• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Use This Airfare Website?

In summary, a group of individuals are discussing their experiences with various online ticket booking websites. One person mentions finding a cheap ticket on CheapOair, but is hesitant to use the site since they have never heard of it before. Others chime in with their experiences, including one person who found hidden fees on CheapOair's website and suggests checking other websites like Booking Buddy or Kayak. There is also a warning about checking baggage fees before booking and a mention of booking directly through the airline's website for potentially better deals. Multiple reviews are mentioned, both positive and negative, with some recommending to avoid CheapOair altogether. The conversation ends with someone finding a better deal on Expedia and another person warning against using CheapOair.
I have not - I've never even heard of them before.

Me neither....that's why I thought I'd see everyone's thoughts..

Well, that site isn't too bad either.
But, the cheapOair website's rate just dropped to $110 with taxes for me.
Please, you other people that have traveled more than me.....would you use this site? How does it work when you use these.....do you get a ticket, or just a boarding pass?

I used cheapo air once and found they have some hidden fees for their services. It might be a good deal, just check what fees they have. Good luck!Just checked the website and it has and online fee for $24.00 per person. Plus fees for hotel and rental car.

Thanks for that tip; I hadn't noticed that yet.

I found bad reviews with cheapo air when I was going to use them. Use booking buddy or kayak with several listed sites, good old fall backs are expedia and orbitz which are always safe. Be sure to read if additional charges are going to occur. You will not get tickets in the mail -- just print out a copy of the page or even just take your reservation number once all is finalized.

And once you think you've got a good price, go directly to the airline's website and see what they are offering on line. Sometimes it is cheaper. And not all airline, Jet Blue, for instance, advertise or book through the multiple online sites.

If you're in an area where Southwest flies to, they don't list on 3rd party sites, you HAVE to book on their site.

I normally fly with Southwest out of KC & we always have good rates with them. There are only a few options flying out of the Branson area, and the airlines' websites have nothing near the prices the discount sites have.

I found this when doing a Google search for reviews:
cheapoair.com is the worst site of all time, they aren't even in the usa... they use bait and switch to defraud you of fifty dollars in cancellation fees and then you have to cancel the ticket with the airline yourself.

Run away fast. This positive review was probably an inside job by an employee and that's about all they have on the internet... just dig a little to find criminal and civil charges being brought on them

This is dated over a year ago, so things may have improved. There is the $24 per person booking fee, though.

Also, no matter what airline you use, for any trip, be sure to look up the baggage check-in fees!! We were ripped off over $400 by Northwest on our trip back from California. The flight was booked through Delta (and we took a Delta flight to California), and we expected to pay the same fees coming back, but NW fees are exorbitant!! I'll never fly them again, and I strongly suggest everyone else avoid NW, as well. Again, know the check-in fees before buying your tickets. You may not bringing much for 3 or 4 days in Chicago, but anywhere you fly, you want to be prepared.

I booked through expedia and got better flights - nonstop, no layovers and I got to pick my flight times - for a better price once you add the taxes, which don't show on the initial price page. I've never heard of this company.

well I just typed in the flight route which I have already boughten and it is way more then what I paid and I got mine through cheaptickets.com and is very glad with the price of 312.00 which includes taxes and everything.

Lacy, I just checked some more reviews, and a couple of people have suggest 'run, don't walk, away from this website!' It sounds like they do a great job of bait and switch - making sure there's some kind of problem with your reservations (like flights being canceled, or not being existent in the first place), then either making you pay a cancellation fee - if though it was their fault - or, not refunding you when you have to pay out of pocket to make corrections (I read at least one review by someone who would have been stranded if they had not been able to pay out of pocket).

There were two great reviews - one from someone claiming to have flown from Indiana to Florida, but who is clearly not an American - and who also had poor grammar and spelling, but didn't give any indication of what country he's in.

So, this may be worse than a case of 'get what you pay for.' You may not even get that much.

Thanks Sarah!
I'm thinking I'm glad I didn't jump on the low price with them. Sometimes when things seem too good to be true; they really are that way.

I also use kayak.com and get really good rates through them. I like them because they give you the total cost (most other flights add the taxes and fees after you've started reserving the ticket but this website gives you the total cost when you are comparing flights) and I also like them because they search through all the other sites (Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, etc) for you and give you the best rates. I actually searched the same flight info on this site and all the others and their prices were accurate so it saves you a lot of research time and gets you the best deals. I don't even look at the other sites anymore.

I was just checking for the fun of it and using travelocity flying with United out of NH it would cost me $712 including hotel room at Sheraton Water and Towers. If I go with Southwest they want $1040 LOL Wish I had the money because I would so go with the Travelocity price LOL But I just can't swing it :( I am setting up at flea market this Sunday, pending weather, to try and get some money to try and still be able to go but not going to get my hopes up LOL I feel so sad I can't go :(

And just a note, I just checked their price with travelocity for the same flights and hotel and they want $40 more than travelocity so no big savings there.

Last edited:
I ended up not using them after all your helpful suggestions! I booked through Orbitz which had the best rate....and luckily my flight was refundable since I'm now not able to go.

1. What is the best way to find the cheapest airfare using this website?

The best way to find the cheapest airfare on this website is to use the search filters and compare prices across different airlines and dates. You can also sign up for price alerts to track any price drops.

2. Are there any hidden fees or additional charges when booking through this website?

No, there are no hidden fees or additional charges when booking through this website. The price you see at the time of booking is the final price you will pay.

3. Is this website reliable and trustworthy for booking airfare?

Yes, this website is reliable and trustworthy for booking airfare. We work with reputable airlines and have secure payment methods to ensure a safe booking experience for our customers.

4. Can I book flights for multiple destinations or layovers on this website?

Yes, you can book flights for multiple destinations or layovers on this website. Our search engine allows you to select multiple destinations and find the best route and price for your trip.

5. Can I make changes or cancellations to my flight reservation made through this website?

It depends on the airline's policy and the type of ticket you purchased. Some airlines may allow changes or cancellations with a fee, while others may have stricter policies. We recommend checking the airline's terms and conditions before booking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
Replies