• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Antivirus/Spyware Program for Mac?

In summary, stop playing on Farmtown and see if you're infected. If not, then install a reputable antivirus program.
babywings76
Gold Member
Anyone know a reputable, free program I can use for antivirus/spyware protection on a Mac?

I was just on Facebook and all this junk came up on my computer looking like it was my computer telling me I was infected with all these worms and trojans, but I was worried it was actually a virus itself. It scanned my computer and put up all these crazy warnings, but I got out of all of it and now want to go to a reputable place to check and see if I am infected or what.

Any advice?

In the meantime, here's a warning--don't play on Farmtown!

Well, I cleared out of everything. I'm hoping I'm okay. I still need the name of a reputable antivirus program to see if I'm okay.I went and put on the pop-up blocker so that I don't fall for things like that again. So now I'm back using Farmtown. (okay, so it's an addiction my sister hooked me up with ;) )

Not sure if it's Mac compatible.....but Stopzilla rocks!

I just looked that one up, it didn't mention working for Macs

I don't know if there is a antivirus program for Macs....Macs are resistant to viruses - it's why I have one. :)
That's strange what happened to yours...and I'll add it to my reasons why I don't play games or use most of the applications on Facebook!:rolleyes:

babywings76 said:
I just looked that one up, it didn't mention working for Macs

I'm sorry....was hoping it was compatible. I know nothing about Macs....wishing you much luck in keeping it virus free.

Generally, Macs aren't plagued by viruses and spyware, although there have been reports of occasional infection. It's not that they're completely immune, but that until recently they were a small enough share of the market that virus and spyware programmers didn't bother. I don't have a program installed to check for those nasties, but I'm sure there are some if you Google "Mac anti-virus software." Staying aware of what you click on and install is a great first step, though.

babywings76 said:
Anyone know a reputable, free program I can use for antivirus/spyware protection on a Mac?

I was just on Facebook and all this junk came up on my computer looking like it was my computer telling me I was infected with all these worms and trojans, but I was worried it was actually a virus itself. It scanned my computer and put up all these crazy warnings, but I got out of all of it and now want to go to a reputable place to check and see if I am infected or what.

Any advice?

In the meantime, here's a warning--don't play on Farmtown!

Sounds to me like it was just an ad.. Nothing you need to worry about. I see those all the time.

1. What is the best antivirus/spyware program for a Mac?

The best antivirus/spyware program for a Mac is subjective and can vary depending on personal preference and specific needs. Some popular options include Malwarebytes, Avast, and Norton.

2. Do I really need an antivirus/spyware program for my Mac?

While Macs are generally less susceptible to viruses and spyware compared to PCs, they are not immune. It is recommended to have an antivirus/spyware program installed to protect your Mac and personal information.

3. How often should I run a scan with my antivirus/spyware program?

It is recommended to run a scan with your antivirus/spyware program at least once a week. However, if you frequently download files or visit unfamiliar websites, it may be beneficial to run a scan more often.

4. Can I use the same antivirus/spyware program for both my Mac and PC?

No, you should not use the same antivirus/spyware program for both your Mac and PC. Mac and PC viruses and spyware differ, so it is important to have a program specifically designed for your operating system.

5. Are there any free antivirus/spyware programs for Mac?

Yes, there are some free antivirus/spyware programs available for Mac, such as Avast and Sophos. However, these programs may have limited features compared to paid options. It is important to research and choose a reputable program to ensure your Mac is properly protected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missyciccolella
  • General Chat
Replies