• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Heard of Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie?

N
noradawn
I have a host for this Saturday who says she wants me to make Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie. She says she got the recipe from another party she went to. I have searched the PC website as well as Joyce's Fine Cooking, but can't find it. Can anyone help?

TIA!
Nora

Yes!!It was a recipe we had with our "Simple as Pie" shows. I will see if I can find the recipe card!

2 ROLLED READY MADE PIE CRUSTS
8oz Philly or reg cream cheese
1/4 c powdered sugar
Lg. CAN CHERRY PIE FILLING
8-12 oz. cool whip
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 tsp veg oil

Creative cutters (optional)
Deep Dish Pie Plate
EZ Accent Decorator (optional)
Lg Batter Bowl
Plastic baggie or 3
Scraper or Mix-n-scraper

Place 1 pie crust in your deep dish pie plate. (If you like, take the other and cut out small shapes - heart, star, leaves - 25 times on the other crust, and lay the shapes on the outer rim of your pie. Adhere them with a little brush of water between 2 crusts. Overlap them for a cool effect.) Prick the pie crust several times with a fork. Bake in a 425 oven just until it starts to barely turn golden, and take it out. Stick it in fridge or let cool for 2 hours so pan is NOT AT ALL WARM.

Soften cream cheese in batter bowl, by adding powdered sugar and mixing. Put 1/4 cup of choc chips in baggie, pop into microwave for 15 seconds on hi, repeat several times - don't just stick it in and leave it or it will burn and clump. When it is mostly melted, take it out and work it with your hands. mix melted chocolate with cream cheese, until uniform in color. Add 2/3 of your cool whip, mix together. Chop half of remaining choc chips coarsely. Add to mixture. (or you can use 1/3 cup of mini baking chips - I like how they look better)

Open your pie filling, scoop about 1/3 cup of the gel out of the can and discard or reserve for another use. Place half of the remaining pie filling on the bottom of your COOLED pie crust. Next pour/scoop the choc mixture into your prepared pie shell - flatten it out, smooth it around. This top will be totally covered.

Take remaining pie filling and carefully spoon it on to the middle of the choc mixture. Take EZ Accent decorator and fill it with remaining cool whip. (or place CWhip in a baggie and seal the top, clip a SMALL CORNER to pipe topping through) Pipe small dollops of topping around the outer edge, covering the chocolate cream cheese mixture, but not the cherries or the crust. *Optimal to stick whole thing in fridge for 1/2 hour now - not absolutely required*

Now for the finish... Melt remaining choc chips with veg. oil in last baggie. Remember 15 seconds on hi, stop and knead it, then back in. Takes about 4-5 times. When it is almost liquid, work it with your hands so the last little bits melt. (If you burn the chocolate, start with new choc chips) Clip a TINY corner of the baggie, and drizzle back and forth from inside of crust to outside of cherries - over the dollops of whipped cream. Turn the pie plate and drizzle over the CWhip with melted chocolate. I usually go around twice.
*Can return this to fridge for 15 mins so choc sets up, but not required*

Slice and serve to astonished, guests. Yummy, showy, a crowd pleaser!_________________

OMG! THis is the BEST! I made it for my husband's office once, and everyone raved about it and always asks for it for every party they have. It is easy and delicious - I call it heaven on a spoon. ;)

Thank you so much! You all are great!!!

Wish I could see a picture of it- some of it sounds kind of tricky. I'm so glad I saw the recipe ahead of time- I'll need the host to bake the crusts ahead of time, since they have to sit for 2 hours afterwards.

Nora

Bake at homeNora,

I found the recipe card, but it was too late! When I do this recipe, I buy the crusts and bake them at my house. Then I take the completed crust to the show. You will know this way that it is done correctly! :p

I attached the scanned picture, I hope it works and you can see the overlapped hearts across the bottom crust! So cute!! Great for Valentines Day! :D

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 550
That picture was so helpful! Thank you so much!

another questionFor those of you who have made this: do you think the prep bowls could be used for all of the steps requiring a baggie?

NoYou need the baggie to "squirt" the chocolate on top of the pie!

Looks delicious. I'm going to have to try it.

I just made this at a Death By Chocolate ShowI changed the cherry to strawberry pie and topped the center with fresh strawberries. I put 4 in a square and then put a strawberry fan in the middle of them. Everyone thought it looked really nice and time consuming. So I showed them how easy it was to make.(this was my b recipe I made at home)
They all loved it. Enjoy!
Brandy

Attachments

• cherry chocolate mousse pie.pdf
    401.7 KB · Views: 362

1. What is Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie?

Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie is a dessert made with a graham cracker crust, a layer of chocolate mousse, and a layer of cherry mousse on top. It is a delicious and decadent treat that combines the flavors of chocolate and cherries.

2. Where did the recipe for Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie come from?

The origins of the recipe for Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie are unclear. It is possible that it was created by a home cook or a professional chef, and then shared with others at parties or gatherings. It is also possible that the recipe has been adapted and modified over time by different individuals.

3. Is Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie a difficult dessert to make?

Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie may seem intimidating, but it is actually a relatively simple dessert to make. The key is to follow the recipe carefully and have patience while the mousse sets in the refrigerator. It may take some practice to perfect, but with the right ingredients and techniques, anyone can make a delicious Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie.

4. Can the recipe for Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie be found online?

Unfortunately, the recipe for Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie does not seem to be widely available online. However, there are many variations and similar recipes that can be found with a quick internet search. You may also want to try reaching out to the host or other party attendees to see if they can share the recipe with you.

5. Are there any substitutions or alterations that can be made to the recipe for Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie?

Yes, there are many ways to customize the recipe for Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie to your liking. For example, you can use a different type of cookie for the crust, such as Oreo or shortbread. You can also experiment with different flavors of mousse, such as raspberry or lemon, instead of cherry. Additionally, you can add toppings like whipped cream or chocolate shavings for extra flavor and decoration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies