• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Heard of "Hello Dollys" or "Drunken Apples"?

Woohoo, thanks all! You gals rock!I've heard the Hello Dollys being called Magic Cookie Bars or Seven Layer Bars (although mine are only 6 layers :) )
kcjodih
Gold Member
The other day I had a square that the host's mother had gotten from a cookie exchange but she now can't find the recipe. Says they're called Hello Dollys and they have graham, coconut, choc chips and maybe condensed milk in them with I don't know what else. I'd LOVE the recipe if anyone has ever heard of them and has a recipe.

Also would like to know what Drunken Apples are and if anyone has a recipe for this also. My American hockey player that's staying with us says his 'grammy' makes it all the time but he has no idea what's in it and it's supposedly not an apple crisp or pie. I'm hoping it's a common American thing and not just his family creation. Anyone?

TIA!

My mom used to make Hello Dollys. I will have to see if I can find the recipe. It's been a really long time since I've had them but they are very good & very rich!!! I've never heard of Drunken Apples so I can't help you on that!

My mom makes Hello Dolly's, but Drunken Apples I've never heard of. Where they like Apple Dumplings??

Well, a drunken watermelon is a watermelon that has had a bottle of vodka in it so it can soak in... I am assuming drunken apples are similar.

Hello Dollys a.k.a 7 Layer Bars (betty crocker sells a kit with all the ingrds you need to make them all in one box)

I googled drunken apples and this was one of the recipes that turned up. Maybe this is what he's looking for??

Ingredients:
24 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into semicircles
3-4 cups white sugar
4 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup rum

Directions:
1. Mix apples with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Mix in rum.
3. Heat over medium heat until apple mixture is juicy and the juice boils.
4. Boil for 20 minutes over medium heat.
5. Enjoy! :).

Woohoo, thanks all! You gals rock!

I've heard the Hello Dollys being called Magic Cookie Bars or Seven Layer Bars (although mine are only 6 layers :) )This is how I make them:Melt one stick of butter in your 9x13 pan in the oven while is preheating to 350.
Meanwhile, crush one package of graham crackers.
When the butter is melted, take it out of the oven. Pour the crumbs on top and mix them all around in the butter, then make it into a crust layer.
Then pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over that.
Then do a layer of chocolate chips
Then do a layer of coconut
Then do a layer of chopped pecans.Take a spoon and press down a little bit to get it all set. Bake for 20 minutes or until the coconut is turning a little golden.Other variations: butterscotch morsels, walnuts instead of the pecans, both chocolate and butterscotch morsels, etc. Really yummy! I make them every Christmas.

1. What are "Hello Dollys" and "Drunken Apples"?

"Hello Dollys" and "Drunken Apples" are two popular recipes made with Pampered Chef products. "Hello Dollys" are a type of cookie bar made with layers of graham crackers, chocolate chips, coconut, and condensed milk. "Drunken Apples" are a delicious dessert made with sliced apples, cinnamon, and a splash of alcohol, cooked in a Pampered Chef stoneware baker.

2. Are these recipes difficult to make?

No, both "Hello Dollys" and "Drunken Apples" are very easy to make with Pampered Chef products. The recipes are designed to be simple and user-friendly, even for those with limited cooking experience.

3. Can I use any type of alcohol for the "Drunken Apples" recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of alcohol for the "Drunken Apples" recipe. However, we recommend using brandy or bourbon for the best flavor. You can also omit the alcohol altogether if desired.

4. What Pampered Chef products do I need to make these recipes?

To make "Hello Dollys", you will need a stoneware bar pan and a food chopper. For "Drunken Apples", you will need a stoneware baker and an apple slicer. Both recipes also call for a mixing bowl and measuring cups.

5. Can I find these recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, both "Hello Dollys" and "Drunken Apples" recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Recipes" section. You can also find variations of these recipes on the website and in our cookbooks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
raebates