• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

April Commission???? Any One Else Not Understand??

In summary, there was confusion about the transition to the new career plan and how it would affect earnings as a Director. The Q&A page stated that Directors would continue until July and get paid on whichever plan was more profitable, but some individuals experienced discrepancies in their paychecks. There were also issues with reimbursement for conference fees and a lack of understanding about the paycheck calculations.
crissy11
Gold Member
Ok, I thought we were supposed to be counted as directors until July... I sold over $6000 last month and looked on my commission statement and it says I am a director as the title but getting paid as a team leader. So I get cut $181 in commission and no bonus of $10 a person or even the $7.50 a person.
Have I completely read it wrong that they said we would get paid on the higher program whichever one? And that we have until July before we lose directorship?

Did you not have enough qualifying team members? They said that you would only get paid on the level you made that month. I'm a team leader but I got paid as a consultant since none of my consultants submitted anything last month.

I thought as directors we would continue until July as a director... that in these months until July we would get paid on which ever plan was more money...

I remember them saying something like that, I have no clue though!

Okay so I went and looked. Hope this helps. On the training page for the new career plan, I found this in the Q & A page.Looks like you keep you title of Director, but you get paid as what ever level you qualify for. If you personal sales were over $750, then they do the old calculation.Income Transition * For everyone who is a Director, Advanced Director or Senior Director on April 1:
o In April, May, and June, we will calculate your earnings under the new career plan AND the old plan.
o We will pay you the higher of the two plans, for those three months.
o To be eligible to participate, you must have at least $750 in personal commissionable sales for the month. (This means that a Director is not eligible for an income transition payment during a grace month.)

You are paid as a Director if you were one before April 1. The difference that you get added shows up on the bottom of the commission statement as "Transition Plan Adjustment".

See that's what happened to me. I turned in $5453 and I was paid as a TL (my SC teams didn't have team members submit anything). Although my paycheck is right around what I figured, I did expect it to be more with the production bonuses. That's where its not adding up for me.

I think the transition adjustment may be the 2% - 3% but not sure if the prod bonus is in that as well. I dislike not understanding the paycheck. It's driving me batty!

I also only got reimbursed $100 for the conference instead of the full $200. Maybe I'll see the other $100 on my next check.

I have a call into PC Financial so we'll see what happens!

I have been a director for 10 years and have figured my check up both plans and am getting $181 less. Even with their transition pay added.. Imagine if I didn't get that how much less my check would have been.. over $400...
My whole question was.... were we not supposed to get paid on whichever was higher until July?????

PampMomof3 said:
See that's what happened to me. I turned in $5453 and I was paid as a TL (my SC teams didn't have team members submit anything). Although my paycheck is right around what I figured, I did expect it to be more with the production bonuses. That's where its not adding up for me.

I think the transition adjustment may be the 2% - 3% but not sure if the prod bonus is in that as well. I dislike not understanding the paycheck. It's driving me batty!

I also only got reimbursed $100 for the conference instead of the full $200. Maybe I'll see the other $100 on my next check.

I earned half-price conference, but didn't get reimbursed at all. I sent an email to Financial Services this morning questioning why some people were reimbursed, but others weren't.

PampMomof3 said:

I thought to earn free conference you had to submit $6000?

pcsharon1 said:
I thought to earn free conference you had to submit $6000?
Nope - it was $2500 for 1/2 price, and $5000 for free. I went and checked because I thought maybe I had the amounts wrong for mine. I submitted over $2800, and didn't get reimbursed for 1/2 price. :( (and yes, it was all April sales.)

I also had a consultant qualify in March for the promo w/ double bonuses...instead of $25, it was to be $50, etc. I got the $25 for her qualifying under commission, but under the deductions it also shows March Bonus -$25.00. WTF!

This is too much changing every month for them to get our checks correct.. This is going to be a huge mess from now on.... If they can't get their shipping right what makes them think the people in finance are going to get this right monthly... I also earned free conference and had $100 in conference club that I requested the refund and they emailed me and said it would be on this check.. nothing!!!
I need my money each paycheck not when they get their system right...

