• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Team Leader as of April 1? Find Out Here!

In summary, the conversation is discussing the transition to a new career plan and the potential changes in titles and pay for consultants. Some consultants are worried about losing their titles and pay, while others are confident in their team's performance. It is mentioned that according to the new plan, consultants will be paid at the higher of the two plans until July. The conversation also touches on recruiting strategies and potential promotions within the new plan.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Maybe we have had this discussion and I missed it....

I know that we will have until July 1 to really miss the boat, but just curious, as of April 1, how many of us technically won't be directors any more?

I have been working my hiney off trying to recruit this month and have BUPKIS....I have one consultant that has recruited someone, so I have 1 who will be a senior come April 1, but no others are even in the ballpark....

So, technically I will be a team leader April 1...anyone else in my boat?

me me me me!(stupid length requirements!)

I have two senior consultants BUT one of my sr's recruits hasn't turned in one cent. Her 90 days ends April 20th so what does that make me?

A director as of April 1st ( I think) But then Team Leader in May

I am pretty solid as a Director. And ofcourse, I am looking at AD...I sure I will have my first director this year...hopefully two but we will see!

ME. I have 2 of my team members that MIGHT be able to recruit this month yet but we shall see....

Me too.....but I am ok with that. I mean, 2% vs 3%, no $10 bonus per consultant (when they DO actually turn in sales), no director products, it will add up --

---but the trade off of not being so obsessed with chasing people is really very freeing for me right now.

That could change, but I actually am making more on my own sales than anyone elses, so what the heck, might as well relax and not stress.

I have a really large team, but only one recruiter at this moment so I'm also in danger of loosing it. However, I'm feeling really positive about it as I've been recruiting a lot lately and I've been focussing on making sure that my new team members know that they can get a raise and move a level up with the company immeadiately just by having a buddy join them as they start their business. Although I haven't had another recruiter yet, I have a whole list of people who have told me they'd be interested in recruiting and have actually given me names of people they are thinking of asking. I'm hoping to make it official with another recruiter by the end of this month and definitely by the end of April as I don't want the pay cut, no way! I've been being paid as a Director for almost 5 years now, I don't wait a pay cut so I'm willing to do whatever I can to make it happen, even offer a kit rebate or discount to the first 2 team members who my consultants help sign, that's what I'm thinking. Anyone else thinking along those lines?

OhmyDLM said:
I don't wait a pay cut so I'm willing to do whatever I can to make it happen, even offer a kit rebate or discount to the first 2 team members who my consultants help sign, that's what I'm thinking. Anyone else thinking along those lines?

You will be paid the higher of the two plans until July.

DebbieJ said:
You will be paid the higher of the two plans until July.

Really? Even if you don't "qualify" as a Director without the two Senior Consultants?

OhmyDLM said:
Really? Even if you don't "qualify" as a Director without the two Senior Consultants?

Yep. It's in that booklet they gave us with the new program. Whatever you are on March 31 is your title until the end of July (unless you promote up) and you are paid at which ever is higher, current program or new program, through July.

Ann, I am the same as you- I have 1 senior consultant and 1 team leader, and they are both signing another one by the end of the month. My team has already done over $10,000 this month, without my sales. I am feeling pretty confident we will be ok, but I am not resting on my laurels.

Well, since I'm not technically a Director now (although I have about 7 on my team) I wouldn't be one on the 1st. However, I am working my tail off to get it back by the end of the month!

bethcooks4u said:
Yep. It's in that booklet they gave us with the new program. Whatever you are on March 1 is your title until the end of July (unless you promote up) and you are paid at which ever is higher, current program or new program, through July.

According to the Q&A, just so there is no confusion, it's what your title is at the END of March...

The new career plan begins April 1. Whatever your level would be after the end of March under the current plan, that will be your title for the start of the new plan on April 1. (The only exception is that those who would be Future Directors will take the title of Team Leader.)

finley1991 said:
According to the Q&A, just so there is no confusion, it's what your title is at the END of March...

The new career plan begins April 1. Whatever your level would be after the end of March under the current plan, that will be your title for the start of the new plan on April 1. (The only exception is that those who would be Future Directors will take the title of Team Leader.)

oops! I missed the 3. Sorry. I'll go fix that.

another curious question......how many of you have been contacted by your upline with support/guidance to make sure you have your structure in place so that they will promote/maintain their title?
Want to share their ideas for helping to get your team to recruit? I'd offer mine, but well.....................well, silence is not a tip now is it?

I've offered the carrots to my team. And coaching calls, and conference calls, and..........well, you get the idea. Aside from having them sign my own leads as their own (not gonna happen), there isn't much more I can do at this point. ****sigh*****eventually I will hit pay dirt, heck even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

My director is a ED and will promote to SED on April 1. She has been in touch and we have talked about ways to encourage lead getting and the new program but our conversations really haven't changed much - we already were talking on a regular basis. She is awesome! I am so blessed to work with Terri!

Here's a question that came up in a conversation with another director. I didn't know how to answer her, so maybe someone here can (lord knows, the wait time she'd get calling HO is a non-starter).

What if you qualify for your current level on 1 April under the old plan, but no longer qualify (under either plan) at the end of that month?

leggy

amy07 said:
another curious question......how many of you have been contacted by your upline with support/guidance to make sure you have your structure in place so that they will promote/maintain their title?
Want to share their ideas for helping to get your team to recruit? I'd offer mine, but well.....................well, silence is not a tip now is it?

