• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Involved in a Scrip Program?

In summary, my neighbor across the street is in charge of the Scrip program for the school system here, and she asked me to be the PC lady for the program. Next Monday evening, they are having a Scrip Night, where people come pick up orders and place orders...and she has said it would be great to have there some catalogs (I'm thinking Mini Cats.) along with a flyer about the services I offer. I am offering 5% of regular sales, and 15% for fundraisers (so, even if it only makes it to a 10% level, I am still only out 5% from my pocket). Next Monday
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My neighbor across the street is in charge of the Scrip program for the school system here, and she asked me to be the PC lady for the program.

I am offering 5% of regular sales, and 15% for fundraisers (so, even if it only makes it to a 10% level, I am still only out 5% from my pocket).

Next Monday evening, they are having a Scrip Night, where people come pick up orders and place orders...and she has said it would be great to have there some catalogs (I'm thinking Mini Cats.) along with a flyer about the services I offer.

This is a whole new ballgame for me, as my only child is 4, and I have never been involved in the school system here, and I am just looking for some wisdom and success stories, and ideas for making it work from some of you who may be pros at this!

(oh - and from what I can gather, Scrip is a program for fundraising for the schools - so parents are given info on businesses who participate, and then when they order or buy from those businesses, a percentage of the sale goes into a fundraising account for their child. It helps to pay for extra-curricular activites.)

Yes, I buy TRIP (our name rather than SCRIP). When you told me about it, I started thinking about how it could work.

Would you sell actual PC gift certificates? Or, would you sell your own certificates?

When I buy TRIP, I pay the week ahead (two weeks ahead in summer) and order from certain stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohls, different restaurants, gas stations, etc. I get a coupon or gift card for the exact amount that I purchased. Whatever predetermined percentage goes into my school account. The school takes out a tiny bit from my account (from what I've earned) to pay for the service.

Well, according to my neighbor - my name w/ email, website, and phone # would be published in a newsletter that goes out to all of the parents. They have 3-ply voucher forms, and when they order from me, they fill it out, and one goes to me, and one goes to the Scrip person. Then, once a month, I give the Scrip program a check for the amount I've said I'll donate.
She said they have 2 different types of Scrip - one is a national Scrip (like you are describing) and the other is for local businesses. So, mine doesn't have to be gift cards - it can be any purchase. That's why it would be good to have my info there Monday night, because that is when people are coming to place and pick up orders. When people start ordering from me, I can also bring my orders there on a Monday night for pick-up.

How do you get money? You don't have to donate until you get an order, right? Is the order placed on the 3-ply voucher and they leave money that you get later?

JAE said:
How do you get money? You don't have to donate until you get an order, right? Is the order placed on the 3-ply voucher and they leave money that you get later?

They pay me when they order, and then I just write a check for 5% of the sales from those orders. They wouldn't be ordering at the Scrip night - they would contact me personally to order. I would just have ordering info available at the Scrip Nights.

Hmmm... So, how does the school know that you are actually "paying up"? Not that you wouldn't give what you said you'd give, but this is very confusing to me. Can they order off of a show or does it have to be individual orders?

Because of the form that gets filled out. We fill it out when they place the order, and the person placing the order gives me a copy and the Scrip person a copy - so they know how much I've done in sales. And since the Scrip person is my neighbor, it will be really easy for me to pay her!Oh - and it has to be an individual order, as the host of a show, or as the host of a fundraiser.

So really, people just have a form with them and bring it to you for an order if/when they place one. You don't get any money until you get commission from an order. TRIP is definitely different then SCRIP. I may still ask my school about it. I liked the idea of getting money and knowing people would be ordering or they'd be out the money. BUT as a "customer" of TRIP, I like the way your SCRIP thing works better - not paying until actually using. That's why I don't do TRIP because I don't want to buy a Burger King card thinking I may use it sometime, or Old Navy or Kohls, etc.

JAE said:
So really, people just have a form with them and bring it to you for an order if/when they place one. You don't get any money until you get commission from an order. TRIP is definitely different then SCRIP. I may still ask my school about it. I liked the idea of getting money and knowing people would be ordering or they'd be out the money. BUT as a "customer" of TRIP, I like the way your SCRIP thing works better - not paying until actually using. That's why I don't do TRIP because I don't want to buy a Burger King card thinking I may use it sometime, or Old Navy or Kohls, etc.

Yeah, it basically works just like a PC fundraiser, only the money is coming from me, and not PC. (Unless they want to do a fundraiser show!) Suzanne (neighbor) said that I could set the date for payment - so I could tell her that I will make payment on the 8th and the 22nd...so they get paid when I get paid. Then I would just tally up my slips from orders, and write a check for that amount.

What is a Scrip Program?

A Scrip Program is a fundraising method where organizations such as schools, churches, and non-profits can raise money by selling gift cards or certificates from various retailers and businesses. The organization earns a percentage of the sales as a donation from the retailer.

How do I get involved in a Scrip Program?

If you are interested in participating in a Scrip Program, you can reach out to your school, church, or non-profit and inquire if they have a program in place. You can also search for Scrip Programs online and find a participating organization near you.

What are the benefits of participating in a Scrip Program?

By participating in a Scrip Program, you are not only helping raise funds for your organization, but you are also supporting local businesses. Additionally, you can use the gift cards or certificates to purchase products or services you would normally buy, making it a convenient and effortless way to fundraise.

Do I have to pay extra to participate in a Scrip Program?

No, there is no extra cost to participate in a Scrip Program. You will only pay the face value of the gift cards or certificates you purchase, and the organization will receive a percentage of that as a donation from the retailer.

Can I use Scrip to purchase Pampered Chef products?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef is not currently included in any Scrip Programs. However, you can still support your organization by purchasing other gift cards or certificates from participating retailers and using them to purchase Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • Marion
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CrazyChef
  • chefann