1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Anyone going to the Metra/Ogilvie station after Conference?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Is anyone going to be heading to the Metra station (Ogilvie Transportation Center) after Conference ends on Saturday? I wasn't sure how transportation might work leaving- but assumed a cab would be my only option to get to the train station. My in-laws live in the suburbs, and my DH will be there. So I'm taking the train to their place.

If anyone else is going, maybe 1 or 2 of us could share a cab to the station? If so, maybe we can exchange numbers to coordinate where to meet, etc after conf. ends. I know several consultants live in the Chicago/Suburbs area...so was hoping. :D

Let me know!

Jun 8, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

you could take a CTA bus for $2.

Jun 8, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

There is a Metra Station right at McCormick Center. We usually take our luggage with us to the Center the last morning, and check it (they have a place for us to do that) and then leave right from the McCormick Center.

Jun 8, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

There are several Metra stations in the city and they all serve different lines. The one at McCormick only goes to points south and east, so it probably won't work for her.

The one I take to get home is an entirely different station from the two already mentioned. I need to go to LaSalle St!

Jun 8, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Yeah. The McCormick station ends at Millenium Station- which appears to be several blocks from Ogilvie. If need be, I could take that line and then get a cab from there...it would be cheaper than a cab all the way from McCormick to Ogilvie. So that's an option.

I'm not real great with the Chicago Bus system...it confuses the heck out of me! :D I'll look at it though. The trains I understand *hehe*.

Jun 8, 2009
Have something to add?