• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Take a Royal Carribean Cruise Before?

In summary, Paula recommends choosing a ship based on where you want to go, and suggests either Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas or PC's Enchantment of the Seas. Both ships are identical in layout and have similar ports of departure, but Majesty is slightly larger. She also recommends cruising out of Puerto Rico instead of Florida, as the waters are smoother.
jwpamp
Just wondering if there are any travel agants or seasoned cruisers out there....not sure which ship to pick for the cruise (Sovereign of the Seas or Majesty of the Seas).

Help!

I've only been on one cruise and that was the trip 2 years ago with PC (we were on Enchantment of the Seas). Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line. The trip was awesome, plus I've heard this from others.

I need to make that choice to. From what I've looked at on their website, the ships are pretty much identical with very similar ports. I'm not sure where in FL the two ports are that the ship leaves from, so maybe that's one way to decide. I suppose it doesn't really matter. But maybe someone has actually been on those ships and can pipe in. I'd love to know which one to pick, too!!!

I went on Majesty in 2001 and on Navigator with PC in 2006. I've not been on Sovereign. Majesty was ok...nothing compared to Navigator...but Majesty was nice. I believe you board Majesty in Ft Lauderdale, no? If you'll be in Ft Laud for a while, you'll be about 20 minutes from me and Jilleysue - maybe we'll pop down & see you!

My husband and I are very seasoned "cruisers", as his former employer used to take us on a cruise every year. Boy am I missing those!!

Anyway, we've been on Monarch of the Seas, as well as Majesty of the Seas. I'm pretty sure we were on Sovereign of the Seas once, too. Monarch and Majesty are exactly the same layout, but Majesty was a little bigger. I don't recall the layout of the Sovereign; however, ALL of the Royal Caribbean cruise ships are really spectacular, to be sure!!

Also, I recommend, if possible, that you cruise out of Puerto Rico instead of Florida. The boats leaving Florida are in the Atlantic, and the waters are a bit more "choppy". If you leave out of Puerto Rico, you're already in the Caribbean waters, where it's much "smoother sailing"!!

When will you be cruising? I just know you're going to have a blast!! What islands will you be going to?

I'm soooo jealous!! lol

Oh, one thing I should tell you....
You eat SOOOOO much on these things, that it's really hard the day you're traveling home, 'cause you're sooo hungry!! lol That being said, as I recall, they have a bakery, or pastry shoppe, so to speak, on board. There's no charge, but they have wonderful cookies! The last night we were on board, I went to the little shop and got several of them to take with us for our trip home. You cannot take fresh fruits, as they won't allow them thru customs, so the cookies were the best I could think of . Boy, were they "extra good" on that very long day of travel back home!! We were still hungry, but it definitely helped!! ha! ha!

Best wishes!
Paula

Truthfully, I think you'll have an absolute blast, no matter which ship you choose. It's probably more important to choose where you want to go!!

If you list the choices of destinations available to you, I'll do my best to give you my little ol' "two cents worth"!!

Paula

I've been on Soverign and that's the ship I'm cruising on!! I've picked it and it's an 45 minute drive from my house. It's about 45 minutes away from Orlando as well. Extend your stay a couple days and go to Disney World!! I've also been on RC Enchantment and they're both BEAUTIFUL!! WHatever one you choose, you'll be stoked!!

I hope you pick Soverign so we can all meet up!! :D

We went of Soverign 10 years ago for our Honeymoon. I think they have updated the ship since then. Anyway, it was beautiful and we had a great time.
I was hoping to earn this trip since it is our 10 year anniversary and it would be so awesome to take my DH on that ship again to celebrate our 10 years together. I am not sure if we will make it. I will know more in a couple weeks. The past two shows I have had were both $1200 in sales and if all the rest of my shows till the end of the year were that then I would be there.
I need to make a plan to get this trip!!
(sorry for the hijack).
Enjoy your cruise.

I picked Majesty of the the seas for the PC trip this year it leaves out of Miami . I have been on Soverign OF THE SEAS FOR MY 10TH anniversory 6years ago and we had a great time. If you want to pick a ship not with PC buy on your own we went on the Disiney ship for 7 days and it was the best ever the food was so much better than Royal Caribian , buy alot of kids very hard to enjoy the pool on deck

SEE YOU ON Majesty in APRIL

We went on an RC cruise in February~Voyager of the Seas. It was amazing, but I think the most important thing to choose is the departing port (which one is less expensive for you to get to?) and what destinations are you interested in?

Majesty of the Seas is really nice. Actully you can't go wrong with all Royal ships. They are 3 new ships out there that you should check into. We are going to Belize next year hopefully. The new one has a HUGE mall in it.

We went on the Navigator of the Seas 2 years ago, and we're going on Freedom of the Seas in February. I can't wait! This time we booked through Costco (we have a membership) and because we did so, they pay for our travel insurance. We saved about $100 dollars!

So I'm guessing if you earn the cruise, then PC gives you all the info, and then you pick which ship? I can't wait!

I would like to try Royal Carribean...been on Carnival (not so nice), been on Princess (nice but expensive).

Royal Carribean sounds like fun!

I had a bad experience with Royal Caribbean and vowed I would never sail with them again. It wasn't the ship but the way they handled our mishap of an excursion. I prefer Carnival anyday.

1. What is the best time of year to take a Royal Caribbean cruise?

The best time to take a Royal Caribbean cruise depends on your personal preferences and desired destinations. However, many people consider the shoulder seasons of spring and fall to be the best time to cruise as the weather is usually pleasant and the crowds are smaller.

2. What are the most popular destinations for Royal Caribbean cruises?

Some of the most popular destinations for Royal Caribbean cruises include the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, and the Mediterranean. These destinations offer a variety of activities and experiences, making them a top choice for many cruisers.

3. Are gratuities included in the price of a Royal Caribbean cruise?

No, gratuities are not included in the initial price of a Royal Caribbean cruise. However, they are automatically added to your onboard account and can be adjusted or removed if desired. The amount of gratuity varies based on the length of the cruise and the type of stateroom.

4. Can I bring my own alcohol onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise?

Royal Caribbean allows guests to bring up to two bottles of wine per stateroom on embarkation day. Any other alcohol brought onboard will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. Guests can also purchase alcohol packages onboard, which include a variety of beverages at a discounted price.

5. What is the dress code for a Royal Caribbean cruise?

The dress code for a Royal Caribbean cruise varies depending on the time of day and the type of dining venue. During the day, resort casual attire is appropriate. In the evening, there are typically two dress codes: smart casual and formal. Smart casual attire includes dresses, skirts, or dress pants for women, and slacks and collared shirts for men. Formal nights usually require cocktail dresses or gowns for women, and suits or tuxedos for men.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies