

May 3rd it's Cinqo de drinko for my hostess. She wants a mexican theme so she's making margarita's and I'll do the DCB fajitas. She also wants a dip so thought a salsa would be good.

Later in May my hostess wants the jerk nachos and triple citrus mojitas! Yum!

My friends are going to get fat from all the recipes I keep trying and getting them to sample.

Again, I'm new at this so any suggestions are appreciated!

All of those sound great!

buckeyefan08 said:
I tried to pick a few recipies for this month and here is what happened...
I explained to my hostess that she was one of my first shows back since having my baby (who will only be 5 wks. at the time of her show) I told her that while I've been off I have changed some things with the way I run my business to better accomodate my family. (Her show will be my last Sunday show, one recipie from a few i pick, just some streamlining to make shows shorter) I told her that in May I'm doing the strawberry cream trifel. It's quick and easy so I won't be on my feet long and my shows can be shorter while I get back into it. She basically told me no... she is doing her show with another lady, both of which are other direct sales consultants and past hosts of mine. They want to do a ring, the cherry apple tart, and a "few other things". I explained to her about the hands on approach, I told her that I didn't think anyone would want to sit there and watch me cook ALL DAY at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon in MAY! They have other things they may want to do, like yard work or whatever. Anyway... she still doesn't get it. She was a pain in the butt at her last show, she definetley hasen't changed and the other lady doesn't seem to think any different.My quetion to you...
How do you get your hosts on board with this if you didn't do your shows like this before?I have also thought about passing this show to my recruiter and playing the "Family Emergency" card. What should I do? I cringe everytime her name comes up on my caller ID!Sorry for the hijack!
Lisa,along with the other great advice - Let her know that if she wants all of these other recipes, that she and the cohost are welcome to make them before the show, and then pick one recipe for the demo. I think she is going to have a hard time finding a consultant who will do what she wants - unless she finds one who she can manipulate and control. She sounds like just a gem to work with!

ChefBeckyD said:
Lisa,

along with the other great advice - Let her know that if she wants all of these other recipes, that she and the cohost are welcome to make them before the show, and then pick one recipe for the demo.

I think she is going to have a hard time finding a consultant who will do what she wants - unless she finds one who she can manipulate and control. She sounds like just a gem to work with!

I agree with you Becky

I would tell her to make the recipes and you can than finish/add the finishing touches on them, this way you have perpared one recipe from start to finish and then you can talk briefly about the others - showing other products. I had a host once - I started calling her my looney toon host, well when she phone me and her name came on the caller ID - who ever saw the name first when say "Hey MOM - it's your looney toon host" then I would pick up the phone while everyone listen as I answers her question.

This is ONE reason I call her looney toon host - after she bought the food chopper she called me and asked me what is she doing wrong with it - she told me that she was trying to chop lettuce YES lettuce with it and it wasn't working - it turn to mush - DUH DUH

She said that she want to chop the lettuce for taco - I told her that any vegetable that has a water base to it - that what will happen - couldn't get her to understand that.

:chef:

I do as alot of people have mentioned above. I offer the same 5-6 recipes for the whole season. This season I picked all new recipes from the current SBRB. This helps that I can be ready all season long, each host gets the same option and I make what I know how to make.

Lisa, put your foot down, tell her that's how you run your business. If she wants to make something else you would be glad to give her the recipes to make them herself but you make 1 recipe. Share with her that is the joy of owning your own business, you don't want to wear yourself out while taking care of a new baby so you do what you need to do.

ETA: Right now I'm offering mini lemon cakes, cheeseburger salad, chocolate velvet cake, one pot pasta and greek cheese torta. So far, of my two shows, they have both picked the chocolate velvet cake. What if you take that recipe and make it into a trifle?

Here's my current offeringHere are the recipes that I am currently offering. The host can choose on recipe. In addition, I will make a beverarge - new mojitos are a big hit (host provides ingredients) and a micro cake as my gift.

Attachments

• 2008 Spring Recipes.doc
    26 KB · Views: 459
Sk8Mom209 said:
Here are the recipes that I am currently offering. The host can choose on recipe. In addition, I will make a beverarge - new mojitos are a big hit (host provides ingredients) and a micro cake as my gift.
Shari,
Your recipe document mentions you will do the microwave cake for them. Do you have any of those recipes you can pass along? Or anyone? I am thinking about using the microwave recipes for Pamper A Business.

I thought this would be a quick way for me to bring food to an office. Since I have a full-time job during the day, I need something I can bake quick before I leave my office, or bake it quick at their office.

Nancy,

There are several attachments in files with tons of recipies. Search for Micro in files. I would post my files, however, my laptop crashed and I do not have any personal files on my work computer.

Good luck!

Related to April Recipes: Show Demos, Salad Spinner, Trio Bowl, Rectangle Tray

1. What are some easy April recipes to make for a dinner party?

Some easy April recipes to make for a dinner party include lemon herb roasted chicken, spring vegetable quiche, garlic and herb roasted potatoes, and strawberry spinach salad.

2. Are there any April recipes that are perfect for a spring picnic?

Yes, there are plenty of April recipes that are perfect for a spring picnic. Some options include caprese pasta salad, avocado chicken salad sandwiches, and berry hand pies.

3. Can you recommend any light and refreshing April recipes for warmer weather?

Absolutely! Some light and refreshing April recipes for warmer weather include grilled shrimp skewers with mango salsa, cucumber avocado gazpacho, and grilled peach and prosciutto flatbread.

4. What are some April recipes that are great for using seasonal produce?

There are many April recipes that are great for using seasonal produce. Some ideas include asparagus and goat cheese tart, roasted spring vegetables with couscous, and strawberry rhubarb crisp.

5. Are there any April recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, there are plenty of April recipes that are kid-friendly. Some options include chicken and vegetable stir fry, mini ham and cheese quiches, and fruit and yogurt parfaits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefsara
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kelly8