• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Going to the Metra/Ogilvie Station After Conference?

In summary, a few people might be heading to the Metra station after Conference ends on Saturday. One person might take a CTA bus and another person might take the train to their in-laws' place.
esavvymom
Staff member
Is anyone going to be heading to the Metra station (Ogilvie Transportation Center) after Conference ends on Saturday? I wasn't sure how transportation might work leaving- but assumed a cab would be my only option to get to the train station. My in-laws live in the suburbs, and my DH will be there. So I'm taking the train to their place.If anyone else is going, maybe 1 or 2 of us could share a cab to the station? If so, maybe we can exchange numbers to coordinate where to meet, etc after conf. ends. I know several consultants live in the Chicago/Suburbs area...so was hoping. :DLet me know!

you could take a CTA bus for $2.

There is a Metra Station right at McCormick Center. We usually take our luggage with us to the Center the last morning, and check it (they have a place for us to do that) and then leave right from the McCormick Center.

ChefBeckyD said:
There is a Metra Station right at McCormick Center. We usually take our luggage with us to the Center the last morning, and check it (they have a place for us to do that) and then leave right from the McCormick Center.
There are several Metra stations in the city and they all serve different lines. The one at McCormick only goes to points south and east, so it probably won't work for her.The one I take to get home is an entirely different station from the two already mentioned. I need to go to LaSalle St!

DebbieJ said:
There are several Metra stations in the city and they all serve different lines. The one at McCormick only goes to points south and east, so it probably won't work for her.

The one I take to get home is an entirely different station from the two already mentioned. I need to go to LaSalle St!

Yeah. The McCormick station ends at Millenium Station- which appears to be several blocks from Ogilvie. If need be, I could take that line and then get a cab from there...it would be cheaper than a cab all the way from McCormick to Ogilvie. So that's an option.

I'm not real great with the Chicago Bus system...it confuses the heck out of me! :D I'll look at it though. The trains I understand *hehe*.

1. How far is the Metra/Ogilvie Station from the conference location?

The Metra/Ogilvie Station is located approximately 1 mile from the conference location. It is a short 10-15 minute walk or a 5-10 minute drive.

2. Is there parking available at the Metra/Ogilvie Station?

Yes, there is parking available at the Metra/Ogilvie Station. There is a large parking lot with both metered and paid parking options.

3. Are there any public transportation options to get to the Metra/Ogilvie Station?

Yes, there are several public transportation options to get to the Metra/Ogilvie Station. You can take the CTA bus or train, or use rideshare services like Uber or Lyft.

4. How often do trains depart from the Metra/Ogilvie Station?

Trains depart from the Metra/Ogilvie Station approximately every 15-20 minutes during peak hours and every 30 minutes during off-peak hours.

5. Can I purchase a train ticket at the Metra/Ogilvie Station?

Yes, you can purchase a train ticket at the Metra/Ogilvie Station. There are ticket vending machines available for your convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • tina617
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Joelen