I've offered the carrots to my team. And coaching calls, and conference calls, and..........well, you get the idea. Aside from having them sign my own leads as their own (not gonna happen), there isn't much more I can do at this point. ****sigh*****eventually I will hit pay dirt, heck even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Well I can say that my upline has offered NO support/guidance. I'm not surprised though.
I have offered coaching calls and everything to my team. I have decided to just grow my team and work more with the new to recruit. Don't get me wrong I have 2 on my team who have recruited and at least 1-2 more who want to try. So at least there is some interest there. I just signed 2 new consultants within the last week.

legacypc46 said:
Here's a question that came up in a conversation with another director. I didn't know how to answer her, so maybe someone here can (lord knows, the wait time she'd get calling HO is a non-starter).

What if you qualify for your current level on 1 April under the old plan, but no longer qualify (under either plan) at the end of that month?

leggy

So under the current plan she would promote to director on April 1?

It says on page 48 of the spiral career plan booklet they gave us:

"All April 1 title changes will occur, based on the current plan.
For example, if you quaify for Director by the end of March, under the current plan's rules, you will be a Director on April 1."

You keep that title through July and will be paid during that time at the level you are in that month but at the higher amount of the old or new plan.

Mrssyvo said:
Ann, I am the same as you- I have 1 senior consultant and 1 team leader, and they are both signing another one by the end of the month. My team has already done over $10,000 this month, without my sales. I am feeling pretty confident we will be ok, but I am not resting on my laurels.

Same with me...I never want to assume! I wish I had a quick answer to the recruiting dilema! I offered a Step Up Program and that did help those that were already having recruit leads. It offered a smaller group a concentrated time to focus just on recruiting.

I have thought of offering an additional discount on a kit if they reach 1250 in 30 days. Haven't offered it because I want to see what I can do with what we have now. (no recruit leads this month:grumpy:)

The only thing I can say that has worked is to continue to talk about recruiting and how to make it a natural part of business. It is time consuming once you do sign people, but make recruiting a part of every meeting. Role playing, going back over ticket games, why bags and other fun things will help. I like the ticket game only I like to pass a product with a timer instead. It REALLY helps get people to ask the questions we want them to know without making anyone feel uncomfortable.

Recruiting is like fishing for whales. If you put a worm on a hook, you will catch a few small pan fish, but definitaly not a whale!! So you need the right poles and bait. Then you need to be very patient because whales are usually harder to find! That is why the word "no" should be a word everyone can not be discouraged by. The word no means a jellyfish or a small fish swam by your whale bait! You have to put the bait on the hook and the hook in the water, however, to catch the whale!

I'm a little slow in getting some things figured out..... wasn't there a way to look at our cluster in a report, but under the NEW plan? Or was there just the example of a report under the new plan with pretend consultants? I swear I remember them saying we could see what we'd earn now vs. with the new plan given a certain month. Did I imagine that? If not, where would I find that report? Thanks! I'm trying to finally get up to speed.:eek:

pamperedbecky said:
I'm a little slow in getting some things figured out..... wasn't there a way to look at our cluster in a report, but under the NEW plan? Or was there just the example of a report under the new plan with pretend consultants? I swear I remember them saying we could see what we'd earn now vs. with the new plan given a certain month. Did I imagine that? If not, where would I find that report? Thanks! I'm trying to finally get up to speed.:eek:

It's under your cluster reports as a separate folder.

bethcooks4u said:

Aha! Thanks!

bethcooks4u said:
So under the current plan she would promote to director on April 1?

It says on page 48 of the spiral career plan booklet they gave us:

"All April 1 title changes will occur, based on the current plan.
For example, if you quaify for Director by the end of March, under the current plan's rules, you will be a Director on April 1."

You keep that title through July and will be paid during that time at the level you are in that month but at the higher amount of the old or new plan.

She's already a director, but is in relinquishment. You answered what we kinda thought. This is all pretty confusing...must be more so for those at AD, SD and above.

As for me, I'll still qualify as a director under both plans...though one of my second generation may be fading away.

bethcooks4u said:

I'm showing two reports there, but only one populates with any info. Should both be up to date?

legacypc46 said:
I'm showing two reports there, but only one populates with any info. Should both be up to date?

Yeah my other report didn't have anything either. Is it because we don't have a director under us yet (at least that's my case)?

legacypc46 said:

New Career Plan -> Personal Cluster list -> March or February. March should be up to date for this month, and obviously February is what it would have looked like last month.

-> director generations list. Mine is blank because I have no directors but I would think it shows your directors and their downlines.

1. What is the significance of April 1 in regards to being a team leader?

April 1 is the beginning of a new sales season for Pampered Chef. It marks the start of a new opportunity for team leaders to grow their business and reach new goals.

2. How can I find out if I am a team leader as of April 1?

You can check your status on your Pampered Chef account or contact your upline leader for confirmation.

3. What are the benefits of being a team leader as of April 1?

As a team leader, you will have the opportunity to earn higher commissions, bonuses, and rewards for your sales and team performance. You will also receive additional support and resources to help you succeed.

4. Can I still become a team leader after April 1?

Yes, you can still become a team leader at any point during the sales season. However, becoming a team leader as of April 1 allows you to take advantage of the full benefits and opportunities for the entire season.

5. What are the requirements to become a team leader as of April 1?

To become a team leader as of April 1, you must have achieved the necessary sales and sponsoring requirements during the previous sales season. You must also be in good standing with Pampered Chef and adhere to the company's policies and procedures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies