• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Secure Your Conference Stay: Tips for Booking Rooms at Wave 3

In summary, the person is anxious about not having a room for the conference and does not know what to do. They have their airfare and conference taken care of, but they still do not have a room. They talked to their director who said that sometimes rooms are available in June, but the person is getting a bit nervous. They also talked to another person who is also on CS but they have not heard from them either. They are considering trying to get on the waiting list or book a room at the Travelodge.
Kathytnt
I have my airfare and conference taken care of but I still don't have a room and not sure what to do. I am flying in on Sunday but have already heard that there are not Conference price rooms avialable for Sunday night.
I talked to my Director (who also doesn't have a room for Sunday) and she says they sometimes open up additional rooms if availble in June but I am getting a bit nervous.

Not sure what to do. The original person I was going to room with seems to have dropped out of PC. Not returning my e-mails and the other person I talked about rooming with that is also on CS seems to be swamped with work and PC and I haven't heard from her either.

Should I just try to get on the ever lengthening waiting list or what? I know that this may happen every year but it is a little stressful for those of us that have never been to conference and have hubbies that worry alot and like to have things pinned down.

Thanks, Kathy

I would get on the list ASAP, but I would also book a room at the Travelodge so if it doesn't work out, you at least have somewhere to stay.

How far away is the Travelodge? I am not familiar with the area

I think Lacy booked her rooms there for all three nights and it was comparableto what we were paying. She said it was a block from one of the conf hotels.

I believe the Travelodge is a block off Michigan Ave., down the side street that runs along the side of the Hilton. So it wouldn't be hard to get to shuttles/banquet.

The Travelodge is very close--just a block or two away. You can walk over to the Hilton to catch the shuttles.

And Nancy Jo's banquet is at the Hilton, so you'll be right there.

I booked a room at Travelodge for $169 a night :) It's only a block from a conference hotel so an easy walk. I did that because I didn't trust TP to get me a room on the 15th (I was on the waiting list too!).

I received a room for the 15th last week....am canceling my room at Travelodge this week.

There is another thread about this same topic you might want to read. I started the thread but can't remember what I called it :eek:

DebbieJ said:
The Travelodge is very close--just a block or two away. You can walk over to the Hilton to catch the shuttles.

And Nancy Jo's banquet is at the Hilton, so you'll be right there.

Glad to hear someone from the area confirm that it's very close! Being from small-town KS, when you hear that it's a block away, you just don't know if it's really a block or not!

If I book at the Travelodge will I have to pay any penalty if I get a different room in a reasonable amount of time. My director keeps saying don't worry but my husband worries.

WOHOO - I got my Cheffer button in the mail yesterday!

Double check what the restrictions are. I think they charge your card for one night/room on 6/22 and then you have up to 36 hours before to cancel.

Kathytnt said:
If I book at the Travelodge will I have to pay any penalty if I get a different room in a reasonable amount of time. My director keeps saying don't worry but my husband worries.

WOHOO - I got my Cheffer button in the mail yesterday!

I don't think there is a penalty. You just need to cancel a certain number of days before. If shouldn't be a problem since you will know something definite from TP before then.

That's why I booked my rooms at the Travelodge....so I would have some peace of mind!

Yes, I believe my friend that booked our Travelodge rooms said she just has to cancel 48 hours ahead of time to avoid penalties...

If I didn't hear back from TP when I did, I would have booked at TL. There is another girl in my cluster going and I told her to go to TL. not to even bother with TP.

AJPratt said:
If I didn't hear back from TP when I did, I would have booked at TL. There is another girl in my cluster going and I told her to go to TL. not to even bother with TP.
Except that for the same price you get a much classier hotel if you can get in the conference hotels. If you don't have a room yet I would get on the list and book there as a backup.

But my question is with bookinga room through TP is that to be a room leader you ahve to know who all is going to be in your room. We have two people in our cluster that are on the wait list but I haven't heard anything yet.

Can you get on the waiting list by yourself??

Kathytnt said:
Can you get on the waiting list by yourself??
Yes. You would book a single. I don't think you'd be on a waiting list since few people stay by themselves.

I booked at Travelodge but I will try to get a room through TP too I guess I booked a double room so if there are some CS people or such we will have room for additional people

Hi Kathy,

I am an Advanced Director in Indiana and my downline Director Dorothy Teusch had someone back out of her room/conference this week. She is really trying hard to find someone to fill it. The gals in that room are great! Dorothy got TPC in 2 categories this year and is doing Kitchen Show Live as one of the workshops...she'd be great to network with. Right now they have a room at the Hilton with 2 baths and we also have one at the Palmer House Hilton with 2 baths...two beds of course as well. The cost with tax is $50 per night per person and we have the rooms Sunday -Wed morning checkout. Her email address is [email protected] and phone is (317) 374-4024. Let me know if you're interested. BTW...my upline Director stayed at the Travel Lodge last year and hated it.

I was on the wait list by myself. And, if my husband doesn't go, I'll have the room to myself.

I have room for one in my room at the Hilton also. Same thing, 2 bath, from Sunday checking out Wed.

Ann dear if you want you can stay with us!!!
We have room for 1 at the sheraton....near the java bar muhaaaa :)
Anyone else that still needs a space please send me an email or PM.
Ann I hope your Hubby goes but if not come hang with our little redneck nepa cluster. It is me, one of my fabulous recruits and my advanced director! That I just absolutely love.
We are at the sheraton sun-thurs morn
I can't wait to meet all of you!

Wave 3 RoomCathy,
We have need 2 people in our room at the Chicago Hilton. If you haven't found a place to stay yet, you are welcome to join us. Please let me know ASAP

I'm OK with hub not going, and kinda looking forward to having the room to myself, unless someone really needs one and then it would be ok for me to share!

I just PMd you too! I also have room available at the Sheridan. Sunday through Wed!

I still have room for 1 person at the Sheraton Sunday thru Wednesday. Let me know and you can split the room with us -- 2 from Colorado Springs and 1 from Florida. I can send you the RSVP Confirmation.

1. How far in advance should I book my conference stay?

It is recommended to book your conference stay at least 6-12 months in advance to ensure availability and secure the best rates. This is especially important for popular locations and events.

2. Is there a minimum number of rooms required to book for a conference stay?

Yes, there is typically a minimum number of rooms required to secure a group booking for a conference stay. This number may vary depending on the hotel and location, so it is important to confirm with the hotel or your event planner.

3. Can I make changes to my conference stay reservation?

Yes, you can make changes to your reservation, such as adding or removing rooms, as long as the changes are made before the hotel's cancellation deadline. After the deadline, changes may incur additional fees or may not be possible.

4. Are there any special rates or discounts available for conference stays?

Some hotels may offer special rates or discounts for conference stays, especially if the event is held on their premises. It is best to inquire with the hotel or your event planner for any available discounts or promotions.

5. What happens if I need to cancel my conference stay?

If you need to cancel your conference stay, be sure to do so before the hotel's cancellation deadline to avoid any penalties. After the deadline, you may be responsible for a portion of the room rate or the full amount, depending on the hotel's policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
batroark
Replies
Views