I agree it is too much changing...paid as director one month, TL the next..how do you keep track?

Finance can't even return a call, I'm not surprised they got our pays wrong too...

My Senior Director who has been with the company for 16years went back down to Consultant this month with this new plan.. She lost all overrides and lost out on $3000 in pay.... She turned in $900 and realized she needed another $350 to have her $1250 in sales so she got a show closed and turned it in and since it was 16 seconds after midnight they declined it for April and it went in on May.... Since when does their clocks count seconds??
She lost one director because of that and that director went straight to the top to the NED....
I really hope all of these top NED's are experiencing some of the pains of the new program.. They are the only ones who will get this re-evaluated.

crissy11 said:
My Senior Director who has been with the company for 16years went back down to Consultant this month with this new plan.. She lost all overrides and lost out on $3000 in pay.... She turned in $900 and realized she needed another $350 to have her $1250 in sales so she got a show closed and turned it in and since it was 16 seconds after midnight they declined it for April and it went in on May.... Since when does their clocks count seconds??
She lost one director because of that and that director went straight to the top to the NED....
I really hope all of these top NED's are experiencing some of the pains of the new program.. They are the only ones who will get this re-evaluated.

??? My understanding was that all directors and above had a grace period before they lost their status? I'm positive that is the case, so I'm not sure how she would have "lost" anyone.

I'm GLAD that some of these upper level directors may be feeling the pinch, though. I know of at least one Sr. Director who does absolutely nothing except the bare minimums to remain active, but because her "first line" consists of people who have promoted above her, she makes thousands of $$ a month.

crissy11 said:

I think that there must be more to this story than has reached your ears - no offense on you. Anyone who has been with the company for 16 years and has reached the SD status should have had a much better handle on her own business and her team stats and known way in advance what was going to happen to her month. and, unless she just had a bad month should have had way more than $900 in sales to turn in.

And, through July, all directors will be paid on whichever plan is higher ($$) for a 'transition period' to help us build out teams. That being said, if she had maintained the quotas necessary for the old plan then she would have been paid by the old plan if that is the one that would have paid her higher.

We have the title of director or whatever but we lost all of our overrides.. I have been a director for 10 years and in April I kept the title director but got paid as a Team Leader... I lost $181 in commission because I didn't get the 3% overrides plus I didn't get the production bonus.
What they said on paper is not what they are doing to our checks at this point.. We were supposed to get paid until July whichever was more in either program.. That didn't happen..

Don't you have a line on your commission statement that says "Transition Plan Adjustment Payment" ?

It's in the summary section on the bottom.

I do hope that they give us a break-down of how they figured the "Transition Plan Adjustment Payment" though. My paycheck was w/in $12 of what I figured it would be.

When I figured it the old way versus the new way... I got paid $181 less.

crissy11 said:
We have the title of director or whatever but we lost all of our overrides.. I have been a director for 10 years and in April I kept the title director but got paid as a Team Leader... I lost $181 in commission because I didn't get the 3% overrides plus I didn't get the production bonus.
What they said on paper is not what they are doing to our checks at this point.. We were supposed to get paid until July whichever was more in either program.. That didn't happen..

If you were paid as a Team Leader, it's because your performance for April was at the Team Leader level, not at the Director level. Even with the "paid using the higher program" clause, one had to actually perform as a Director in order to get that pay.

How do you even check what your commission is?

On Consultant's Corner, there's a link in the right column to "my commission."

I turned in $6000 in sales, my 8 active consultants turned in $6000 in sales.. The only thing that I didn't do as a director was have 2 senior consultants but that is under the new plan... and remember this is the transition time between April and June.... whichever plan pays you more... not the case here and in alot of other consultants that I have talked with.
That is what we are trying to understand....

crissy11 said:
I turned in $6000 in sales, my 8 active consultants turned in $6000 in sales.. The only thing that I didn't do as a director was have 2 senior consultants but that is under the new plan... and remember this is the transition time between April and June.... whichever plan pays you more... not the case here and in alot of other consultants that I have talked with.

I was of the understanding that the only part of the old plan that would apply was the actual pay computations. The REQUIREMENTS for being paid as a Director would follow the new plan.

chefann said:
I was of the understanding that the only part of the old plan that would apply was the actual pay computations. The REQUIREMENTS for being paid as a Director would follow the new plan.

It's very confusing - I'm not sure. In talking to my SED, we thought it was either/or during the transition.

That is what I am trying to figure out... What page is that on???

crissy11 said:

hmmm - I'm confused for you too. I did not have 2 SC and I had my worst month this year in April. I didn't do all the math, but when I guestimated my pay, I was only a few $$ off. I hope HO gives us more explanation.

I know the situation concerning the upline who lost a director in her line. She is an excellent SD and is very on top of her business.She has relocated her business 4 times in the past year and never asked for a grace month. When she needed it she found out that you must request it by the 25th of the month. Do you always know when your host will lose a relative and not be able to close her show? Or her child is admitted into the hospital and she is unable to have her show? Those are just things that happen in this business. I wouldn't think that she had just allowed it to happen because she wasn't doing her job.

I have a Team Leader in my downline that I personally recruited and I did not receive one cent of commission on her sales or on her downline sales. How is that right?

I just checked the new plan cards and the FAQ that was posted later, and while both mention the pay transition with a requirement that Directors submit $750 in personal sales, neither specifically mention that Directors must meet the current (new) Director requirements to be paid as a Director. In my opinion, since the new plan has the pay for performance clause, HO may have thought that would be understood and didn't need to specify that all the requirements would have to be met in order to get the pay.

My director did not make one cent commission on my sales either.. She lost $180 on overrides just on me.. and no production bonus..

What timing is it that our first new plan pay day was on a Friday and statements posted so late in the day? I'd sure hate to work at HO on Monday morning - what a mess :eek: they are starting their day with! LOL

crissy11 said:
My director did not make one cent commission on my sales either.. She lost $180 on overrides just on me.. and no production bonus..

something is really wrong...

This may answer some questions, but may make this thread worse, so don't shoot the messenger!

On CC, under the "New Career Plan", there is a FAQ section regarding the Transition of Title:

* Example 1: If you qualify for Director by the end of March –under the current rules of 5 personally recruited, active, qualified recruits – we’ll recognize your April 1 promotion and you'll start the new plan as a Director.

* Example 2: If you’re a Senior Director today, but would fall to Advanced Director on April 1 under the current plan, you will start the new career plan as an Advanced Director.

* Example 3: If you’re a Director for whom March is relinquishment month 1 or 2, you will start the new career plan as a Director. You will retain your direct and indirect Consultants and Future Directors (as they are called under the current plan), and any Directors in your 1st line will be in your 1st Generation, assuming they are still Directors as of April 1. (The same is true for 2nd and 3rd line Directors, who will be 2nd and 3rd Generation Directors, assuming they are Directors as of April 1.)

* Example 4: If you’re a Director for whom March is relinquishment month 3, and you do not meet the Director requirements under the current career plan in March, you will begin the new career plan as a Team Leader or Consultant, depending upon whether you would have fallen to Future Director or to Consultant. You will keep your direct and indirect Consultants and Future Directors (as they are called in the current plan). In addition, the current plan rule applies that Directors or above in the first line will pass by and be permanently assigned to the upline roll-up eligible Director.

* Example 5: If March is your first or second month of the re-promotion period, that means you are now a Future Director or Consultant. If you meet the current Future Director requirements in March, you will be a Team Leader on April 1. If not, you will be a Consultant on April 1. You will keep your direct and indirect Consultants and Future Directors (as they are called in the current plan).

* Example 6: If March is your third month of the re-promotion period, that means you are now a Future Director or Consultant. In order to start the new career plan as a Director on April 1, you must meet the re-promotion requirements by the end of March. If you don’t, members of your original Cluster will be assigned to your upline Director (following the current career plan rules). New Consultants who were signed during the three-month repromotion period will remain assigned to you. If you met current Future Director requirements in March, you will begin the new career plan as a Team Leader. Otherwise, you will start as a Consultant.

Title Transition

* April is the first month of the new career plan. If your April performance qualifies you for a higher title, you'll promote to that title on May 1. Plus, you'll be paid for your April performance at that higher level.
* If you don't qualify for a higher title in April, you'll keep your April 1 title going into May.
* Beginning in May, you'll have your title for at least three more months.
o Team Leaders through Senior Directors will have their title through July. (This means any title demotions will not occur until August 1.)

o Executive Directors will have their title through October.
o Senior Executive Directors will have their title through January 2010.
o National Executive Directors will have their title through April 2010.
* If you meet the qualifications for a higher title at any time, you'll promote to that level and start earning even more.

I am not concerned about a title. I am concerned about my check. I understood that we would be PAID as directors through July. I will continue to support my downline and do my shows. I would like to be paid the way the company said they would pay us. The title doesn't matter.

Like Linda said earlier, if you are a Director, not in relinquishment month 3 at the end of March, you are paid as a Director in April.That is what the "Transition Plan Adjustment" at the bottom of your commission statement is for. If the "Transition Plan Adjustment" line is not there (it is the second from the bottom line at the very bottom of the commission statement), then call HO on Monday.I am sure there will be more than one person calling!All I know is that this is the beginning of an up and down title and commission structure for everyone....it will take some getting used to....for HO as well as us!

I am not and have never been in relinquishment. I see the line you are talking about but it isn't enough. I did not receive commission on over $16000 in my downline sales. I was not paid on a Team Leader or her downline. And I received no bonuses. I can compute the commission that I should have gotten. The adjustment doesn't cover it.

I think that there were a lot of issues with the payment of the transition amounts. I would just call HO and have them investigate. I am sure that alot of us would like to hear the results as well -- let us know what's up.

Last edited:
My Senior Director is on top of it already. She is speaking directly with Jan Capinegro to work on the problems. There are several in our line who didn't get the commission they deserved, including the senior director. I can deal with what I lost but had I been bumped down to consultant pay, I'm afraid I would have had a "come apart!" She handled it very well and continues to work for her downline as well.

We got an e-mail from Home Office at the end of April explaining how it was going to work. We are still getting paid as Directors, it just says TL, I guess for their records or something. I don't know either. I was pretty freaked out when I saw the commission statement until I went back and read the e-mail again.

I did not get paid as a director that would have been 3% override plus production bonus.. I got 2% override on my first line and 1% on my second line. no production bonus at all. They are now saying we keep the title of director till July but we get paid as team leaders if we do not have the two senior consultants..
NOW our personal recruits have to be active every month and someone in their downline has to turn in $150 for that line to be active... Even though I have two senior consultants with their own recruits I don't get to be a director again till my personal recruit is active every month and their recruit is active... Now if they had 2-3 people in their downline than only one of those would have to turn in $150 to keep the line active but my personal recruit has to be active every month for the line to be active..SENIOR CONSULTANTPromotion and Maintenance RequirementsEach month:• Be active yourselfHave one active Consultant (direct or indirect)

Crissy11, did you get that info when you called HO? That is not what the FAQ section for the new career plan said (see the earlier post)...just wondering if you spoke to Consultant Career Solutions or just a Solution Center rep when you called them?

It is on page 16 of the revised as of April 1st Consultant Policy Guide on Consultant's Corner
I copied and pasted what I read there in their guidelines.

Looks like there is always a rule to over rule a rule doesn't it?

Everyone SHOULD still be paid at the level they held on April 1st all the way through the end of July. Whatever pay level is higher calculated from the old and new plan. Then if their title changes you will be paid at that new level beginning in August under the new plan.
In my situation I am still a Director through July even though I do not have the Sr. Cons. requirements yet. It calculates my earnings as a TL on the first part of my check but because of the transition period they recalculate my pay as a Director which is the "Transition Plan Adjustment Payment" On that adjustment is the extra $10 per team member and the extra 1% that I wouldn't have originally got as a TL but do as a Director. Here's how my check looks below w/o any of the $ figures for privacy. Hope this helps! Let us know what HO said to you!

April 2009 Month-End Earnings Statement
Consultant: 143030, Sharon Stringfellow Title: Director
Upline Director: *******Paid as Level: Team Leader
Executive Director: ********Qualified as Elite Seller: No

Sales Commission
Base Commission 20%*
Sales Level Commission Bonus 4%
Elite Seller Bonus 0%
Career Sales Bonus 2%
Total 26%

Overrides and Bonuses
Overrides Sales Amount % Override Amount
Personal Sales ****** 2.00% **.**
Direct Recruits ****** 2.00% **.**
Indirect Recruits 0.00 1.00% 0.00
Total Override: ********

Bonuses
Total Bonus: 0.00

Total Earnings
Sales Commission: ******
Overrides: *****
Bonuses: 0.00
Total Earnings: ********

Adjustments
Adjustment # Description Adjustment Amount

ID0409 INSURANCE DEDUCTION -2.00

Summary
April 2009 Earnings ******
Total April 2009 Payment ********

crissy11, PLEASE call HO.

I looked at what you are referring to, but the Consultant Policy Guide on CC doesn't include the temporary 3 month adjustment period for the new program.

Call HO. That is the ONLY way you are going to get a correct answer. Talk to Consultant Career Solutions.

I didn't even get my April commissions yet. I have had direct deposit for over 5 years. I did switch banks about 4 months ago...sent info to HO...but for some reason they decided to mail me a check this month. Now I have to wait a few more days while I have now bounced 3 items that I thought would clear with Friday being payday. I called HO & was also informed that it could take 48 hours from the 8th to even receive a direct deposit. I have never had that happen before.

Sorry...just wanted to vent...back to the question at hand.

I should have been a FD on March 31st (but it never showed up). So I was expecting to be Team Leader on April 1st (but it never showed up). Then only 1 consultant submitted for April plus me so I got paid as a Senior Consultant. This new program is more confusing than I expected. I am like everyone else...thought that what status you held on April 1st is what would hold until July 1st & that is what you would be paid for.

Stacy - I think the only statuses that were guaranteed were Director and above.

<h2>1. What is the April commission and why is it confusing?</h2><p>The April commission is a payout for sales made during the month of April. It can be confusing because there have been recent changes to the commission structure, causing some confusion for consultants.</p><h2>2. Why am I being counted as a Director but getting paid as a Team Leader?</h2><p>This could be due to the recent changes in the commission structure. The titles and payout levels may have changed, so it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid.</p><h2>3. I sold over $6000 last month, why am I not receiving the bonuses I expected?</h2><p>The bonuses and commission payouts may have changed with the recent restructuring. It's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out.</p><h2>4. Did I misinterpret the information about being counted as a Director until July?</h2><p>This could be a misunderstanding. The company may have stated that you will be counted as a Director until July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid for your sales.</p><h2>5. Will I lose my Directorship in July?</h2><p>The company may have stated that the new commission structure will take effect in July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out and if your Directorship will be affected.</p>

1. What is the April commission and why is it confusing?

The April commission is a payout for sales made during the month of April. It can be confusing because there have been recent changes to the commission structure, causing some confusion for consultants.

2. Why am I being counted as a Director but getting paid as a Team Leader?

This could be due to the recent changes in the commission structure. The titles and payout levels may have changed, so it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid.

3. I sold over $6000 last month, why am I not receiving the bonuses I expected?

The bonuses and commission payouts may have changed with the recent restructuring. It's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out.

4. Did I misinterpret the information about being counted as a Director until July?

This could be a misunderstanding. The company may have stated that you will be counted as a Director until July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid for your sales.

5. Will I lose my Directorship in July?

The company may have stated that the new commission structure will take effect in July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out and if your Directorship will be affected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefChris
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • Nanisu
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies